News E3 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Replaced was my favourite game shown at the XboxBethesda show. Horizon looks beautiful as always. Good gamepass advert, but honestly they're still lacking on genuine big / new IPs if you were to compare to what Sony has. Were they supposed to end the show on Starfield but changed it because of the leak? Redfall seemed like a flat finisher.

Onto SE, only thing at SE show that is an immediate buy for me is the FF1-6 collection. Marvel GOTG combat looked janky as hell. The new Platinum and Team Ninja FF games looked kind of rough too honestly but co-op for them is alright.

Onto SE, only thing at SE show that is an immediate buy for me is the FF1-6 collection.

PC & mobile only and no Tactics are both stupid decisions.

The majority of the SE show being mobile-focused shows where their heads are at. All about that MTX and milking Sony for timed exclusives.

lol i thought Halo multiplayer trailer looked awesome fun. Battlefield meanwhile looked kinda weird like big boring maps with randomly placed buildings and total chaos. also is it really $90 AUD despite no campaign?

very excited for Outer Worlds 2, I didn't really get many of the criticisms of the first game - i thought it was 9/10 really enjoyed it. if the 2nd is just similar but improved it could be a 10/10 from me. though it feels like another game that is being announced 3 years before release. meanwhile saw nothing about Fable or Avowed

kinda disappointed they still didn't really show Starfield, just another vague trailer. what even is it? I hope it's a regular Bethesda style story-driven RPG but a few things I've seen make it look like you visit randomly generated planets or something. has me worried. i just want Elder Scrolls in space so hopefully it's that

STALKER looked to really nail the atmosphere and they are talking about a lot of immersive features like complex AI and what not. the trailer looked totally scripted though but hopefully it looks somewhat like what the trailer did

lol i thought Halo multiplayer trailer looked awesome fun. Battlefield meanwhile looked kinda weird like big boring maps with randomly placed buildings and total chaos. also is it really $90 AUD despite no campaign?

very excited for Outer Worlds 2, I didn't really get many of the criticisms of the first game - i thought it was 9/10 really enjoyed it. if the 2nd is just similar but improved it could be a 10/10 from me. though it feels like another game that is being announced 3 years before release. meanwhile saw nothing about Fable or Avowed

kinda disappointed they still didn't really show Starfield, just another vague trailer. what even is it? I hope it's a regular Bethesda style story-driven RPG but a few things I've seen make it look like you visit randomly generated planets or something. has me worried. i just want Elder Scrolls in space so hopefully it's that
Battlefield hasn't been worth the money since the PS4 launched with Battlefield 4 imo and even that game has its problems (runs really badly on PS4).

Halo I will wait and see. Not sold on Infinite.

Battlefield hasn't been worth the money since the PS4 launched with Battlefield 4 imo and even that game has its problems (runs really badly on PS4).

Halo I will wait and see. Not sold on Infinite.

looks like the multiplayer is free for Halo at least so can try out. definitely won't be buying the campaign until reviews are out

Avatar looked awesome graphically same as Forza 5 which will be awesome on game pass.

Interested in Jurassic World Evo 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy

I thought Xbox/Bethesda showcase was good. My gaming backlog is about to get much bigger with all those new game pass titles. Would liked to have seen a little more of Starfield though, and at least a little info on how Avowed, ES6 and Scorn are going.

Stalker 2 and Chernobylite look like clones of each other/open world Metro Exodus. Keen.

Atomic Heart still exists after all!

Redfall might be cool, has a bit of an 80's fright night aesthetic to it.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Looks like they got the humor and music right. Wish they'd kept the looks of the films a bit more.

Was that actually Johnny Depp providing voice for the Sea of Thieves expansion? Sounded like they got the Gibbs and Calypso originals too.

Couple of other lesser knowns caught my curiosity:

Project ferocious/Instinction - Dinosaur survival shooters? I've always wanted a JP survival game)
Silt - beautiful art style - Inside but set in the ocean?
Somervile - as above

There's a few more but I can't remember their names.

I'm hoping we get a Dragon's Dogma 2 confirmation from Capcom tomorrow. A sequel is well overdue.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Looks like they got the humor and music right. Wish they'd kept the looks of the films a bit more.
It’s always hard for games to license the actual actors unless they play the part in the game which would cost millions. Maybe in the future if the gaming industry keeps growing and games over take cinema in the main stream or if Square grew a set and just went for it.

I played the GOTG telltale series and it was fine, especially if they make it laid back. Having 4 other companions wrecking stuff sounds like fun.

Starfield still being 18 months away doesn't bode well. You'd hope the engine gets improved because it simply doesn't look that interesting.

Give us details.

Looks like the lighting has been spruced up and the metallic surfaces had more shine than anything in FO4. However the actual renderer still looked pretty average. I don't think anyone will be surprised if this is delayed beyond that date, and I hope they do some work under the hood of their Creation Engine in the next 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Xbox/Bethesda showcase was good. My gaming backlog is about to get much bigger with all those new game pass titles. Would liked to have seen a little more of Starfield though, and at least a little info on how Avowed, ES6 and Scorn are going.

Stalker 2 and Chernobylite look like clones of each other/open world Metro Exodus. Keen.

Atomic Heart still exists after all!

Redfall might be cool, has a bit of an 80's fright night aesthetic to it.

Was that actually Johnny Depp providing voice for the Sea of Thieves expansion? Sounded like they got the Gibbs and Calypso originals too.

Couple of other lesser knowns caught my curiosity:

Project ferocious/Instinction - Dinosaur survival shooters? I've always wanted a JP survival game)
Silt - beautiful art style - Inside but set in the ocean?
Somervile - as above

There's a few more but I can't remember their names.

I'm hoping we get a Dragon's Dogma 2 confirmation from Capcom tomorrow. A sequel is well overdue.

I was trying to work the bolded out myself. At times it sounded like him and they may have been just grabs from the movies as there were lines which I don't think sounded like him at all.

Outside of Elden Ring and STALKER 2, not much has impressed yet.
Atomic Heart looks cool as hell but random flash cuts make it hard to tell what the gameplay would be like.
Lots of cinematic trailers and re-treads of well worn paths (yes, I know Elden Ring is a worn path as well).

Outside of Elden Ring and STALKER 2, not much has impressed yet.
Atomic Heart looks cool as hell but random flash cuts make it hard to tell what the gameplay would be like.
Lots of cinematic trailers and re-treads of well worn paths (yes, I know Elden Ring is a worn path as well).

There has been a few short gameplay vids of Atomic Heart from the last two or three years in this thread if you haven't seen them. I get Bioshock vibes.

I was trying to work the bolded out myself. At times it sounded like him and they may have been just grabs from the movies as there were lines which I don't think sounded like him at all.

Reddit are saying its more than likely Jared Butler who did the voice for Kingdom Hearts Jack Sparrow.

Also, isn't there heat between Depp and Disney?

Reddit are saying its more than likely Jared Butler who did the voice for Kingdom Hearts Jack Sparrow.

Also, isn't there heat between Depp and Disney?

Don't think so, it's Warner Bros that basically forced him to quit Fantastic Beasts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back