Draws - your opinion

What should happen when there's a draw?

• Goalkicking shoot-out from 40m

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Extra time, hate draws, don't care about tradition when AFL changes so rapidly nowadays.

It’s nothing to do with tradition, a draw and splitting of points is a perfectly acceptable outcome. Especially in a sport where % is often a determinant to important things like finals position and draft picks. Having the draw points can have genuine meaning.

The NRL brought the golden point in a while ago. It absolutely adds to the excitement and anticipation for the crowd.
It would have to be for an extra two quarters 5 minutes, or whatever time frame, each. For weather conditions.

I think the draw is simply part of aussie rules. Its been there all my life and Iam 70+. What I dont understand is all this "empty feeling" stuff. I mean surely we can all manage experiencing a draw. I would think that if you played extra time and you lost, then that "empty feeling" would be a shit load worse.

Just leave it alone

Finals are different. I understand that a result is required on the day but when there was a draw in the SANFL which only effected the supporters in Adelaide having a replay was an acceptable option.

The NRL brought the golden point in a while ago. It absolutely adds to the excitement and anticipation for the crowd.
It would have to be for an extra two quarters 5 minutes, or whatever time frame, each. For weather conditions.

Golden point is farcical. A brutal game of crashing into each other to gain and protect mere metres. And then that’s all thrown in the bin for a game of drop kick from 40m out.

Golden point is farcical. A brutal game of crashing into each other to gain and protect mere metres. And then that’s all thrown in the bin for a game of drop kick from 40m out.
Yep never said it was perfect, just trying to use it as an example of what it does to the crowd.
Personally I’d like the AFL to be consistent with all things over the entire season which includes finals and also including umpiring decisions.
Yeah I know, AFL being consistent…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep never said it was perfect, just trying to use it as an example of what it does to the crowd.
Personally I’d like the AFL to be consistent with all things over the entire season which includes finals and also including umpiring decisions.
Yeah I know, AFL being consistent…

During the season, next week's matchups aren't reliant on the week prior. Finals are vastly different, hence the different approaches being perfectly reasonable.

The last time I was at the MCG was our previous draw against the Pies where we came back from the dead.

Was one of the most memorable games I have been to... & wouldn't be the case if it wasn't a draw.

I was still buzzing on the train on the way back.

The last time I was at the MCG was our previous draw against the Pies where we came back from the dead.

Was one of the most memorable games I have been to... & wouldn't be the case if it wasn't a draw.

I was still buzzing on the train on the way back.
Wait, what?

If we came back from 50 and actually won it wouldn’t be as memorable?

Wait, what?

If we came back from 50 and actually won it wouldn’t be as memorable?
For me the draw is easier to remember over time because so rare.

Also, was with my Dad who hadn't been to the MCG since the Olympics... so spent time walking around the outside of stadium before the game taking in all the statues, etc.

Was a memorable trip...

For me the draw is easier to remember over time because so rare.

Also, was with my Dad who hadn't been to the MCG since the Olympics... so spent time walking around the outside of stadium before the game taking in all the statues, etc.

Was a memorable trip...
Ok but the second part has nothing to do with the draw.

I think you’d remember a 50 point comeback.

Ok but the second part has nothing to do with the draw.

I think you’d remember a 50 point comeback.
No, the draw is more memorable.

I think I know my own memory!

Why do you have such an issue that a draw is one of my most memorable games?

Another one is the Showdown final & there was no comeback in that game!

Another was the inaugural win against the Hawks.

Last edited:
No, the draw is more memorable.

I think I know my own memory!

Why do you have such an issue that a draw is one of my most memorable games?

Another one is the Showdown final & there was no comeback in that game!

Another was the inaugural win against the Hawks.
Did we draw those two as well.

Have you been concussed today?
Just don’t follow the logic.

Draws are more memorable. Fine. Then you list two beltings. Wouldn’t 94 against St Kilda be next in your most memorable?

And I also strongly suspect that had we come back from 50 points down to beat Collingwood - after the siren mind you - at the G, with your dad, that the memory wouldn’t be any less clear.

Back