Domestic Violence Epidemic

Remove this Banner Ad

Begging the obvious question for Police, as to why at the Thursday magistrate hearing, Police do not appear to have put in a request for the earlier bail decision (by the registrar) to be rescinded and re-stated their case, including a new victim statement.

'Ticehurst, a mother and childcare worker, was scared when Billings was released, her father Tony said. “She went away for the first week of the AVO,” Tony told Nine, “thinking that if he was going to do something, it would be within that week. She said she was wary and nervous and couldn’t sleep.”'

'When the charges were mentioned in court again last Thursday, this time before a magistrate, police did not raise the question of returning him to custody. A few days later, Ticehurst’s body was discovered at a home in Forbes.'

The Cobram victim's name is Emma Bates, she needed a mobility scooter to get around.

He's a nasty piece of work. Unfortunately Emma Bates autopsy didn't show a clear cause of death so he has been charged with lesser charges.

Is anyone aware of any jurisdictions (in Australia or overseas) where court ordered DV education is ordered and adequately enough provided before a DV perpetrator is allowed to leave the court room or custody (including Psych ward custody), as part of both ADVO's and any related DV criminal charges?

Including for those sent to Psych wards/facilities, for assessment/treatment, so that they must successfully complete DV education before being released into the community, or allowed out into the community for short periods during their Psych ward/facility incarceration.
Most perps would sit there quitely pretending they are listening to this 'education', just to tick a box that they went through a program to look good in front of a judge.

Seems to be an attempt to tie in fears around immigration levels, with fear of foreigners, Muslims and Palestinians with the current topic of Domestic Violence.

I'm not even sure this is a case of Domestic Violence given the lack of evidence that "Julia" ever had an intimate partner relationship with the alleged stalker.

It's not clear whether she has irrefutable proof that the alleged stalker is Palestinian, as she claims.

Maybe some con-man that had a plan to eventually start demanding $$$ from her in order for the alleged electronic stalking and online abuse to cease?

Sounds like she would have had photos, names and contact details of this alleged stalker.

If she published them or got the media to publish them, that might help quickly get the alleged stalker to either get what he deserves or have him quickly cease what he is doing.

He's hardly likely to sue her for defamation or continue to threaten her once his name and pic are online, and if he does, in the process it might smoke out if anyone else is involved in the stalking and online abuse.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 9.47.28 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 9.48.00 AM.png Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 9.48.26 AM.png

So what are we doing? Just waiting for people like him to commit more and more serious violence until he kills a woman… and then we’ll have a conversation about the need for respect?

Pretty much seems to be how it goes.

Oh they’ve not murdered anyone (yet) so we can’t take it too seriously.

Come back when you’ve been murdered seems like a poor way of dealing with it.

And don’t even get me started with a case of a woman stalking a man and how poorly that’s handled.

WA Homicide Squad detectives have charged a man with murder after he allegedly assaulted the woman he lived with and set fire to their home in Perth's south on Thursday night.

Police allege the 35-year-old man left the injured woman in the Warnbro house before setting it alight and fleeing with her three-year-old child.

Emergency services found the 30-year-old woman's body on Friday morning.

The child was later taken to Rockingham Hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.

The man has been charged with one count of murder and one of criminal damage by fire and is due to face court today.

2020: Luke Sekkouah faces charges of grievous bodily harm and causing harm with intent in Kalgoorlie District Court. He was acquitted on the grounds of self defense after the court heard details of the incident, which included Mr Sekkouah tearing a hole in the victim’s scrotum, and attempting to eye gouge him.

Violence

Violence

Violence

The clues are always there.

We simply don’t take violence seriously enough.

It escalates, then we act surprised.

Most perps would sit there quitely pretending they are listening to this 'education', just to tick a box that they went through a program to look good in front of a judge.
Agree that many would. If it helps at least some though that’s something and leaves no excuses for the arsoles who choose to continue to be violent.

Some info on the players in the 2013 weakening of NSW Bail laws made at the beginning of the long reign of the last NSW Coalition Government, when both the current NSW Opposition Leader and ex-Attorney General (Mark Speakman) and Ex Political (for now) David Elliott (Ex NSW Liberal Minister for Police/Corrections etc.) were NSW MP's.

IMO, the NSW Coalition Opposition will probably just call for more State Assets to be sold in order to fund building more jails and Police Stations to be able to have less accused rapists and DV accused on bail from whatever changes to the NSW Bail laws they end up supporting or proposing.

'The background for the change of bail laws was an overcrowding crisis in NSW’s prison'

'one answer at least lies surely in the changes to the Bail Act that former premier Barry O’Farrell, led by his then-attorney-general Greg Smith, made in 2013.'

'I reported in the Daily Telegraph in June 2012: “Accused murderers and rapists would be allowed out of jail while awaiting trial under an overhaul of NSW bail laws.'
[article quoted far below]

'Then-Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said at the time that he did not want to see the bail laws changed.'

'I don’t know if the registrar who released Ms Ticehurst’s alleged killer would have made a different decision had the Act not been changed.
But they might have.'

'Special bail planned for minorities

ACCUSED murderers and rapists would be allowed out of jail while awaiting trial, under an overhaul of NSW bail laws, despite protests.

Andrew Clennell
June 14, 2012 - 12:00AM'

NSW has the strictest bail laws in the nation - and while this had cut down on "failure to appear" - the report claimed there was "no evidence" it had cut crime rates.

The presumption against bail currently applies to murder, manslaughter, serious sexual and violent offences, kidnapping and other major offences.

The report, by Hal Sperling QC, recommends dumping the approach in favour of a "presumption in favour of release" for all offences.
...'

Last edited:
Howard guts education > uneducated kids > uneducated and poor parents > this is the result

Baby bonus probably didn't help either

Or its that the feminist pedagogy in the education system that creates a whole lot of little s**t heads who received next to no discipline in school who then go out into society thinking they can do as they please.

A view validated by the courts support this dead s**t philosophy in the legal world.

"At its core, feminist pedagogy aims to decenter power in the classroom to give students the opportunity to voice their perspectives, realities, knowledge, and needs.[10] This can be utilized through the process of decentering power, where the educator distances themselves from their authority status and enables their students to have equal footing with them."

What kind of idiots thought giving child students equal footing with an adult was a good idea?

A woeful method to teach boys.

Boys need discipline and need hard boundaries set and enforced.

Zero consequences for actions is what they have all grown up learning.

Or its that the feminist pedagogy in the education system that creates a whole lot of little s**t heads who received next to no discipline in school who then go out into society thinking they can do as they please.

Some people see the word 'feminist' and their blood pressure goes up :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people see the word 'feminist' and their blood pressure goes up :rolleyes:

Or its rubbish theory that shouldn't be any where near schools.

Have you read the nonsense they push?

No wonder kids in schools have so little regard for teachers when stupid teaching methods like that put the teacher at the level of the students.

No wonder kids think they can abuse and assault teachers with sod all recourse.

No wonder kids in schools have so little regard for teachers when stupid teaching methods like that put the teacher at the level of the students.

I'd think a lot of it starts at home, parents treat teachers like babysitters and there's a real sense of 'my darling would never do that' when told their children is doing something wrong, or expect the teacher to fix the behaviour of the child.

At least that's the gist of what I hear from friends who are teachers.

Too many parents not engaged enough or supporting the teacher in trying to resolve behavioural issues.

The six principles of feminist pedagogy. Not sure I agree with activism before the last year in high school. One of my kids took that to the nth and it drove me and the school nuts.

Aside from that, looks alright to me.

The six educational principles drawn from transformative feminist pedagogy, namely: (1) participatory learning; (2) personal experience; (3) embodied practice; (4) social understanding and activism; (5) critical thinking and open-mindedness; and (6) intersectionality.

In the Classroom
  • questioning students and using group debriefing.
  • using technology to manage sensitive discussions.
  • claiming our authority. (Errr what authority?)
  • facilitating the process of understanding new and contradictory knowledge.
  • selecting culturally diverse materials.

The six principles of feminist pedagogy. Not sure I agree with activism before the last year in high school. One of my kids took that to the nth and it drove me and the school nuts.

Looks alright to me.

The six educational principles drawn from transformative feminist pedagogy, namely: (1) participatory learning; (2) personal experience; (3) embodied practice; (4) social understanding and activism; (5) critical thinking and open-mindedness; and (6) intersectionality.

Looks like a load of activist crap to me.

Exactly the kind of environment that fails students and teachers.

The kind of ideology that leads to classes becoming less safe for teachers and producing ill disciplined students that have no respect for anything.

A view validated by the courts support this dead s**t philosophy in the legal world.

"At its core, feminist pedagogy aims to decenter power in the classroom to give students the opportunity to voice their perspectives, realities, knowledge, and needs.[10] This can be utilized through the process of decentering power, where the educator distances themselves from their authority status and enables their students to have equal footing with them."

What kind of idiots thought giving child students equal footing with an adult was a good idea?

A woeful method to teach boys.

Boys need discipline and need hard boundaries set and enforced.

Zero consequences for actions is what they have all grown up learning.

I'm not sure this is even a thing in primary and high school.

Can you go in and fix it please?

I'd never heard of it until Bostonian mentioned it. No idea where he's heard about it, or why it's related to Domestic Violence.

A lot of it seems fairly incompatible with a lot of how the education system is setup though, so I can't imagine it's seeing much use in the real world. Certainly it seems pretty impractical for STEM subjects.

I'm not sure this is even a thing in primary and high school.

It's there.

"Tracy (teacher) said respecting traditional school values started disappearing from the classroom around 25 years ago and this is a big reason as to why they are in the state they are now, with out of control students and teachers fearing for their safety daily."

"The government won't be tough - if they just stayed out of schools and allowed schools to do their own thing and get on with it, Australian schools would have been a lot better 25 years ago," she said."

Seems to correlate well with the disappearance of traditional school values the rise of poor behaviour in society has increased significantly in the same time.

It's there.

"Tracy (teacher) said respecting traditional school values started disappearing from the classroom around 25 years ago and this is a big reason as to why they are in the state they are now, with out of control students and teachers fearing for their safety daily."

"The government won't be tough - if they just stayed out of schools and allowed schools to do their own thing and get on with it, Australian schools would have been a lot better 25 years ago," she said."

Seems to correlate well with the disappearance of traditional school values the rise of poor behaviour in society has increased significantly in the same time.

Is this the article?

Doesn't mention feminist pedagogy that I can see?

A crime thread on a footy forum discussing the Australian domestic violence epidemic - against women - being dominated by a man blaming 'feminist pedagogy'.

Who would have thought that could happen? (sarcasm alert)

Perhaps its because mainstream media, including our ABC, fails in its social responsibility to discuss the crisis with informed intelligence? And evidence based policy solutions rather than ideological shouting.

Take tonight's ABC Q&A program for example and in particular the 'expert' panel it has chosen to discuss the increasing calls for action to be taken calls for increased violence against women.

There are no experts on the subject matter here. All that will result is the usual binary political shouting match. Nothing will be learned but even more will be lost.

More women will be sexually assaulted or killed in coming weeks by men they know with still no coherent policy response and action from governments.

Last edited:
A crime thread on a footy forum discussing the Australian domestic violence epidemic - against women - being dominated by a man blaming 'feminist pedagogy'.

Who would have thought that could happen? (sarcasm alert)

Perhaps its because mainstream media, including our ABC, fails in its social responsibility to discuss the crisis with informed intelligence? And evidence based policy solutions rather than ideological shouting.

Take tonight's ABC Q&A program for example and in particular the 'expert' panel it has chosen to discuss the increasing calls for action to be taken calls for increased violence against women.

There are no experts on the subject matter here. All that will result is the usual binary political shouting match. Nothing will be learned but even more will be lost.

More women will be sexually assaulted or killed in coming weeks by men they know with still no coherent policy response and action from governments.

The Minister for Agriculture and Emergency Management (e.g. Natural Disasters) seems like he'll be able to add a lot of expertise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back