Analysis Dom Tyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This guy is really starting to lose me as a footballer and I can tell I'm not alone.
He was good in a really really poor side in 2014 and hasn't done a lot since to be honest
I don't rate his kicking at all. He doesn't run or work hard and this season is having almost no impact at all.

Salems a good kid and Hunt was a stroke of genius but H2H Kelly shits all over Tyson
Early he looked set to be a Nick Dal Santo type but I think he's more Travis Johnstone. Capable of high skill but really not consistent or accountable.

I'd be happy to trade him for some value and let Viney take more of his role

This guy is really starting to lose me as a footballer and I can tell I'm not alone.
He was good in a really really poor side in 2014 and hasn't done a lot since to be honest
I don't rate his kicking at all. He doesn't run or work hard and this season is having almost no impact at all.

Salems a good kid and Hunt was a stroke of genius but H2H Kelly shits all over Tyson
Early he looked set to be a Nick Dal Santo type but I think he's more Travis Johnstone. Capable of high skill but really not consistent or accountable.

I cannot fault this position.

I think you know how I feel. I'd retain Tyson's hair on the list but trade Dom. Problem is I'm not sure what sort of offer we'd get for him.

My issues with him are that he often makes horrible turnovers when under minimal pressure, he doesn't seem to want to move the ball quickly, he isn't strong at all and gets owned by big bodied midfielders. Likes to point when he has the ball, a habit that irks me.

He's in danger of becoming a depth midfielder playing most of his footy st Casey.

I think you know how I feel. I'd retain Tyson's hair on the list but trade Dom. Problem is I'm not sure what sort of offer we'd get for him.

My issues with him are that he often makes horrible turnovers when under minimal pressure, he doesn't seem to want to move the ball quickly, he isn't strong at all and gets owned by big bodied midfielders. Likes to point when he has the ball, a habit that irks me.

He's in danger of becoming a depth midfielder playing most of his footy st Casey.

Don't remember if it was your or someone else but they were absolutely right when they mentioned that Dom takes a mark and then strolls back for some me time with the ball.

Hes just not very good

I know players can improve disposal but i didn't you could get worse as each game goes by.. How can someones kicking go from good to really average??
In 2014 i don't remember him being this bad at all? in fact i felt calm when he had ball in hand.

Something is not right with Dom.

Can we stop trying to trade/get rid of good players?
Agree.

I wouldn't trade him just yet. He had a pretty serious knee injury over the pre season so im wondering whether thats played a part in his dip of form.

Has played 74 afl games and if he keeps playing every week then he'll hit the 100 game mark next year. id rather wait and judge him then.

I wouldn't be trading this guy unless it's part of a deal to get May or someone similar. He probably is playing the role Gus wants and I'd say that the club are working on his skills. I don't think he's am huge issue at the moment just needs to tidy up his disposal.

I think the most frustrating thing about him is the inconsistency. His best is very good and it's not like he's a mercurial forward pocket or something, he plays a position (and is of an age) where he should be able to contribute consistently.

But one reason I don't think they'll trade him is he's the best mid we have at running to the right space and being an option when we're trying to move the ball between the arcs on a slow play/non-fast break. Added to that he can take a grab so when one of the s**t kicks in our defensive half inevitably sits one on his head he's every chance of holding on to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has zero impact on games. Takes too long to dispose of the ball, and his kicking is deplorable at times. The only 2 blokes on our list I have any faith in set shots on goal is Watts and Salem. I can't believe how many ordinary kicks we have on the team. And it's hurting us. Dom can find the footy ok, but lacks any impact when he gets it. I'd give Gus a go in the middle ahead of him ATM..

Still gets a start in every midfield in the league, but he could and should be so much better than he is. Johnstone comparison is a valid one. I'd rather have Gus taking the midfield minutes that Tyson currently has.

Still gets a start in every midfield in the league, but he could and should be so much better than he is. Johnstone comparison is a valid one. I'd rather have Gus taking the midfield minutes that Tyson currently has.

That's why the question is valid about trading him though because I don't see it increasing in the next 2 years.

He is always really, really slow to get back to form after missing games. This year is no exception, the injury over Christmas...

He was really good at the back half of last year (especially against the Hawks) but has had a very poor start to the year by his standards.

I'm backing him.

It's a wait and see scenario for me, who knows what type of impact his knee injury is having on his disposal.
He'd definitely have a fair bit of value on the trade table should we decide to pursue that route

I think he will recover some form. His hair has been cut recently. I think it's sapping his strength
Perhaps his nickname should be Samson

I mean, he isn't Clarry but he's well above VFL level. Yeah he butchers a few kicks but he's a solid mid rotation in my eyes, does a little of everything. Having said that i would like to see Gus developed in the middle and not left to get angry and ask for a trade so i see where you're coming from.

Slow, poor decision making, poor disposal, can't defend... If he wasn't a top pick we gave up a lot for everyone would be all over him a'la Melksham

Literally the more he gets it in games the more it hurts us then you factor in how much the opposition hurts us going the other way against him.

Would rather Trengove in the team than Tyson.

His best is still very good, but we're certainly not seeing it at the moment. I'm not sure he's one I'd like to see leave a tear it up for an opposition club, but he needs to really sort out his disposal to stay in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back