Review Dogs 133 def Tigers 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoy the win, Richmond were undermanned and very very poor, think everyone acknowledges it doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things this year. Hope it can give the group some sort of confidence to move forward into a very tough period of games.

JUH is playing like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders, been a tough month for him personally, hopefully it settles down and things get better on field.

Friejah handled the occasion well and was good with ball in hand, time for him and Cleary to have a run back there and Bramble and Gags can go back and find touch in the VFL.

Just let rip over the next month, expectation around us is gone. Bring the heat and keep trying to move it quickly. Would much rather go down swinging, trying to play the right way than the careful, meandering way we have lost games to top 8 sides the last couple of years.

Garcia's game was pretty encouraging I thought.

A nice bit of urgency and bravery about him. Has a go and was pretty clean last night.

I really want the coaches to make sure that we're rotating him through the middle once Libba comes back, his burst from the stoppage and his playing with intent is something that we need.

Sure, absolutely. But the main issue has been the conflict between JUH and Naughton flying for the same ball.

Weightman complicates matters and Darcy and his reach is on errr... an entirely different level.

Yes, yes yes, thats all very nice, but the important thing is to acknowledge that I was first and was howled down by all the lesser experts than I. My farsighted heroism and all round awesomeness needs to be acknowledged!!!!
1715472082648.png

I really want the coaches to make sure that we're rotating him through the middle once Libba comes back, his burst from the stoppage and his playing with intent is something that we need.
Do you think Libba will come back though? I'd be absolutely gobsmacked tbh.

Last edited:
I think (and I’m sure so does Bevo) that if we’re going to have a mediocre season then it’s far more tolerable if we’re developing the next generation.

He’s likely gone if we don’t make finals, which looks near certain, but if we start winning in exciting fashion fuelled by youth the pressure will ease.

I’m sure there will be ups and downs with Sanders, Freijah, Cleary etc but much better going down with them in the side than Baker, Poulter etc.

Bramble again made me want to tear my hair out but he seems a fixture for now. I do not understand it.

Can only beat what’s in front of you but that game from Richmond was up there with one of the worst performances I’ve seen. We should’ve won that by 180 points.

Richards was awesome. Got that wrong in not wanting him in the middle. Treloar is leading our best and fairest atm. Liam Jones a gun. Bont is Bont. Only downside for me was Bramble. Think he’s been given a fair chance but just not at the standard. Cleary was much better for me.
Bramble is just sooooo fumbly can't be relied upon in the clutch situations. He links up pretty well but I would be preferencing Cleary as I think he has the higher upside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he’s coming to an end and that’s understandable but Dureya is such a smart footballer and still has much to offer.

At the game I noticed how much he arranges the backs., his ability to find the ball when we need an outlet goes under the radar and his timing when to go and went not to is spot on.

He also uses the ball well

I know he’s coming to an end and that’s understandable but Dureya is such a smart footballer and still has much to offer.

At the game I noticed how much he arranges the backs., his ability to find the ball when we need an outlet goes under the radar and his timing when to go and went not to is spot on.

He also uses the ball well
He was good last night. Had a shocker last week, going to ground too often, but it was a good response.

The backs were good last night but it’s the second straight year where it’s completely unsettled with significant changes from week to week. It’s fine against Richmond but not against the elite team.

From round 1:
Coffield - injured
Buku - dropped
Richards - midfield
Bramble - wing
JJ - forward

Relying on dads army is always going to be a concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back