FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Scriptwriters are just putting their own political point of view in it and woking it all up at the expense of the story itself. The new Doctor is a black actor, no problem with that, but he will also be gay and have a transgender companion. I don't know if i will laugh or cry at this. I wonder if they will do the same to the Cybermen? Gotta watch those pro nouns, Cybermen might be out of bounds from now on? Cybertoasters might be in? Could there be an episode where two Daleks fall in love with each other? The show should probably come to an end. it's been a good run, Russell T Davies doesn't like all the woke scriptwriters and definitely didn't like what Chibnall was doing, but the first special was more than dubious, so WHO knows what direction it will take. Do ratings matter anymore? The show appears lost to me.
Transgender, homosexual and non Caucasian is simply part of the world we live in. Transgender for example, it needs to be injected to mainstream culture and accepted the same way homosexuality and mixed races have been. The only way to gain acceptance and create a culture of normalisation is to create and cast characters of this persuasion.

Transgender in the scheme of things is pretty minuscule. It’s a representation of the market we have to accept. I personally don’t really have any desire to identify another way, to me it’s a bit foreign and peculiar, but that doesn’t mean I won’t / can’t accept it for others whom have those urges.

A fun romp. With creepy echoes of 'Midnight'.

And Wilf. And an ominous warning.

And thankfully nothing much for some of the whiners to whine about.

Though they will probably find something... :(

Terrible episode this week. No abysmal.

The worst of RTD's excesses once again out in the forte.

It's worse than a lot of the Jodie/Chibnall era tbh.

Irritating and boring. 2/10

Haha wtf?

Brilliant episode. Eerily creepy reminiscent of Midnight as others have said. The alien imitation and uncertainty of what is reality was fantastic. Thought it was a great contained ep that doesn't try to be bigger than it is.

I hate these type of talky/claustrophobic episodes. Boring and I can barely tolerate Donna in small doses

You mean episodes that rely on acting rather than CGI monsters? Yeah those are the worst.

What acting? Lol

Anyhow this episode is being widely condemned on social media right now so i feel vindicated somewhat.

What do you mean what acting? The entire episode had two actors in it..

I'm not particularly interested in what little corner of the internet you go to to get your opinions on episodes, but you're welcome to pop there yourself for your echo chamber.

4/5 stars

A bunch of social media reactions all overwhelmingly positive.

But go off.

What do you mean what acting? The entire episode had two actors in it..

I'm not particularly interested in what little corner of the internet you go to to get your opinions on episodes, but you're welcome to pop there yourself for your echo chamber.

4/5 stars

A bunch of social media reactions all overwhelmingly positive.

But go off.

The Guardian and Radio Times reviewers always give RTD episode good reviews (and Chibnall for that matter)

It's mostly propaganda.

The good news we have only one more episode of the very overrated Tennant Doctor and Donna. Sick of em

Ncuti and Ruby will be awesome though

The Guardian and Radio Times reviewers always give RTD episode good reviews (and Chibnall for that matter)

It's mostly propaganda.

The good news we have only one more episode of the very overrated Tennant Doctor and Donna. Sick of em

Based on what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's mostly propaganda.

Each to their own. I rate Tennant & Donna as the best Doctor/companion pairing since the start of NuWho - and it's daylight second. I'd probably rate Capaldi/Clara as my 2nd favourite, but they're a looooong way behind Tennant/Donna.

I'm interested to see what Ncuti/Ruby will bring, but I'm definitely not assuming they "will be awesome".

I think all portrayals of the Doctor have really average periods. Ecclestone had one season so he might be more maligned due to some weaker stories, I.e the Slitheen were average, Cassandra wasn’t great, and I didn’t like the reintroduction of the daleks at the end. Dalek was the best story by far, and I liked the Father’s Day, the empty child, and the doctor dances. That’s a decent haul of stories.

Even the great Tom Baker had a really questionable second half of his tenure, and he probably got away with acting up and taking the mick because he was Tom.
I strongly feel Eccleston is pound for pound the best actor to ever have the part, and I think he really succeeded in elevating the series into a serious drama. I can't really see any other actor pulling off the switch between the goofy loveable rogue to raging genocidal hate he does in 'Dalek'.

It's a shame he only did one season (also apparently his departure was in protest of mistreatment of underlings and crew during production which makes it even more bitter).

Each to their own. I rate Tennant & Donna as the best Doctor/companion pairing since the start of NuWho - and it's daylight second. I'd probably rate Capaldi/Clara as my 2nd favourite, but they're a looooong way behind Tennant/Donna.

I'm interested to see what Ncuti/Ruby will bring, but I'm definitely not assuming they "will be awesome".

Doctor/Donna then Doctor/Bill for me, that season with Bill is grossly underrated because of no 'memorable' villain eps, but on re-watch it stacks up very well. Capaldi/Clara I actually hated on re-watch, that first Capaldi season is really tough outside of a couple of eps.

I strongly feel Eccleston is pound for pound the best actor to ever have the part, and I think he really succeeded in elevating the series into a serious drama. I can't really see any other actor pulling off the switch between the goofy loveable rogue to raging genocidal hate he does in 'Dalek'.

It's a shame he only did one season (also apparently his departure was in protest of mistreatment of underlings and crew during production which makes it even more bitter).

Surely Sir John Hurt is the best actor to ever play The Doctor (even an unofficial one)

Or Peter Cushing :)

Doctor/Donna then Doctor/Bill for me, that season with Bill is grossly underrated because of no 'memorable' villain eps, but on re-watch it stacks up very well. Capaldi/Clara I actually hated on re-watch, that first Capaldi season is really tough outside of a couple of eps.
I really like Clara as a companion, and I really hated Matt Smith as the Doctor. Capaldi's first season wasn't great, but I had to find some Doctor/Clara combination to rate as #2, and it sure as Hell wasn't going to be Smith/Clara.

I really like Clara as a companion, and I really hated Matt Smith as the Doctor. Capaldi's first season wasn't great, but I had to find some Doctor/Clara combination to rate as #2, and it sure as Hell wasn't going to be Smith/Clara.

Clara/Capaldi in Capaldi's second season is much better to be fair. That was the season of exclusively two-parters which I loved as it gave stories time to breathe.

Interesting episode. Some good ideas, although would have been better as a mid-season episode rather than one of the longer featured specials.

Clear echos of Midnight, Listen and Heaven Sent, although not quite as strong as those masterpieces. The length was an issue, would have worked a lot better at 42 minutes, as opposed to 55. The first half was just way too slow building up the tension. They really needed to introduce the threat 10 minutes earlier.

The monsters were similar to those in Flatline, better realised on television, but not quite as interesting an idea.

The episode really got going once the two Tennants started working it out and the ending was fantastically realised. The show has never looked better.

I teared up when we saw Wilf, and I’m not the least bit embarrassed to say it.

Also, the Isaac Newton stuff at the start was the 21st century version of the show at its most smug and self satisfied. I’m sure it will be relevant for the next episode, given the “mavity” references, but the episode would have much better without it.

Clara/Capaldi in Capaldi's second season is much better to be fair. That was the season of exclusively two-parters which I loved as it gave stories time to breathe.

My favourite since the show came back. Under the Lake / Before the Flood is among the most underrated ever. Brilliant on so many levels, but rarely mentioned.

The Zygon two parters, Heaven Sent / Hell Bent, plus the Dalek opener. All brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back