Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell Pt 2 * FM guilty of assault & intimidation

Remove this Banner Ad

Continued from PART 1

Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both *Guilty
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
Shanelle Dawson who’s father Chris murdered her mother Lyn was hypnotised by a consultant via NSW POL.

The same consultant psychologist was the person appointed to provide witness testimony in Court and generated an expert report regarding LT in relation to the foster parents stalk / intimidate + assault cases.

For your reference, an excerpt snipped from Shanelle’s experience with Dr. Banks:

“I believe I saw my sister and I in the back of a car, of our station wagon, and my mother slumped in the front,” she told the program.

“I believe I saw him shining headlights on a spot near the pool and digging.

“I believe that he buried her in that spot for that night, and then the next day when he didn’t have us kids, moved her somewhere else.”

The hypnosis was organised by police in 2013 and performed by clinical psychologist Dr Gary Banks in Sydney.”

I guess you’re thinking why is this significant and what does it have to do with a discussion regarding the memory of a 4 year old witness?

It might be too long a bow to draw, but
LT was 4 years of age when W went missing. Shanelle was 4 years of age when her mum went missing. Did both people came into contact somehow with Dr. Banks through NSWPOL as witnesses?
It's a tough one. Shanelle's memories recalled under hypnosis were not permitted to be used in evidence against her father. There is a lot of debate and controversy about this type of evidence. In the Dawson case, he was convicted on other evidence anyway.

So, it would be difficult to see any successful prosecution proceeding on the basis (only) of William's sister's recollections if they were to be done under hypnosis. It might be different if she came forward as an independent adult witness (when she is legally entitled to do so), and presented a story different from what we have been told so far. Even then, I am fearful that defence lawyers would put her through the wringer under such circumstances. It would take incredible courage and determination on her behalf.

It's more likely that she has no clear recall of events, or has become confused or misled by the various narratives which emerged since the event.

it would be difficult to see any successful prosecution proceeding on the basis (only) of William's sister's recollections if they were to be done under hypnosis.
I think NSWPOL commenced a search for Lynette’s body after Shanelle Dawson’s hypnosis.

So, of course you’re right, it would be inadmissible, but the Dawson case is one example of the way police acted on the results of the hypnosis report, but didn’t use that report in any kind of evidence.

Just because they can’t use it in evidence doesn’t mean that they can’t use it for operational purposes.

Now did they hypnotise a minor in State care? I would highly doubt it. But who knows?

From Where's William Tyrrell? Bring Him Home - Official, Facebook, 12 May 2024 (Mothers Day):

"... Sadly, as most mothers will hold their children close, our thoughts are of William, his loved ones and the many heartbroken mothers and families like them whose precious children have not come home. Today, as we mark 3531 tragic days since William was abducted from his happy life and the limitless love he knew; we continue our pledge to never give up the search for precious William and bring him home.

NSW Police continue to offer a $1Million reward for information that will lead them to William. ..."

From the announcement of the reward nearly eight years ago:

Return on William Tyrrell, NSW Police Force, 12 September 2016:

'The NSW Government has announced a $1 million reward for information that leads to the recovery of William Tyrrell.

NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione and lead investigator, Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, were joined by NSW Premier Mike Baird, to announce the landmark reward today (Monday 12 September 2016), to coincide with the second anniversary of William’s disappearance.

[Commissioner Scipione:] "This is a unique reward, it does not require the charge and conviction of any person(s), it relates to the recovery of William Tyrrell."

Strike Force Rosann is one of the largest investigations ever undertaken by the NSW Police Force, and involves a team of full time investigators and analysts. In addition, they regularly consult with the NSW Police Force’s Senior Forensic Psychologist.

They are assisted by hundreds of detectives from around the state, who were assigned more than 150 investigative packages.

[Det Ch Insp Jubelin:] "William’s disappearance has left a noticeable mark on the whole community and, as the lead investigator, I will say that we are frustrated, but that frustration is driving us, and each and every member of the team is committed to reaching a resolution."'

I think NSWPOL commenced a search for Lynette’s body after Shanelle Dawson’s hypnosis.

So, of course you’re right, it would be inadmissible, but the Dawson case is one example of the way police acted on the results of the hypnosis report, but didn’t use that report in any kind of evidence.

Just because they can’t use it in evidence doesn’t mean that they can’t use it for operational purposes.

Now did they hypnotise a minor in State care? I would highly doubt it. But who knows?
Dawson is appealing the verdict!

From Where's William Tyrrell? Bring Him Home - Official, Facebook, 12 May 2024 (Mothers Day):

"... Sadly, as most mothers will hold their children close, our thoughts are of William, his loved ones and the many heartbroken mothers and families like them whose precious children have not come home. Today, as we mark 3531 tragic days since William was abducted from his happy life and the limitless love he knew; we continue our pledge to never give up the search for precious William and bring him home.

NSW Police continue to offer a $1Million reward for information that will lead them to William. ..."
There’s no evidence William was been abducted and no evidence that he had a “happy life,” although it does seem like he had the opportunity to travel interstate and overseas, which would be quite a treat for a youngin in the foster care system; but maybe he did have a happy life, and we will know more when the inquest resumes.

Btw: Who is even writing those posts? I doubt William’s parents are even consulted. It’s a bit weird.

Last edited:
I mean, that option is available to him. Lots of crims appeal their verdicts.
Is that relevant somehow?
Shows difficulty of a conviction with very little evidence.

Commonalities, no body, no forensic evidence (that we know of at the moment), no good forensic police search early on, digging of a site/ garden years later ( again with no result that we know of), child who is too young to be able to give evidence. POI named, but years before charges were laid. It was as if (IMO) that it got to the point in the Dawson case, of now or never and they charged Dawson.

The photo of the time on the sunrise show.
How accurate is the time on the morning TV shows? There would be some broadcasting latency. Also they show minutes and not seconds. So,IMO, it may not have been 100% accurate in confirming the time on the camera before William was missing.

The photo of the time on the sunrise show.
How accurate is the time on the morning TV shows? There would be some broadcasting latency. Also they show minutes and not seconds. So,IMO, it may not have been 100% accurate in confirming the time on the camera before William was missing.
I don't think they used the time shown on the screen of the TV for analysis - they used the actual time that the captured frame was broadcast to air. It had the same time discrepancy as the other photos on the camera, I believe.

I don't think they used the time shown on the screen of the TV for analysis - they used the actual time that the captured frame was broadcast to air. It had the same time discrepancy as the other photos on the camera, I believe.
But it was a Sunrise show. So there could have been time as well displayed on the screen.

31550, you suggest that the time was worked out form the actual broadcast, so it would be down to seconds. I'm not technical, so a question. Would the latency of broadcast be the same for everyone? In other words would there still be a possible drift or variation of a few seconds that would be expected for the image to appear on your TV screen?

But it was a Sunrise show. So there could have been time as well displayed on the screen.

31550, you suggest that the time was worked out form the actual broadcast, so it would be down to seconds. I'm not technical, so a question. Would the latency of broadcast be the same for everyone? In other words would there still be a possible drift or variation of a few seconds that would be expected for the image to appear on your TV screen?
Yes it could be a few seconds or even minutes out, depending on how the stream was delivered to the TV. It could even be longer if the TV supported pause functionality, or if the show was recorded and played back. But all this would achieve is to make the timestamp on the camera later than the actual time of the broadcast, not earlier! Remember that the timestamp placed by the camera onto the photo EXIF data shows a time approx 2 hours before that particular frame went to air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it could be a few seconds or even minutes out, depending on how the stream was delivered to the TV. It could even be longer if the TV supported pause functionality, or if the show was recorded and played back. But all this would achieve is to make the timestamp on the camera later than the actual time of the broadcast, not earlier! Remember that the timestamp placed by the camera onto the photo EXIF data shows a time approx 2 hours before that particular frame went to air.
The forensic examination would then possibly forgive a few seconds difference in time between the photo of the broadcast and the time on the camera when examined by police. And assume the camera time had not been changed.

I just reset my clock on the kitchen oven. I had a reference clock to choose the time. It is only in minutes, but I think I did it pretty accurately, and I had lost the instruction manual.

No other photos would be relevant as they do not refer to the real time. Unless there was a photo of an event like a sunset, but of course not accurate down to seconds.

The forensic examination would then possibly forgive a few seconds difference in time between the photo of the broadcast and the time on the camera when examined by police. And assume the camera time had not been changed.

I just reset my clock on the kitchen oven. I had a reference clock to choose the time. It is only in minutes, but I think I did it pretty accurately, and I had lost the instruction manual.

No other photos would be relevant as they do not refer to the real time. Unless there was a photo of an event like a sunset, but of course not accurate down to seconds.
I'm not sure of the point of this. Let's not go down the rabbit-hole of the photos again. If you missed all the previous lengthy discussion about the photos I suggest you scroll through this thread and read it.

My TLDR is: The timestamp of ALL photos on the camera were found to be 'out' by about 2 hours. They all showed an EXIF timestamp of approx 2 hours before their actual capture time. This was explained because the camera was purchased in Bali and set to Bali time, and never reset to AEST. Investigators were able to confirm this because there was a photo which had a TV in the background with the Sunrise show on, taken a couple of weeks prior to WT's disappearance. Investigation of the Sunrise frame captured showed that segment went to air on the day it was taken, and the EXIF timestamp had the same approx 2-hour discrepancy between the air time (when the segment was broadcast) and the photo timestamp, just like all the other photos on the camera.

I'm not sure of the point of this. Let's not go down the rabbit-hole of the photos again. If you missed all the previous lengthy discussion about the photos I suggest you scroll through this thread and read it.

My TLDR is: The timestamp of ALL photos on the camera were found to be 'out' by about 2 hours. They all showed an EXIF timestamp of approx 2 hours before their actual capture time. This was explained because the camera was purchased in Bali and set to Bali time, and never reset to AEST. Investigators were able to confirm this because there was a photo which had a TV in the background with the Sunrise show on, taken a couple of weeks prior to WT's disappearance. Investigation of the Sunrise frame captured showed that segment went to air on the day it was taken, and the EXIF timestamp had the same approx 2-hour discrepancy between the air time (when the segment was broadcast) and the photo timestamp, just like all the other photos on the camera.
No, not like all the other photos. The only photo that showed a capture time was the photo of the TV broadcast.
So an assumption was made that the camera time had not been altered.

No, not like all the other photos. The only photo that showed a capture time was the photo of the TV broadcast.
So an assumption was made that the camera time had not been altered.
The Sunrise photo may or may not have shown a time. That is irrelevant. Every photo had a recorded (capture) time in its EXIF data. In every case this was determined to be approx 2 hours 'off' AEST, but set at Bali time. This includes the Sunrise photo, which had an EXIF timestamp of approx two hours before the actual time it was broadcast. OK?

It’s been discussed over and over again.

Let’s wait until forensics come back, either at the Inquest or in some other format. There’s no point discussing it anymore than has been discussed.

IMO

Shows difficulty of a conviction with very little evidence.
Dawson had a fair trial. He’s guilty of murdering Lynette.

It’s a circumstantial case, but justice was served.

He’s also been found guilty of carnal knowledge, as you know. Chris Dawson should just tell the police where he put his wife’s body.

I don’t know how much it relates to William’s case, unless you’re assuming the Strike Force haven’t located William’s remains? But we don’t know if they did or didn’t, do we…..

Surely it's Insight? The post links to the WW website which is run by Insight. I think it's about time they stopped.
I don’t understand why they’re still running with the abduction line. And why they’re still trying to amplify SD as his “mother”. For what purpose?

Btw: Who is even writing those posts? I doubt William’s parents are even consulted. It’s a bit weird.
I assume by "William's parents", you're referring to his biologicals? Yes, it does make you wonder. Where are they lobbying? When are they being heard, do they contact media on Mother's Days or Christmases, for example? How are they fighting for William? I wonder what they are doing now.

The Sunrise photo may or may not have shown a time. That is irrelevant. Every photo had a recorded (capture) time in its EXIF data. In every case this was determined to be approx 2 hours 'off' AEST, but set at Bali time. This includes the Sunrise photo, which had an EXIF timestamp of approx two hours before the actual time it was broadcast. OK?
Sorry still not convinced. But happy to agree to disagree.
The time in a simple digital camera in the EXIF date comes from the setting on the camera. This setting is done manually and can easily be changed. How did they determine all the photos actual time?

On another note - hypothetically, for an What-if scenario. What-if the time on the camera had been found to be set to AEST, would this have changed anything?

Sorry still not convinced. But happy to agree to disagree.
The time in a simple digital camera in the EXIF date comes from the setting on the camera. This setting is done manually and can easily be changed. How did they determine all the photos actual time?

On another note - hypothetically, for an What-if scenario. What-if the time on the camera had been found to be set to AEST, would this have changed anything?
You're suggesting William's parents changed the time settings before the pic was taken for false proof of life to be presented after a planned murder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back