Workshop design a tasmania logo and jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Tassie has released Devils branding, which will now be used for all men’s and women’s Tassie teams - incl future TAC and VFL clubs.

http://www.afltas.com.au/the-devils-are-back/

TASDEV-1080x675.png

Perhaps the triangle devil logo could be on the jumper, as an updated take on the old tassie map style.

Reckon green, yellow and red is a pretty unique combo that works well.

The final name options were voted on -

Devils 74.4%
Mariners 12.29%
Storm 7.51%
Mavericks 3.41%
Warriors 2.39%
Personally prefer the middle, mainly due to the prominence of green. Very good to see a secondary colour make a return to the AFL (eventually).

Already a team with a very similar moniker. Would be like if Port entered with the magpies moniker.

But a Magpie and a Magpie are the same thing.
A Demon and a Devil are different and also completely different words.
And in this sense, it's a legitimate animal and everybody is aware of that.

But a Magpie and a Magpie are the same thing.
A Demon and a Devil are different and also completely different words.
And in this sense, it's a legitimate animal and everybody is aware of that.
Theologically a demon and devil are one in the same, a devil is just one specific demon. Would just be jarring to see to two names together e.g: "Welcome to the 2045 AFL Grand Final between the Demons and the Devils" Sounds like a B-League sorta name.

There are also so many better alternatives that have the chance at creating a more interesting and unique identity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the thing that most people are missing is that the club shouldn't be called Tasmania as that makes them a State team instead of a city or region based club.

I'm not sure how you get around it if the team was going to play home games split between Hobart & Launceston though.

Bass Strait Brawlers

Using green in the playing outfit is a must though, looks great and is a nice change from everything else already in place.

I think the thing that most people are missing is that the club shouldn't be called Tasmania as that makes them a State team instead of a city or region based club.

I'm not sure how you get around it if the team was going to play home games split between Hobart & Launceston though.

Bass Strait Brawlers

Using green in the playing outfit is a must though, looks great and is a nice change from everything else already in place.
They sould use the name Southern like Western and West Coast GTR (Greater Tasmania Region)

Bass Strait Brawlers

Van Diemen's Land ;)

The use of red with green never looks good. They compete with each other too much and are too strongly related to Christmas. I'll be disappointed if a Tasmanian AFL team sticks with the colour palette used in the new logo.

Tasmania's state colours don't actually include red anyway. Maroon is the correct state colour.

Something with a bottle green, and maroon separated by a warm yellow ("gold") as the highlight colour would be a much nicer balance.

Bass Strait Brawlers

They’ll definitely be called Tasmania. They represent the whole state. How is that a problem?

Yeah because naming the first WA team the West Coast Eagles was an absolute disaster

They sould use the name Southern like Western and West Coast GTR (Greater Tasmania Region)
Greater Tasmanian Region Devils. That rolls off the tongue.

GWS works because it encompasses more than just Western Sydney, it extends beyond to the blue mountains and Canberra.

I don’t think there’s anything outside of Tasmania you could class as ‘Greater Tasmania’.

Bass Strait Brawlers

It also becomes problematic should Origin ever come back.

In the highly unlikely event there is a team, "Island State" sort of works in a manner similar to "West Coast" or the NBA's "Golden State".
Bottle green would have to be the main colour, but there must be no Map. That's for state v state; not club football.

Last edited:
Greater Tasmanian Region Devils. That rolls off the tongue.

GWS works because it encompasses more than just Western Sydney, it extends beyond to the blue mountains and Canberra.

I don’t think there’s anything outside of Tasmania you could class as ‘Greater Tasmania’.
Canberra is not part of any "greater western sydney" and more than albury is part of "greater melbourne".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back