Resource Depression/Anxiety the silent killers - everyday is RUOK day. #SpeakUpStayChatTy

Remove this Banner Ad

Same thing happened with my wife and I. She hates needles so we got a portion of the way down the IVF path and stopped. It sounds like a pretty harrowing ordeal to be honest.

While I would have loved to have had kids I’m happy not. I guess the dream is to have a son that will take up the passion for NMFC. We were fortunate to have students live with us and various things , which while I know it’s not the same, does give you some of those experiences, junior sport and stuff, and I have one that is now a very passionate Kangas fan!

Good luck with it all, and enjoy the wanking booths 😉

Took me and my wife 10 years to have our son who has now just turned 5.

I have quite the story about "the booths"

I had to drop off a specimen to a place in Collingwood, was told I could do it there or had 45 minutes to get it there once completed. I thought to myself nope I can't do it there but I had to drop it off by 8am and I live, in peak hour traffic, at least 1 hour away from Collingwood.

I came up with a really great "solution" told my mum, who lives in Carlton, that I had an early meeting for work in Collingwood and would get ready at her place then go there. I couldn't tell her what I was actually doing and why, she would have lit candles, had Careless Whisper playing and brought magazines to "use"

So off I trot to the bathroom and attempt to get this done. I reckon they knocked on the door at least 4 times "want some toast?" "do you need any breakfast before you go?" "what time do you need to be there?" "you are taking a while"

I ended up yelling leave me alone, got it done and then stored it in my pocket, walking back through the house I dropped the container, thankfully it didn't spill, I quickly picked it up without her noticing and had it there within 15 minutes.

The lesson here? Use the booth

Took me and my wife 10 years to have our son who has now just turned 5.

I have quite the story about "the booths"

I had to drop off a specimen to a place in Collingwood, was told I could do it there or had 45 minutes to get it there once completed. I thought to myself nope I can't do it there but I had to drop it off by 8am and I live, in peak hour traffic, at least 1 hour away from Collingwood.

I came up with a really great "solution" told my mum, who lives in Carlton, that I had an early meeting for work in Collingwood and would get ready at her place then go there. I couldn't tell her what I was actually doing and why, she would have lit candles, had Careless Whisper playing and brought magazines to "use"

So off I trot to the bathroom and attempt to get this done. I reckon they knocked on the door at least 4 times "want some toast?" "do you need any breakfast before you go?" "what time do you need to be there?" "you are taking a while"

I ended up yelling leave me alone, got it done and then stored it in my pocket, walking back through the house I dropped the container, thankfully it didn't spill, I quickly picked it up without her noticing and had it there within 15 minutes.

The lesson here? Use the booth
Went through that too, albeit 35 years ago. Making love to a Vegemite jar and then getting the ziggets to the lab on time was always a challenge.

I love organisations like these, not long ago at training we had the tackle your feelings guys down for a presentation.

You might think you learn little but even just learning one thing is the step in the right direction.

Another organisation I like is Speak & Share Speak & Share | Mental Health Organisation who are all about having those tough conversations.

You know at training I noticed on Wednesday when I started to get really angry in match sim my mate just started to talk to me which just took the anger and stress away from the game. If you can notice a little change don’t be afraid to say something.

Is it ok to say that I’m sad about missing the enjoyment of a sport that means so much to me? I’ve said this before - I know there are more important things in life - but for me footy is a huge outlet for when I feel anxious or sad, and I feel like that’s been taken away from me over the last few years. Instead of being fun, it’s just been stressful for a long time. I hope we improve soon because I feel sad not being able to really enjoy a part of my life that I love.

Is it ok to say that I’m sad about missing the enjoyment of a sport that means so much to me? I’ve said this before - I know there are more important things in life - but for me footy is a huge outlet for when I feel anxious or sad, and I feel like that’s been taken away from me over the last few years. Instead of being fun, it’s just been stressful for a long time. I hope we improve soon because I feel sad not being able to really enjoy a part of my life that I love.

Hey Cool, not on your Pat Malone mate. Do you attend with anyone ? We used to be a big group of 7, but with life changes ( births, marriages, deaths ( sadly )) there's just 2 of us now.

We start optimistically at the first bounce and it just peter's out from there. We end up just discussing about life, the universe and everything before deciding 1/2 through the last q.shall we get the early train home.

Got to know the people around us alot better too !

It will turn one day mate, eventually, like most things in life. Little goals will get us forward. A win v Hawforn, Clarko returning, a good draft hand, * losing their elim.final, Port losing the g.f.to the pies by 125 points 👍

Lost another childhood friend this week, in the country area where I grew up.
These ‘models of care’ where financial incentives are given for remote sessions, and actually lead to a reduction in face to face and admission spots, are a ******* disgrace.
They don’t ‘complement’ the best possible care, they replace it with something that leads to more deaths and heartbreak.

Lost another childhood friend this week, in the country area where I grew up.
These ‘models of care’ where financial incentives are given for remote sessions, and actually lead to a reduction in face to face and admission spots, are a ******* disgrace.
They don’t ‘complement’ the best possible care, they replace it with something that leads to more deaths and heartbreak.
Sorry to hear Lomas. Stay strong mate 🥰

Hopefully everyone is doing well. These past few years for me haven’t been ideal, it’s been a long journey trying to heal myself from the trauma that I’ve gone through.

From being constantly anxious and feeling that I aren’t improving to spending the best week of my life with my boyfriend.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay safe 🫶

Hopefully everyone is doing well. These past few years for me haven’t been ideal, it’s been a long journey trying to heal myself from the trauma that I’ve gone through.

From being constantly anxious and feeling that I aren’t improving to spending the best week of my life with my boyfriend.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay safe 🫶
Keep up the great work!
You'll have bad days and good days.
If you keep the mindset of improving then you'll be ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay safe 🫶

Once you're on the right path Liggers ie: study, job, you'll be in the right place ❤

I posted a long ass while back that myself and me partner were going through IVF and just how hard it was hitting me because of the total lack of control i had in that situation and toll it was taking on my partner.

Well, we had our 2nd transfer a while back now, and the other week we did the 7ish week scan where they check for the heart beat.

And there it was. Pumpin away.

A huge wave of relief hit me like nothing i've ever experienced. Then the doc said from what she can see we're at that 95% chance of going through to term.

Now i know that there are still many more hills to climb, other factors can happen. But jesus christ am i happy about this.

I posted a long ass while back that myself and me partner were going through IVF and just how hard it was hitting me because of the total lack of control i had in that situation and toll it was taking on my partner.

Well, we had our 2nd transfer a while back now, and the other week we did the 7ish week scan where they check for the heart beat.

A huge wave of relief hit me like nothing i've ever experienced. Then the doc said from what she can see we're at that 95% chance of going through to term.

Now i know that there are still many more hills to climb, other factors can happen. But jesus christ am i happy about this.
Congratulations mate. You've just embarked on the craziest f***ing journey of your life. Enjoy the ride.

Great news. Enjoy the journey.

Congrats mate - pray everything continues well. Been there so understand the stress.

Congratulations mate. You've just embarked on the craziest f***ing journey of your life. Enjoy the ride.
i've not a hecken clue what i'm doin, and i'm told by those that have that "yea, that's about right"

That’s fantastic news mate. Fingers crossed for you all and I look forward to you joining us to have a whinge about the challenges of raising teens down the track! 💙

Huge brother!

Absolutely incredible news mate! Congrats to you and yours.

Fantastic news mate, congrats, hope all continues to go well

Only advice I ever give anyone now is this - sleep now while you can, every opportunity to sleep in, to take a nap, to relax - do it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back