Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to go to court last week because my nut job ex mrs put me in to the cops for msging her contravening the bullshit order she had put it place… never touch her never threatened her

Anyways she started msging me saying she knows I’d never hurt her she’s rescinding the Order…. Which was all bullshit

Anyway we started talking Again im just hoping to resolve it to a decent point… which I thought we achieved

Next day call from the police for me to appear arrested charged and interviewed for msging her saying I hope she’s doing ok

Had to appear in court magistrate was pretty fair could see I wasn’t a threat and was employed etc etc.

Im expecting another apology from her in the next couple weeks once she realises she’s been a real campaigner
1. Don't message at all.
2. Don't message at all
3..... Don't message at all

Won’t be

Was just hoping to have it all sorted out like adults initially

Shes’ll come to the realisation that she’s ****ed up though

From the stories I've heard, situations like yours they never make amends
It takes 10 years before the bloke (I assume you're a bloke) realises and cuts contact

It usually involves th males cutting ties with his kids and hoping they learn the truth when they're older

From the stories I've heard, situations like yours they never make amends
It takes 10 years before the bloke (I assume you're a bloke) realises and cuts contact

It usually involves th males cutting ties with his kids and hoping they learn the truth when they're older
No kids involved thankfully

She’s had sad previous pretty bad trauma from a previous relationship

Which I’m wearing the brunt of

I’ve deleted her from everything now

Been a long time since I posted on here.

Just had a biopsy and feeling concerned about myself as this dark cloud surrounds me while I wait for results.

Hope just benign not cancerous.

Hard to stay positive

Just had a biopsy and feeling concerned about myself as this dark cloud surrounds me while I wait for results.

Hard to stay positive
Hope it turns out ok 🙁

Same

I've a young family who need me and I need them. I'm trying to stay positive
Hey mate, hope you've got good mates to talk to about it all, it helps. Life can be pretty crappy sometimes, but hopefully you get some better news soon

Been thinking about making a will

Get all my affairs in order

Make sure the 110 grand I have saved goes where I want it to go to help those who need it

And I want to Look after the people that have been there for me

Just something small I can do that will help them in life

Make sure the 110 grand I have saved goes where I want it to go to help those who need it

It's something you MUST do. Otherwise the nearest relative, as determined by the State, will get everything.

A friend of ours, a bachelor, died unexpectedly in his early 60s. He hadn't made a will. He had a couple of good friends (among a wider circle) but no close relatives. As he died intestate (without a will), the State searched for relatives, located a distant cousin whom our friend hadn't been in contact with for 40+ years. They got the lot - his superannuation and his bank account containing the proceeds from the sale of his parents' house. His friends would almost certainly have been beneficiaries in any will he should have made. The same intent you have for your friends.

Do it. It doesn't take long, any solicitor's office will draw one up for you. Then it's done.

Just make sure you tell someone where it's lodged.

Hard to stay positive

I’m a little late, how did the results go, hopefully all good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

making a will, and looking at life insurance myself just recently, although I do have a lot of other things going on at the moment, so is being on the back burner. my sister and myself were going through with my mothers wishes tonight, as she is currently in palliative care and will die by the end of this month. she has a book called the Bottom Drawer Book” where you can layout and specify your funeral arrangements, such as burial or cremation, who you want as pall bearers, church, chapel service ect. passwords, combinations and other things to help yourself, family members, friends ect for when you pass on. So it really is a useful book as it allows you to write down that information.

Been a while since I have posted in here. This is a great thread, because you can see other people’s problems, and you can be supportive, because you’re either going through something similar, or have been through something similar. It’s also great, because if you feel like venting and saying the things that you can’t say to your friends or family and releasing the pent up emotions by expressing them, where you know your not going to be judged for it. So I do appreciate this thread because it does help.

I don’t come here often these days due to strenuous workloads and family stress. I just don’t have the mental strength to help others here as often as I used to. However, I just want to share a few things reading on some prior posts:
- mental health is common, you aren’t weak when you suffer, but your life circumstances is what’s weighing you down. It being an invisible force, you can’t easily combat it nor tell others of the “invisible monster” hurting your brain.

- some of the mental health you suffer may be self-inflicted; try and evaluate the thoughts that are wearing you down and work on reducing those thoughts.

- don’t rely on medications to “fix” you. Use them as a tool to help, not to cure.

- reduce your expectations of life and life will become easier.

Wish you guys all the best!

I remember you from a couple of years ago. Yourself mxett and Ando747 were/are great pioneers of this thread. Along with many others your philosophpies, theories, beliefs and experiences were a real help, along with non judgemental empathy. It’s a real gift that you all have.

I’m here tonight, because I’m going through an emotional time. My mother is currently dying, at the moment she is still lucid, but very unwell. I will go back a little bit in time to try and paint the picture. About 8 years ago my mother was diagnosed with having aspergillosis in her lung. Which is a fungus, that lives in dust. We all breathe in these spores, but we also exhale them back out mostly. Due to a bad case of pneumonia previously, it caused a cavity in that lung, which enabled the aspergillosis to grow and start affecting her health. So she had to have surgery to remove 2/3 of her lung.

at the time she was living with me, i was working permanent night shift. It was a struggle because she was unable to drive, I would have to finish work at 6am, drive home, have a shower, jump back into the car and drive 4 hours for her doctors appointments, then drive the four hours back. Which doesn’t help mental health all that much, because physically, mentally and emotionally it’s exhausting. That routine went on for a good 4 to 5 months. In the meantime, because the doctors couldn’t get all of the aspergillosis through surgery, she was put on medication to help with it killing/spreading further. As horrible as this sounds, I did start to feel that she was a burden.

fast forward 2 years later my mothers health had improved, she moved to Tasmania and moved in with my sister who had a unit at her property. She started to develop a bad cough, where a trip to the doctors revealed the return of the aspergillosis, so she was given more medication to help prevent it. Once again her health seemed to improve. Then 2020 hit and Covid. Because of the fear surrounding Covid, she would get a cold, rather than go to the doctors, she would self medicate because of her fear of contacting Covid. So naturally her health start’s deteriorating. She starts having falls, rapid weight loss and constantly sick. To the point that last year she was hospitalised for 6 weeks and needed intravenous antibiotics. At Christmas time when she was getting her antibiotics changed at the hospital she got Covid.

After recovering from Covid she seemed to be in good health again. In April her brother(my uncle) died after a battle of bowel cancer. Where her health took a real downward turn. She was once again hospitalised, due to her health, it was then we found out that the aspergillosis medication along with the Panadene Forte she was also taking for pain relief was affecting her liver. So they put her onto new medication and took her off the panadene Forte. About a month later, she was released from hospital and was allowed to go back home with more intravenous antibiotics. During that time, she no longer has the energy to walk 100 meters from her unit to my sisters for tea, so my sister starts taking her meals down to her. Unbeknownst to my sister my mother is now having difficulty swallowing, so most of the meals are being thrown into the bin. Last month my sister gets a call from Home Care, saying that mum had cancelled her appointment, and she thinks that my sister should do a welfare check. My sister that works in aged care in admin, takes a RN with her, upon inspection, they manage to get my mother in the back of her car and drive her to the local infirmary. She is then sent back to Hobart via ambulance.

The following Friday after the ambulance ride, my sister phones me to say that mum is asking for me, and the hospital staff don’t know whats wrong with her. so we make plans for me to fly down the following weekend. The following night, my sister calls me again, to get down to Hobart, as it is highly unlikely that she will make the weekend. So I fly down the following day, rang work I wouldn’t be in that week. July in Hobart is bloody freezing the cold is ridiculous. The night my sister called, the hospital staff had to work on my mother for over 4 hours in bringing her back. When I saw her she was weighing less than 47kg, she was ghostly white, and needing a high level of oxygen. Earlier that day, doctors had come in and had a meeting with both my sister and mother, my mother agreed to signing a no resuscitation form. As the doctors explained that because of her weight and her condition it is unlikely that they could save her without doing permanent damage. She was put onto a new medication, because it was the only one they haven’t tried. If that failed there was nothing else they could do. My sister and I sat up talking that night, subconsciously waiting for that phone call.

when we went in the following morning, she had a bit more colour to her face, as the day progressed she seemed to have gotten better. The following day, was more improvement. The same the next day. So I booked airfares back to Brisbane, where I was able to enjoy not wearing 20 layers of clothing.

The following week, I would ring see how she was going, everything seemed fine. Then the previous Monday I received a phone call to say that she had deteriorated further. Last Tuesday my sister and her doctors had a meeting with her explaining that there is nothing more they can do for her. So was moved into palliative care last week. I’ve been down here since Sunday. It’s awful as she has her up times and her down times, but it’s all about trying to make her as comfortable as possible.

my work has not been real supportive, after my first trip down, where the doctors wrote out a medical certificate for both my sister and myself, my manager told me that I had to take annual leave, and if she had died i would only be entitled to two days bereavement leave. So when I do go back, I will start looking for another job.

I remember you from a couple of years ago. Yourself mxett and Ando747 were/are great pioneers of this thread. Along with many others your philosophpies, theories, beliefs and experiences were a real help, along with non judgemental empathy. It’s a real gift that you all have.
Thanks mate! I remember you also, although I don’t remember much of the details of the past. I find that most who are regular contributors on here are often genuine great people, whether if it’s asking for support or giving out the support.

Myself, I’ve suffered from several episodes of depression when younger and I also happen to work partly in the field of mental health, so I’m in a position to go deep with the philosophies associated with mental illnesses.

Thanks for the personal acknowledgment. I wish you all the best with your current situation. It’s never an experience you wish on anyone, but the cycle of life and death is one we all go through eventually with our loved ones. Your mum seems to have suffered greatly over the years, hope her and the family find peace during this final journey of hers.

Thanks mate! I remember you also, although I don’t remember much of the details of the past. I find that most who are regular contributors on here are often genuine great people, whether if it’s asking for support or giving out the support.

Myself, I’ve suffered from several episodes of depression when younger and I also happen to work partly in the field of mental health, so I’m in a position to go deep with the philosophies associated with mental illnesses.

Thanks for the personal acknowledgment. I wish you all the best with your current situation. It’s never an experience you wish on anyone, but the cycle of life and death is one we all go through eventually with our loved ones. Your mum seems to have suffered greatly over the years, hope her and the family find peace during this final journey of hers.

Thank you. It means alot

I’m here tonight, because I’m going through an emotional time. My mother is currently dying, at the moment she is still lucid, but very unwell. I will go back a little bit in time to try and paint the picture. About 8 years ago my mother was diagnosed with having aspergillosis in her lung. Which is a fungus, that lives in dust. We all breathe in these spores, but we also exhale them back out mostly. Due to a bad case of pneumonia previously, it caused a cavity in that lung, which enabled the aspergillosis to grow and start affecting her health. So she had to have surgery to remove 2/3 of her lung.

at the time she was living with me, i was working permanent night shift. It was a struggle because she was unable to drive, I would have to finish work at 6am, drive home, have a shower, jump back into the car and drive 4 hours for her doctors appointments, then drive the four hours back. Which doesn’t help mental health all that much, because physically, mentally and emotionally it’s exhausting. That routine went on for a good 4 to 5 months. In the meantime, because the doctors couldn’t get all of the aspergillosis through surgery, she was put on medication to help with it killing/spreading further. As horrible as this sounds, I did start to feel that she was a burden.

fast forward 2 years later my mothers health had improved, she moved to Tasmania and moved in with my sister who had a unit at her property. She started to develop a bad cough, where a trip to the doctors revealed the return of the aspergillosis, so she was given more medication to help prevent it. Once again her health seemed to improve. Then 2020 hit and Covid. Because of the fear surrounding Covid, she would get a cold, rather than go to the doctors, she would self medicate because of her fear of contacting Covid. So naturally her health start’s deteriorating. She starts having falls, rapid weight loss and constantly sick. To the point that last year she was hospitalised for 6 weeks and needed intravenous antibiotics. At Christmas time when she was getting her antibiotics changed at the hospital she got Covid.

After recovering from Covid she seemed to be in good health again. In April her brother(my uncle) died after a battle of bowel cancer. Where her health took a real downward turn. She was once again hospitalised, due to her health, it was then we found out that the aspergillosis medication along with the Panadene Forte she was also taking for pain relief was affecting her liver. So they put her onto new medication and took her off the panadene Forte. About a month later, she was released from hospital and was allowed to go back home with more intravenous antibiotics. During that time, she no longer has the energy to walk 100 meters from her unit to my sisters for tea, so my sister starts taking her meals down to her. Unbeknownst to my sister my mother is now having difficulty swallowing, so most of the meals are being thrown into the bin. Last month my sister gets a call from Home Care, saying that mum had cancelled her appointment, and she thinks that my sister should do a welfare check. My sister that works in aged care in admin, takes a RN with her, upon inspection, they manage to get my mother in the back of her car and drive her to the local infirmary. She is then sent back to Hobart via ambulance.

The following Friday after the ambulance ride, my sister phones me to say that mum is asking for me, and the hospital staff don’t know whats wrong with her. so we make plans for me to fly down the following weekend. The following night, my sister calls me again, to get down to Hobart, as it is highly unlikely that she will make the weekend. So I fly down the following day, rang work I wouldn’t be in that week. July in Hobart is bloody freezing the cold is ridiculous. The night my sister called, the hospital staff had to work on my mother for over 4 hours in bringing her back. When I saw her she was weighing less than 47kg, she was ghostly white, and needing a high level of oxygen. Earlier that day, doctors had come in and had a meeting with both my sister and mother, my mother agreed to signing a no resuscitation form. As the doctors explained that because of her weight and her condition it is unlikely that they could save her without doing permanent damage. She was put onto a new medication, because it was the only one they haven’t tried. If that failed there was nothing else they could do. My sister and I sat up talking that night, subconsciously waiting for that phone call.

when we went in the following morning, she had a bit more colour to her face, as the day progressed she seemed to have gotten better. The following day, was more improvement. The same the next day. So I booked airfares back to Brisbane, where I was able to enjoy not wearing 20 layers of clothing.

The following week, I would ring see how she was going, everything seemed fine. Then the previous Monday I received a phone call to say that she had deteriorated further. Last Tuesday my sister and her doctors had a meeting with her explaining that there is nothing more they can do for her. So was moved into palliative care last week. I’ve been down here since Sunday. It’s awful as she has her up times and her down times, but it’s all about trying to make her as comfortable as possible.

my work has not been real supportive, after my first trip down, where the doctors wrote out a medical certificate for both my sister and myself, my manager told me that I had to take annual leave, and if she had died i would only be entitled to two days bereavement leave. So when I do go back, I will start looking for another job.
I feel for you, sorry about your mum. Just as we get past our youth, and raising our kids, suddenly our elderly parents need us. I have been through similar with my mother and in-laws. I guess soon (not too soon I hope! 🙁) we will be needing our kids, or other carers, to look after us.

That’s rather unfeeling of your boss. Wait till he/she finds themselves in the same position.

Good luck.

I feel for you, sorry about your mum. Just as we get past our youth, and raising our kids, suddenly our elderly parents need us. I have been through similar with my mother and in-laws. I guess soon (not too soon I hope! 🙁) we will be needing our kids, or other carers, to look after us.

That’s rather unfeeling of your boss. Wait till he/she finds themselves in the same position.

Good luck.

Thank you, it is a bit hard, as the waiting game can be hard. Fortunately we are able to help sort out her affairs, while we can and give on giving her support

making a will, and looking at life insurance myself just recently, although I do have a lot of other things going on at the moment, so is being on the back burner. my sister and myself were going through with my mothers wishes tonight, as she is currently in palliative care and will die by the end of this month. she has a book called the Bottom Drawer Book” where you can layout and specify your funeral arrangements, such as burial or cremation, who you want as pall bearers, church, chapel service ect. passwords, combinations and other things to help yourself, family members, friends ect for when you pass on. So it really is a useful book as it allows you to write down that information.

Can that information be included in your will, or does it need to be separate?

Can that information be included in your will, or does it need to be separate?
Your will is a legal document. The things mentioned above are personal preferences but not enforceable, if, say, any of them are unable to be fulfilled. For example, changes might have to be made due to circumstances. Your will is for the distribution of your assets, ie money in banks, investments, superannuation, and property.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back