Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Is our O-Line stupid? Unable to read a blitz... so many defenders this season through the line untouched.
Run D is awful
Some of that is on Russ making pre-snap reads and adjustments. Some on the line too, no doubt about that - a good centre should also be making some line adjustments.

Not sure it's Russ' strength tbf as his play in Seattle was escape pressure and do something on the fly, not identify and set up protection to have a sound pocket.

Another wasted season... Watch as we trade away players now that the season is pretty much done.
Von and Chubb over the past couple of seasons, and now this year teams have come calling for Jeudy, Sutton and PS2

Tbh I'm not sure I rate JJ or Sutton that high so if we get good value for them then trade away.

Would keep PS2 for sure though unless we get massive overs for him.

I don't really buy Wilson's offensive success. Idk to me it seems he's good when it's scripted and it goes to plan, but as soon as it's live play calling and off script he's lost. I also get the feeling they're calling safe plays for him as opposed to opening things up like Payton normally would. Like he's game managing the offense instead of cutting loose. Which would be fine if we had last yrs defence, but...

The D is just woeful. No other word for it really. Just get rid of Joseph already everyone saw this coming a mile away. In fact it's probably worse than most thought

Last edited:
First time in a long time the Broncos as an organisation seems to have no heart..... no pride in the Broncos themselves.

When it was under Mr B.. and even the family to a lesser extent there was a sense of the Broncos being "a team"

Now I just see players and a lack of team "heart"

Not saying players aren't trying, or doing their best... but the extra 5% that the pride of organisation could bring seems lacking and in the NFL thats a gulf....

Sutton walking in plays is case in point. He's under the DT learning style... and DT would never have done that.

The "heart" seems gone. And Im not sure how it comes back.

The ownership cant buy it....

Jaleel McGlaughin has it but we need more.

Just my 2c.

First time in a long time the Broncos as an organisation seems to have no heart..... no pride in the Broncos themselves.

When it was under Mr B.. and even the family to a lesser extent there was a sense of the Broncos being "a team"

Not saying players aren't trying, or doing their best... but the extra 5% that the pride of organisation could bring seems lacking and in the NFL thats a gulf....

Sutton walking in plays is case in point. He's under the DT learning style... and DT would never have done that.

Just my 2c.
Good point I get what you mean and I think you're right.

It's like Denver has lost its identity, its soul. Actually it's probably been fading since Mr B stepped away but the bottom has really fallen out now.
The last great thing he did was get Peyton here, and maybe that was more John but it was before Mr B stepped back

Likely though we're in a holding pattern until we can get out from Wilson's contract... the lack of heart and connection could be from the fact the team hates their QB (if the media is to be believed).

New owners can't fix anything until his cap hit doesn't cripple the team, they inhereted this mess without a solution for 2 or 3 yrs...

SB50 seems such a long time ago for both teams.

What a shitshow from both of us since :(

NFL Network’s James Palmer reports “changes could be coming” after the Broncos lost to the Jets in Week 5.
“The sense I get is a potential tear down is coming,” according to Palmer, starting with Thursday night’s matchup with the Chiefs. The Broncos sent DE Randy Gregory to the 49ers last week and are rumored to be shopping EDGE Frank Clark and WRs Courtland Sutton/Jerry Jeudy ahead of the trade deadline. Denver (1-4) faces Kansas City in two of the next three weeks, giving little hope of turning around the season. A Week 6 shakeup could lead to more touches for rookies Jaleel McLaughlin and Marvin Mims, who lead the team in yards on 20% snap shares.

Just my 2c.
Spot on Daz... there's ZERO leadership on the field. I don't see anyone putting their hand up and saying "follow me".
SB50 era we had Manning and DT on offense leading the way, and the explosiveness of Von coupled with the cool head of Ware on D, even McManus on special teams led the way.
I just don't see anything resembling a "team" at the moment.

Trade JJ would be my first trade. The guy talks like a multiple time all-pro but he's a flakey small WR with drop issues. Get rid for anyone who'll take him

Sutton has been a good leader in the past, but since Wilson has arrived he's really dropped his head... also not entirely sure he ever quite bounced back from the knee injury. Not sure he'd have much value, at least JJ has age on his side.

Maybe Simmons? Hes 29 and might be worth something. Id hate to lose him but for a rebuild... it might be a necessary move

Do not trade PS2 though, he's a long term star made of the right stuff off field

don't really buy Wilson's offensive success. Idk to me it seems he's good when it's scripted and it goes to plan, but as soon as it's live play calling and off script he's lost.
This first half has been exactly this.

Looked good on the scripted first drive, since then it barely looks like throwing the ball beyond the LOS

Gotta say I thought the D played much better today... Mahomes/Kelce combo is freaking awesome, they're always gonna make a crap ton of plays, but for the most part the D bent a little, but didn't break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say I thought the D played much better today... Mahomes/Kelce combo is freaking awesome, they're always gonna make a crap ton of plays, but for the most part the D bent a little, but didn't break.
It did, but part of me wonders how serious the Chiefs/Andy Reid actually took it. They called a fair few hot dog plays, we covered them easily but the fact they called so many told me they were taking the piss to a degree.

The game was never really in any jeopardy for the Chiefs so even though they didn't score many, it was obvious we weren't going to either.

We can't but didn't break which is a positive sign, but how seriously did the Chiefs really take that game offensively?

We just need to clean out and get rid of the stench. Too many talented guys who don’t know how to come together and win. It’s sad but guys like Sutton and Simmons will never be part of a successful team here and that needs to be accepted
Whoever gets Simmons is getting a player. Would be Sad to lose him but he's a player of value especially to a good team.

Which QB do we want in the draft
Williams or Maye.

I'm not as in awe if Williams as everyone else seems to be. Feels like he's being hyped way too much and when that happens I always get a bit sceptical.

Still would take him 1st, just not as slam dunk in him being Mahomes 2.0 as is being suggested.

Would be ok with Maye if we don't land the no.1 pick.

I'd also be ok with taking that LT tbf...

Williams or Maye.

I'm not as in awe if Williams as everyone else seems to be. Feels like he's being hyped way too much and when that happens I always get a bit sceptical.

Still would take him 1st, just not as slam dunk in him being Mahomes 2.0 as is being suggested.

Would be ok with Maye if we don't land the no.1 pick.

I'd also be ok with taking that LT tbf...
Thoughts on Penix?

Having said that Tua doesn't have a big arm or athleticism, who he's been compared to, so it doesn't mean he'll bust, but the issue is we don't exactly have the insane receiving options to lift up his limitations like Miami do.

The more I'm hearing from Williams the less I'm liking.

Williams the player absolutely I'd like, but he seems to be very selfish and very money orientated. I could see him being a bit of a diva and a headache early in his career, not sure he's one you want to build a franchise around tbh

Finally got suspended been fined 4 times for hits this season before this one

Great win. The D was back, and Russ played efficiently behind a solid run game. Run stats don't look as good as they actually were because of a few stuffs on the last drive, but around 4ypc when the game mattered meant Russ didn't have to press.

Which is lucky because our oline still looked shakey in pass protection, but credit to Russ for not putting the ball in harms way and just taking what he could.

This is the kind of game style I was expecting at the start of the year - the D to carry over from last yr and the offense to be better to the point where it doesn't lose the game like it did last yr. I still don't like Joseph as DC but you have to credit him on the 2 Chiefs games. I thought the Chiefs were basically in 2nd gear all game last time playing some hot dog offense and just in cruise control, but maybe the D actually put them in those situations more than I gave them credit for at the time.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back