Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pick 11-14

• Pick 15-18

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What? Got a link?
This is an admission the Tigers are not going to be in contention for a while. That hopefully helps with retaining Himmelberg.
As an aside, I went to yesterday's game, but missed first 20 minutes.
Does anybody think we win if Himmelberg wasn't concussed? Was he playing back? I couldn't tell. I think we need him to do kick ins. He just seems a far better kick than Whitfield at the moment .

Last edited:
Yuuuuge result. Hope you guys get pick 1 off them. Can’t stand Dimma or the Tigers. You guys have made out like bandits in the trade. Hopper and TT bog average footy players.

This is an admission the Tigers are not going to be in contention for a while. That hopefully helps with retaining Himmelberg.
Does anybody think we win if Himmelberg wasn't concussed? Was he playing back? I couldn't tell. I think we need him to do kick ins. He just seems a far better kick than Whitfield at the moment .
Jacob and Tim probably feel like they've been taken for a ride now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacob and Tim probably feel like they've been taken for a ride now.
I guess it might be a bit different if Lynch wasn't injured. But maybe they where blinded by the hype Richmond , somehow just how old most of their premiership players are was ignored.
But it also reflects that Hopper,Taranto aren't quite as good as they would like to be ( or as good as Josh Kelly, Tom Green).

Yeah he was playing back. Most definitely think we would have been in with a chance with either him or Haynes on the field for the full game

I guess it might be a bit different if Lynch wasn't injured. But maybe they where blinded by the hype Richmond , somehow just how old most of their premiership players are was ignored.
But it also reflects that Hopper,Taranto aren't quite as good as they would like to be ( or as good as Josh Kelly, Tom Green).
I think they were blinded by seven year deals, and I can't blame them given both of their injury histories at different points.

Yeah he was playing back. Most definitely think we would have been in with a chance with either him or Haynes on the field for the full game

Absolutely down back. Riccardi in took his forward/ruck spot, Harry moved back for Brown.

I think they were blinded by seven year deals, and I can't blame them given both of their injury histories at different points.
Playing in melb in a big club with crowds like that has to be appealing

If I was playing that’s what I would want too

From today’s News Corp newspapers there was an article entitled:

“Richmond’s list presents the opportunity for a new coach to compete with the best straight away”

The article states:

“Regularly when there’s a change at the top, the list is either in full rebuild mode and needs serious work such as Hawthorn and North Melbourne, or there are towering expectations to break a drought like when Michael Voss stepped into the Carlton hot seat. But at Punt Rd, there is fertile middle ground.And the new coach won’t see holes everywhere on the list; they’ll see stars. Especially in the midfield.

Whoever takes over the keys from Damien Hardwick will be handed an engine room containing five borderline A-Graders which helps make this job vacancy one of the most appealing gigs to pop up over the past decade. There are no training wheels or L-plates on a midfield unit led by Shai Bolton, Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper and versatile pair Liam Baker and Jayden Short.”

Then with further reference to GWS it continues: “But expect the Tigers to remain proactive in the exchange period as they circle GWS Giants’ swingman Harry Himmelberg after losing Mabior Chol (Gold Coast) and Callum Coleman-Jones (North Melbourne) in recent years and most likely Jack Riewoldt (retirement) at season’s end.”

A second article also hinted at more GWS connections with the headline of: “Damien Hardwick quits: Who’s in the mix to be Richmond’s next coach? Leon Cameron interest”.

This article states:

“Former Richmond star and grand final coach Leon Cameron says his coaching itch “comes and goes” and is “probably a little bit” bigger than when he walked away from the Giants 12 months ago. On Tuesday night Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale clarified his comment that the club would hunt “the next Damien Hardwick” was not an indication the Tigers would prefer an untried AFL coach ... That opens the door for the Tigers to consider experienced coaches in the ilk of Don Pyke, Justin Leppitsch, Cameron or a current AFL coach as well as the game’s most highly-rated assistants.

Cameron played 84 brilliant games for the Tigers from 2000-03 and led the club’s Brownlow Medal tally with 11 votes during their charge to the 2001 preliminary final. The Giants won finals under Cameron in five out of six seasons from 2016-2021 to underline his coaching credentials. “It’s a hard one to answer. It comes and goes, it absolutely comes and goes,” Cameron told SEN of his AFL coaching itch.

“(There’s) two parts of that. It’s having the confidence, yep, you want to go and do it. Can you think you can do it? And then you’ve got to be able to be in a position to do it. “The job is so rewarding – going to a footy club and being involved, bringing something through from start to finish and seeing young kids chase their dream. “All the great things about it is the reason why we chase it and why we love it. “But equally, it’s so demanding it can wear you down so much, which was what we’ve said with Dimma yesterday.“Most coaches get worn down and that’s the really hard part about it, and clearly the public scrutiny is full-on. That’s just relentless. “Is it (the coaching itch) getting bigger with me at 12 months on? It probably is a little bit. “But I can’t tell you when that date is when you go, yep, I’m ready to launch back in.”

Next week's game is huge for the DEATHRIDING.
We want to put as much distance between the tigers and the pack as possible. Also give Hawthorne a chance to get them 😅
Also to convince Himmelberg to not go there.
Does anybody think he might stay at GWS?
Even if only for 2 years? I guess he wants a longer contract wherever he goes.
What is the most we could pay him ( we can only guess what the club is thinking of course).

I don't know where to ask this question but as a Richmond supporter There is talk of Harry Himmelburg at Richmond as a key forward, next year.
I seem to recall Harry being as a key forward, 1 of 3 until last year under the caretaker coach. Where he played back and back up ruck
Is that correct? Is he better as a forward? Has Riccardi and others replaced him?

Last edited:
Back