Multiplat Dead Space Remake

Remove this Banner Ad

The sci-fi survival horror classic Dead Space returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up by Motive Studios to offer a deeper and more immersive experience. Harnessing the power of the Frostbite game engine and next generation consoles, this remake brings jaw-dropping visual fidelity and improvements to gameplay while staying true to the original. Dead Space will be available on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Isaac Clarke is an everyman engineer on a mission to repair a vast, sprawling starship, the USG Ishimura, only to discover something has gone horribly wrong. The ship's crew has been slaughtered and infected by some alien scourge...and Isaac’s beloved partner, Nicole, is lost somewhere on board.

Now Isaac is alone with only his tools and engineering skills as he attempts to uncover the nightmarish mystery of what happened aboard the Ishimura. Trapped with hostile creatures called “necromorphs”, Isaac faces a battle for survival, not only against the escalating terrors of the ship, but his own crumbling sanity.

Looks like next-gen only!

Is Glen working on both? Lol

If that's real time then dude

Poor Calisto

I love Dead Space but hard to give a shit about this when it's just a remaster and with Callisto Protocol on the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they waited a bit longer they could have had a movie tie-in!

Oct 13, 2022

In a recent interview, horror legend John Carpenter has once again stated that he would love to make a film adaptation of Dead Space, the horror title from Visceral Games and EA. Carpenter is a huge fan of the Dead Space franchise and had expressed his interest in adapting the game into a film as far back as 2013.

John Carpenter rose to prominence in 1978 with the release of his independent horror film Halloween, which he directed, scored, and co-wrote with Debra Hill. Since then, he has been the mind behind such cult phenomena as They Live, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, and the paranoid body horror film The Thing.

Carpenter is also a video game fanatic, having worked as a story consultant on 2011’s F.E.A.R. 3 and voicing the game's narrator, composing the music for 1998's Sentinel Returns, and being included in a cameo capacity in the 2002 The Thing prequel game...

Going to be absolutely brilliant. Love the Dead Space series and everything I've seen about the remaster so far has me pretty hyped. Apparently the Ishimura is going to be a lot more open to traverse rather than the chapter to chapter progression in the original, upgrading the zero gravity to free roam like in 2 and 3, kept the same atmospheric hell whilst upgrading graphically etc... lots more to like about it as well. One minor thing might be that the weapons didn't sound meaty enough when firing.

I know should follow the "no pre-order" rule of thumb given how AAA games can be a bit underwhelming upon release, but I'm far too tempted to pre-order based on what I've seen so far.

Really enjoying this (up to Chapter 3 atm); I only replayed the original a couple of months ago, so it's still reasonably fresh. It feels like they haven't just added content, but have streamlined what was already there, as it seems to be moving quicker than the original, even given that you can backtrack now.

And the atmosphere...absolutely nailed it.

This remake is absolutely exceptional.

I had forgotten just how good the sound design is. Every creak and groan of the ship, every door opening, every object you interact with, every comms call coming through...all just subtly sound like they could be an approaching necromorph popping out of a vent somewhere nearby.

The level design is incredible too. Letting us freely roam around all explored sections of the ship to go back and get collectables and secrets is brilliant. Much prefer this sort of design, instead of constantly being channeled forward.

Never played the original & have been umming & ahhing over paying $99 for this, looks great though from what I've seen.
Wouldn't be against advising to giving the original a bash to see what you think first. It holds up really well in my opinion. I'm sure you could get it quite cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back