Other Darts - World Champs, Premier League, Ranking Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. And took out Barny in the final. Just got around to watching it. How anyone, yes I am looking at you Phil Taylor:D, can say that a 105 average is a bit down has me flabbergasted. What a player!

watched every day of that tournament, I love watching the Premier League on Fox and various other streamed events.

It does sound very stupid a comment I know but surely Phil Taylor would have to be Pound - For - Pound the best sportsman going around today. His record and domination of darts is unbelievable.

2011 PDC World Darts Championship is underway. Only the round of 64 is played before Christmas.

History of the Championship: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Professional_Darts_Championship

2011 Championships: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

Simon Whitlock (#4) is through but is in the same half at Phil Taylor. James Wade and Barney are #2 and #3 respectively.

Code:
Second round   (best of  7) - Dec 27–29
Third round    (best of  7) - Dec 29–30
Quarter-finals (best of  9) - Jan  1
Semi-finals    (best of 11) - Jan  2
Final          (best of 13) - Jan  3

Highlight so far has been this opening 55 by Colin Lloyd:

[YOUTUBE]eQPGIMORL2I[/YOUTUBE]

God i love this shit !!!!
The walk-on girl with the button nose
YASHIMOOOOTOOOO
Der der der der derrrr der der der der derrrr der der der der derrrrrrrrrrrrrr OI OI OI
Sid
The costumes ( would flip if someone went as WORZEL GUMMIDGE )

Adrian Lewis @ 20/1.....hmmmmm

God i love this shit !!!!
The walk-on girl with the button nose
YASHIMOOOOTOOOO
Der der der der derrrr der der der der derrrr der der der der derrrrrrrrrrrrrr OI OI OI
Sid
The costumes ( would flip if someone went as WORZEL GUMMIDGE )

Adrian Lewis @ 20/1.....hmmmmm

The 2nd Round starts at midnight tonight on Fox Sports 1. Runs for 4 hours.

Then continues at 6am for another 4 hours on Fox Sports 3. Replay in the afternoon on Fox Sports 2.

There are 9 competitors left that are not English, however if results go the right (or wrong) way, the third round could have 16 Englishman.

Very unlikely as 2 of the top 4 seeds and 4 of the top 16 are not English.

Solid win by Webster. Paul Nicholson is an interesting player. Made a name for himself playing in Melbourne though originally from Newcastle. Has just represented us in the World Cup partnering Simon Whitlock to the semis. (how they lost that to Wales I will never know:eek:). Very good player and beat Taylor in a TV final early this year. When on is a threat but can lose his line. Hope he gets up because he would play Taylor in the next round and it would be a beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was painful to watch Paul this morning. Simply could not close out. Miss after miss. Should have won. The Power got through which a 102 dart average.

Tonight's sessions are:

DAY (local): Mark Walsh v Alan Tabern, Wayne Jones v Vincent van der Voort, (7) Terry Jenkins v Steve Brown

NIGHT (local): Wes Newton v Brendan Dolan, (4) Simon Whitlock v Denis Ovens, (2) James Wade v Mensur Suljovic

Stat: Walsh/Tabern and Wade/Suljovic all averaged over 90 in the first round.

Was painful to watch Paul this morning. Simply could not close out. Miss after miss. Should have won.

Yeah agree but even though it was not a classic it was a compelling game. Wright walking away with nerves was sporting drama.

Tonight's sessions are:

DAY (local): Mark Walsh v Alan Tabern, Wayne Jones v Vincent van der Voort, (7) Terry Jenkins v Steve Brown

NIGHT (local): Wes Newton v Brendan Dolan, (4) Simon Whitlock v Denis Ovens, (2) James Wade v Mensur Suljovic

Stat: Walsh/Tabern and Wade/Suljovic all averaged over 90 in the first round.

I expect Simon to be too good but Ovens on his day is very solid.

I really enjoyed the Lloyd Hylton match. I had not seen Hylton before. Very strange throwing style but effective.

Whitlock on fire here, 103 dart average so far, keeping up with the "big boys" and he won 4-0, and only lost 2 legs in the entire match.

We have to get behind the Wizard now, only chance we have of beating the poms.:):p

Yeah all in good fun. Notice that they never gave Simon a hard time because he is a very popular player in darts. Love watching him play. He has a classic throw and bangs in the big finishes.

How about Wadey losing. Really tension ridden game a bit like the Tabbern Walsh match. For such a player he is really down on form. I wonder if losing the Grand Slam has zapped a bit of confidence. He was 8-0 up in that final and lost 16-12.

Lurv the darts and Fox showing it live nowadays is heaven for this tragic:thumbsu:.

I am witnessing one of the greatest dart matches you would hope to see.

The previous match between Caven and whoever was a barry crocker but this is just simply awesome.

Anderson was averaging 112 for 4 sets and 2 legs. Was up 3-0 and 3-1 with a 2-0 leg lead. Priestly was averaging 100 and getting wiped. He turned it up in the 4th with an avg of 108 (anderson still average 110.7 and lost the set)

5th set Anderson was up 2-0 with 5 180s in 3 legs but choked with 41 to get. His average plumetted by 4 points for the match in the next 3 legs as Priestley picked up the pieces.

Its 3-2 with Priestley leading 1-0. Anderson choked 3 darts on 24 after priestley choked 2 darts on the same. Hahahah fantastic.

Edit: 2-1 Priestley

Hahhaa look at the amount of money on Anderson at 1.10 and below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1.01 £90,822
1.02 £124,775
1.03 £134,066
1.04 £121,664
1.05 £59,068

Omfg! This is stupid

Priestley misses d20
Anderson misses d16, d8,d8
Priestley misses d10, d10, d5
Anderson misses d4, d4, d2
Priestley misses d5, d2

WTF?

Anderson finishes it off, 2-2. Then wins the 3rd leg easily. Match over.

I was watching that and fell asleep at some point. Woke up a few hours later and Barney was playing.

I must say I'm really enjoying the Darts. Many would disagree, but I think it makes great tv :thumbsu:

I must say I'm really enjoying the Darts. Many would disagree, but I think it makes great tv :thumbsu:
I defy any sports fan to actually not enjoy Darts at it's highest level, which is what we are seeing here.

The Wizard is up again tonight, well tomorrow morning, this time against Vincent van Dor Voort, a match he simply should win.

Barnies also up tonight, but let's face it, most are waiting to see the Power take on Webster on New Year's day (English time), in what should be a cracking quarter final.

I'm hoping Whitlock can go all the way (got him at 20's a month ago too), but I wouldn't be shattered if Phil found his old form and fought back to win it all again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back