FTA-TV Daredevil

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe this. I'm officially done with Netflix. Had already cancelled before this news and now there's no way I'm getting it back.

Shocking decision. DD is a big enough bone to get people on to these platforms. Netflix needs it.

I wouldn't wanna get the Disney one out of objection to their increasing monopoly.

Sent from mTalk

Shocking decision. DD is a big enough bone to get people on to these platforms. Netflix needs it.

I wouldn't wanna get the Disney one out of objection to their increasing monopoly.

Sent from mTalk

I believe it's Disney's decision, not Netflix's. It's one of the industry's worst kept secrets that Disney are hoarding these franchises for its own platform.

Arent the ratings on Netflix kept secret?

Sure but I'd suspect a reason why a large number of subscribers joined Netflix was because of Daredevil and the Marvel Netflix franchise.

Maybe they really don't draw in as many people as we thought but I know I joined because of Daredevil (yes, I am aware of me just being one example of anecdotal evidence).

Would Disney do these with the level of violence we've become accustomed to?

Sent from mTalk

From what I read Disney are acquiring Hulu which they could, if they wanted, add the more gritty Marvel stuff on Hulu and keep the Disney service family friendly.

Sure but I'd suspect a reason why a large number of subscribers joined Netflix was because of Daredevil and the Marvel Netflix franchise.

Maybe they really don't draw in as many people as we thought but I know I joined because of Daredevil (yes, I am aware of me just being one example of anecdotal evidence).

Daredevil was a big part in me joining too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ratings are kept secret, however Google analytics show a significant decline in people searching for these shows and information about the characters online. I don't think there's any doubt that Iron Fist, Cage 2 and Defenders dropped a fair few viewers. With those three cancelled, there was less of a 'universe' appeal, which flows on to the other shows.

That all said, I wouldn't be surprised if Punisher gained some viewers and Daredevil remained strong. But this is more about Disney and Netflix drawing battle lines. I really want to see another season of Daredevil, but it's probably unlikely now.

Netflix is still kept under Marvel/Disney control. The have more freedom with violence and sexual content but language and nudity is still against the rules.

Netflix is still kept under Marvel/Disney control. The have more freedom with violence and sexual content but language and nudity is still against the rules.

I assume you mean the Marvel Netflix series because there are plenty of Netflix originals with language and nudity.

I assume you mean the Marvel Netflix series because there are plenty of Netflix originals with language and nudity.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

After a while Jessica Jones, it began to feel a bit sanitised. When you commit to something you gotta go all in. Wasn't a problem in Daredevil as there's no sex and I can believe the characters don't swear.

Sent from mTalk

It was interesting hearing that before Cage was cancelled, Netflix wanted to cut Cage down to 10 episodes and Disney refused.

This article basically says the decision is Netflix's rather than Disney's, though Disney probably don't mind. They are certainly not going to pick up a show, however, when its previous seasons are on a competitor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhu...s-cancelling-their-marvel-shows/#5937fd50196c

Cage needed it, although I'm halfway through season two and its better than one, but so far with way longer episodes than DD where it might just lose its steam.

Sent from mTalk

I quite liked Cage 2, but each episode was nearly an hour; it was too much. Daredevil found the perfect pace.

I looked at the running time and some are more, an hour and ten. Just way too much. DD dialled it back from 55 - 1hr in S2 to 45 - 50 in S3 and was better for it.

Sent from mTalk

Am I the only one who thinks Fisk looks like the dude from Plan 9 From Outer Space?

PlanNine_05.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back