Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrying on from last week with the work rate up the ground, and obviously jagged a couple of good goals early. Nice first half.

Carrying on from last week with the work rate up the ground, and obviously jagged a couple of good goals early. Nice first half.
Fell out of the game a bit in the second half, but overall it was comfortably his best game of the season. Good signs that he might be on the way back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going for marks out in front instead of on the chest was the biggest positive out of all of it, looked great. Hopefully got a lot of confidence from it to build on in the coming weeks.

Thought it was his best game in a long long time. He worked really hard and played in front. A lot less wrestling today and got separation. Also had 4 contested marks tonight (first 7 games he had 5 combined).

In truth his game tonight should be the standard game for him.

I thought he was going to rip the game apart early, but the genius Hinkley quickly took the 186cm Jones off of him.

You mean the year where he finished third in our goalkicking with a career best 34 goals?
Maybe I should have been clearer. His first 4 games, played from R1-6, fall into the "Good Fog" era. It's the games from R5-24 that I was referring to.

He kicked 13 of his 34 goals in the first 4 games, and only 19 in the remaining 17 games. During the latter period, he went at an average of just 1.1 goals per game, well down on the 2.75 goals per game he was averaging during the "Good Fog" period. His accuracy during that time was just 51%, down from 74% during the "Good Fog" period. That, for him, is a failure to impact the scoreboard.

Looked like Carey at times. What a great game.
He looked like Massie on Franklin in the first few minutes, when Hinkley was stupid enough to put Jones on him. Unlike Neil Craig, Hinkley woke up to his blunder, and moved Ratugolea onto him.

Ratugolea prevented him from having any further impact inside the F50, though he remained effective further up the ground. I call that a clear win to Ratugolea, even if Fogarty had a good game overall thanks to the initial match-up on Jones.

He looked like Massie on Franklin in the first few minutes, when Hinkley was stupid enough to put Jones on him. Unlike Neil Craig, Hinkley woke up to his blunder, and moved Ratugolea onto him.

Ratugolea prevented him from having any further impact inside the F50, though he remained effective further up the ground. I call that a clear win to Ratugolea, even if Fogarty had a good game overall thanks to the initial match-up on Jones.

No credit to Fog then, his opponent was bad, he wasn't good?

Ratugola and BZT had shockers, which is what played a big role in our victory. That combined with Dixon and Georgiadis having similar games at the other end of the field.

No need to agree on the above, what we can agree on I'm sure is that our hodge podge rookie list/international cast-off back 6 were incredible, especially comparing Port's backline, which they actively traded quite a lot for.

No credit to Fog then, his opponent was bad, he wasn't good?
I think it was his best game in a long while... but a lot of that is based on the first couple of minutes, when he had a huge mismatch on Jones. How would you judge the rest of his game, without those 2 opening goals? He was very good up the ground, but as effective as a fly screen door on a submarine inside the F50, once Ratugolea was moved onto him.
Ratugola and BZT had shockers, which is what played a big role in our victory. That combined with Dixon and Georgiadis having similar games at the other end of the field.
... and yet Ratugolea pantsed Fogarty. Preventing Fog from scoring is/was his main job, and he did it exceptionally well.
No need to agree on the above, what we can agree on I'm sure is that our hodge podge rookie list/international cast-off back 6 were incredible, especially comparing Port's backline, which they actively traded quite a lot for.
Absolutely. Our back line were outstanding!

I thought it was probably a strategy to push him up the ground when the switch was made in order to keep Ratugolea out of the 50 where he’s more effective at rolling off his man be the 3rd man up on marking contests. If Jones had stayed on him he probably would have stayed deeper to exploit that mismatch.

But I might be giving Nicks too much credit?

I think it was his best game in a long while... but a lot of that is based on the first couple of minutes, when he had a huge mismatch on Jones. How would you judge the rest of his game, without those 2 opening goals? He was very good up the ground, but as effective as a fly screen door on a submarine inside the F50, once Ratugolea was moved onto him.

... and yet Ratugolea pantsed Fogarty. Preventing Fog from scoring is/was his main job, and he did it exceptionally well.

Absolutely. Our back line were outstanding!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

"ChatGPT write me a post from someone who understands nothing about football"

I thought it was probably a strategy to push him up the ground when the switch was made in order to keep Ratugolea out of the 50 where he’s more effective at rolling off his man be the 3rd man up on marking contests. If Jones had stayed on him he probably would have stayed deeper to exploit that mismatch.

But I might be giving Nicks too much credit?

Yes.

The guy that could keep with him him if he played up the ground couldnt handle him in the 50, and the guy who was bigger got taken up the ground and beaten.

This is exactly what you want from a guy like Fog.

Back