Daniel Motlop puts teammates on notice

Remove this Banner Ad

just when i thought any more man love for Motlop wasn't possible....

No shame tells it like it is, exactly what these senior plays need!

Daniel Motlop has declared teammates will be out of the squad if they repeat lazy efforts seen against West Coast when they meet Melbourne.

Speaking ahead of his 100th AFL match, Motlop was frank about the fact that tensions had been created among Port's playing group due to the failure of some players to apply pressure to the opposition.

It is a sorer point for Motlop than most, since he is commonly lauded by the Power's coaching staff as one of the most tireless chasers and blockers in the league, and he made his feelings clear in the aftermath of the 50-point loss to the Eagles.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25314391-12428,00.html

Love him! Absolute legend.

And what he's saying is spot on as well. Not to mention he's about the only one who can really talk about effort after last week's performance.

Hope he kicks a bag against Melbourne for his 100th. How good has this guy been for our club?

About time, the first interview to come out of the club this week that didnt leave me feeling insulted.

But why the hell didnt we see or hear from Dom this week, this message needed to come from him, regardless of how he played on the weekend. He's the captain, talk of disuntiy, poor performance from the leadership group needed him to come out and tell it like it is and send a message. Dom is the leader havent seen any leadership yet, not a critisism of the Dom but those who are sending the messages out of the club.

^Even when tredders was captain, I think one of the 'leadership group' gets selected each week to front the media.

Just a pattern I've noticed over the years.

Tonight I did something I rarely do and watched the Channel 9 "News". They played a bit of the Motlop interview where he was talking about the reaction of some players to starting on the bench during the segment with Goodwin and Chad. Goodwin asked Chad if this was the reason that Rodin had been dropped and Chad told him he was just trying to deflect attention from all the issues at the Crows. Kym Dillon cut him off pretty dang quick.

Tonight I did something I rarely do and watched the Channel 9 "News". They played a bit of the Motlop interview where he was talking about the reaction of some players to starting on the bench during the segment with Goodwin and Chad. Goodwin asked Chad if this was the reason that Rodin had been dropped and Chad told him he was just trying to deflect attention from all the issues at the Crows. Kym Dillon cut him off pretty dang quick.

Chad is a bit of a w***er sometimes, but all power to him haha.

^I saw that.. frickin hilarious by Chad Cornes.

Chad Cornes talking, Goodwin for some reason butts in mid-sentence and says something like, "so is it any conincidence that after this heated exchange rodan is the one that got dropped?" with a big smile on his face trying to insinuate something, to which Chad looked at him like an idiot, and replied, "no rodan's form isn't where it should be, you're just trying to deflect the attention from your mob given Bock's actions this past week"

LOL onya chad

Wow, I wish I heard that. I think Goodwin would have overstepped the mark in that the Crows like to distance themselves from politics.

If the comments by Motlop reflect what Channel 10 were trying to beat up into 'internal dissension that threatened to rip Port apart' it just shows what Aiston and co's game is. It's fantastic that there are players in the squad that feel strongly enough about that utterly unacceptable effort to speak up and let their team mates know. Let's hope the selectors listen to those players and support the ones who do bust a gut for this club.

If the comments by Motlop reflect what Channel 10 were trying to beat up into 'internal dissension that threatened to rip Port apart' it just shows what Aiston and co's game is. It's fantastic that there are players in the squad that feel strongly enough about that utterly unacceptable effort to speak up and let their team mates know. Let's hope the selectors listen to those players and support the ones who do bust a gut for this club.

Deflection pure and simple. I couldn't imagine too many losses where there wouldn't be some post match friction in the changerooms of any club.

Deflection pure and simple. I couldn't imagine too many losses where there wouldn't be some post match friction in the changerooms of any club.

Yeah, it's not like the boys all go and congratulate each other over the loss. I'd expect them have words with each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well i don't blame Mots when your doing all you can do as an individual and you can clearly see others doing **** all!

yes also disappointing not to see Dom come out and say this stuff, really needed to come from him, too bad he is one of the questionable players......

trouble ahead IMO:(

Players like him are the reason I watch the football, absolute excitement machine he is. He obviously loves the club and I think that just may set your players alight for the season.

yes also disappointing not to see Dom come out

This is at least the second time I've seen such a comment in this thread, and I don't understand it.

The club has a different player front the media each week, and this is the same thing that occurred whilst Tredrea was captain.

What exactly do we expect Dom to do?

"Hey motlop, i know it's your turn to front the media this week, but **** off, i'm captain so I'm gonna speak to them despite these contracts!"

:confused:

This is at least the second time I've seen such a comment in this thread, and I don't understand it.

The club has a different player front the media each week, and this is the same thing that occurred whilst Tredrea was captain.

What exactly do we expect Dom to do?

"Hey motlop, i know it's your turn to front the media this week, but **** off, i'm captain so I'm gonna speak to them despite these contracts!"

:confused:

its not the person saying it, its the issue itself. Of course Dom wouldn't call a media meeting considering the irony of him talking about such an issue.

IMo despite the media contracts the Captain has a responsibility to the supporters, the players and the club to uphold a certain level of consistency and quality within the playing group. The question is what can you say if you are part of group of players who had a below par performance.

im not saying Dom is the main culprit and yes you can't play out of your skin every game, but IMO this lack of defensive pressure and gone missing play is not limited to this season and some players really need to explain and justify their existance on this PAFC list.

^Yeah I see what you're saying with your first and third paragraphs.

With regards to the second, are you saying you would prefer to see the captain speaking to the media on a weekly basis?

well i'm not sure of the contractual agreements the PAFC has for the captain but i'm sure he has more media responsibilities then the average player and to be honest i'm sure i have seen/heard him in an interview more than once a week since the preseason started...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back