News Daniel Kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

I asked you a question. I assumed (based on your post history) that you wouldn't answer it and gave you an out I.e. that you had no idea and were just being a club fanboi ...

You haven't answered the question and then have instead accused me of aggressiveness and then gone a sarcastic passive aggressive attack ....

Would you prefer I use crayon in future?

How about you try answering the question I asked or do you just concede that it'll lead to the obvious outcome suggested in my second question?

I think we can all be thankful we only have to put up with your particular brand of crap here. Heaven help the people who have to put up with you in real life.

You sound like you would make a great boss :p

It is a touchy subject, as I can see both sides of the argument regarding trading or keeping, but I believe all champions deserve to finish their career at the club they became champions at.

Seriously though, what are GWS going to give for a bloke that only has one year left in him and struggles to get a game currently for a team that has a **** midfield.

They gave up draft picks for Cornes who was finished.
They have stated they would like someone like Kerr to show there abundance of mids where to run to.
Kerr would fit the bill, it would also help WCE get rid of his last year of salary about $450k.
Would be a win win for both clubs.

They gave up draft picks for Cornes who was finished.
They have stated they would like someone like Kerr to show there abundance of mids where to run to.
Kerr would fit the bill, it would also help WCE get rid of his last year of salary about $450k.
Would be a win win for both clubs.

The deal for Cornes (and Brogan) was for pick 49. So it's not really that great. But the $450k wouldn't be the worst thing to free up.

I think we can all be thankful we only have to put up with your particular brand of crap here. Heaven help the people who have to put up with you in real life.

Sorry, I'm not sure why you felt the need to respond to a post specifically asking questions of fidstar? - who you might note, as expected, didnt have the bollocks to answer...

That said, I have no idea who you are, I can't think of a single post of any note you've ever made. My "particular brand of crap" seeks to bring my (in your case) superior football knowledge and illuminate a bunch of, largely, inbreds and fools. If they choose to take offense and hope for a nicer world that doesn't expose their vapid intellects that's really not my issue.

Have a great day... :)

Sorry, I'm not sure why you felt the need to respond to a post specifically asking questions of fidstar? - who you might note, as expected, didnt have the bollocks to answer...

That said, I have no idea who you are, I can't think of a single post of any note you've ever made. My "particular brand of crap" seeks to bring my (in your case) superior football knowledge and illuminate a bunch of, largely, inbreds and fools. If they choose to take offense and hope for a nicer world that doesn't expose their vapid intellects that's really not my issue.

Have a great day... :)

I thought I did respond. We are allowed to have a difference of opinion. Anyway...

Let's move on.

I have stated all year that Daniel Kerr knee is stuffed.

We should trade him to GWS who would like his experience for a year to teach there young mids where to go.

Just tell Kerr we wont play him next year, so better of going to GWS for a year.

I love Daniel one of my all time favourites but as a club we owe him nothing where he owes WCE the club plenty.

Surely, if everyone here knows that Kerr's knee is stuffed GWS know it too and wouldn't offer anything for him. I know that the Eagles once spent picks on players with stuffed knees (Sierakowski, Prior) but I doubt that teams do it these days.

We are tanking people.

And I can't believe there are actually people out there who don't get that people who don't train are sent into twos to get fitness. No wonder people think we are the dumbest fans.

While I agree with the sentiment that you are not surprised we are considered en masse the most footy-naive fans, to suggest that we're tanking is pretty average too, isn't it? After what happened to Melbourne (got fined despite no official statement saying that they did tank).

I was having a bit of an in depth with a mate about Kerr and we both agreed he was better than either Judd or Cousins for a period spanning 2005-2006.

Now that the dust has settled on this lot, what are your thoughts?

I was having a bit of an in depth with a mate about Kerr and we both agreed he was better than either Judd or Cousins for a period spanning 2005-2006.

Now that the dust has settled on this lot, what are your thoughts?

Finished runner up in the Brownlow twice I think?

Talented player with a kamikaze attack on the ball which ultimately lead to his career being shortened. Between his off field dramas and injuries it probably stopped him from acheiving greater heights individually IMO

Kerr was the best third best midfielder on his team you'd ever hope to see, but there's no world where he was better than Judd and Cousins during the height of everyone's powers.

His ability to still be damn good and incredibly clutch in 2011/12 is an important part of his legacy, but Judd's peak is unparalleled and Cousins' best was better than Kerr's, though it was curtailed too quickly for obvious reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kerr was the best third best midfielder on his team you'd ever hope to see, but there's no world where he was better than Judd and Cousins during the height of everyone's powers.

His ability to still be damn good and incredibly clutch in 2011/12 is an important part of his legacy, but Judd's peak is unparalleled and Cousins' best was better than Kerr's, though it was curtailed too quickly for obvious reasons.
Agreed. I think Cousins was more consistent than Judd so it would be an interesting discussion on who was "better" (and by what measures)

Finished runner up in the Brownlow twice I think?

Talented player with a kamikaze attack on the ball which ultimately lead to his career being shortened. Between his off field dramas and injuries it probably stopped him from acheiving greater heights individually IMO
I think runner up twice and 3rd once.

I have him second after Juddy.

For mine, this is still my favorite Kerr memory over any of the others and summed him up as a player for me

Edit: on viewing this again, it's under estrimated the gut running of Embley and Lecras in this. Both started at the same contest with Kerr and ran hard to provide an option on the forward flank seconds after. Embley kept running to provide the sheppard to Darling also.

For mine, this is still my favorite Kerr memory over any of the others and summed him up as a player for me

Edit: on viewing this again, it's under estrimated the gut running of Embley and Lecras in this. Both started at the same contest with Kerr and ran hard to provide an option on the forward flank seconds after. Embley kept running to provide the sheppard to Darling also.

This is my go to memory of Kerr.

With Judd I think of five goals at Brisbane, Cousins I think of making the Crows look silly with ease.

Kerr I think of something half a decade later when everyone else had long since left us and he was firing the next generation into a prelim with efforts like that. I‘ve always found that telling when recalling the 06 era and the legacies of all three.

Judd and Cousins had him at the time but, longevity wise, I can see an argument for Kerr.

I think over that 05-07 peak under Woosha, he earned more Brownlow votes than anyone else in the comp.

This is the period to which I am referring, not the overall careers.

He played hard off field, and I think that ended up curbing him somewhat.

A few of the posters on our board reckon Jy Simpkin most reminds them of Kerr.

His 2011-2012 is pretty underrated when you look at his career as a whole. To me that is what made the 2011-12 years special was being able to see Kerr back to his best along side the young crop of Lecca, Darling, JK, Gass, Shuey, Emac, Hurn, Nic nat ect. Also was good to see Nico and Waters back to their best.

That is one of my favourite finals. It signalled the end of a painful rebuild and was so great to see the Eagles up and about again, playing and winning finals.

That is one of my favourite finals. It signalled the end of a painful rebuild and was so great to see the Eagles up and about again, playing and winning finals.
Plus we knocked Judd and Carlton out of the finals as well :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back