List Mgmt. danger - should we be concerned?

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger can barely get on the park, how on earth would his output be better than Crouch?

As long as the hankies are ok and he can be managed to perform over 15-16 games, he’d be miles more valuable than crouch or Laird. We should be pushing one of those out at end of this year regardless of who might come in.

As long as the hankies are ok and he can be managed to perform over 15-16 games, he’d be miles more valuable than crouch or Laird. We should be pushing one of those out at end of this year regardless of who might come in.

I'm taking a 28 year old crouch all day over a 34 year old cooked Dangerfield. I agree on Laird, but Crouch has been excellent for us again this year.

call me bitter, but this would be disastrous.
I can't see the young players at our club welcoming Danger. We have a strong, talented, but modest leader in Dawson. THe last thing we need is a FIGJAM to come prancing in, telling everyone how good he is and how things should be done. Patrick is destined for a career in the media (unfortunately), and any suggestions that he'd provide great experience and knowledge in a coaching role (I.e Rucci gushing over the prospect this arvo), are completely off the mark.
Never take back your ex

call me bitter, but this would be disastrous.
I can't see the young players at our club welcoming Danger. We have a strong, talented, but modest leader in Dawson. THe last thing we need is a FIGJAM to come prancing in, telling everyone how good he is and how things should be done. Patrick is destined for a career in the media (unfortunately), and any suggestions that he'd provide great experience and knowledge in a coaching role (I.e Rucci gushing over the prospect this arvo), are completely off the mark.
Never take back your ex

spot on, the last thing we need is someone coming in from a successful program and identifying areas where we could improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A part of me likes this story line, especially as you could run Dangerfield as a half forward for a year and two and Geelong has been uber successful. Would a Pedlar, Curtin, Soligo, Rachele, Rankine etc benefit from this? Looks a pretty safe yes at this point.

But then again, it's hard to not see this as a bit of a gut-punch if it did happen as Danger leaving was a part of the snowball that led to us losing a grand final and a lost era.

But but then again, if we won a flag with a 35-36yr old Danger??? That seems a dumb enough scenario where it could be plausible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back