Past Dan Hannebery - traded 2018, to St Kilda for packet of Samboys (BBQ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hanners is first Swan I can recall seeing his full career from debut to retirement.

Remember he debuted in a game against Carlton in 2009 while he was still a school kid, Carlton beat us by 10 goals, Jesse White was the next big thing after kicking 4 goals and the successor to Barry Hall after the latter retired following a brain explosion where he punched Ben Rutten in the jaw. Ted Richards also got his lung punctured in that.

Hope he turns back the clock tomorrow, not enough to drag the Saints over the line of course but enough to give everyone a reminder of what a gun he was for much of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played Boods Footy for the Saints today & what's more, he made sure our club had a seriously tough hit out in this last game to prime us for tge finals.
No soft footy today.
Love you Dan!
So he did. Much respected Warrior for us but his 18 games for that shit club was about at 228k a game for contract so right whack for them.

I seriously can't believe he's pulled the pin. Was one of their best today. I guess saints are going the full rebuild.

Surely he goes around again? Gets 30 disposals when his fitness would have been about as limited as possible. He still had it and I hope he has a change of heart.

I seriously can't believe he's pulled the pin. Was one of their best today. I guess saints are going the full rebuild.

Surely he goes around again? Gets 30 disposals when his fitness would have been about as limited as possible. He still had it and I hope he has a change of heart.
Never say never...

(GWS on big coin & doesn't play a game Dan... do it...)

There's definitely a few clubs that should consider adding Hannebery next year, for cents on the dollar mind you. I actually think after his trip to Germany he's now on top of his calf injuries and if he can play like he did today on even just the odd occasion then it's a no brainer. North, Geelong and Richmond could all stand to gain something from adding Hannebery. Jordan Lewis was praising his communication skills on the telecast today and Clarko would be a fool not to ask the question in my opinion. Richmond might choose to keep their window open, however slight it might be and Geelong, well, they could use some young talent to compliment their roster so he's the perfect fit!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back