Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I see the scapegoats have already been well placed into position. Fire McCarthy,Trade Prescott all you want but you are just shifting the deckchairs on the Titanic. Nothing but a top 2 in the league QB/Head Coach combo is enough to have a chance to overcome this cancer of a culture. This team quit again today. Same as they always do when the going gets a bit tough.

What needs to change?
Jerry needs to die, only then is there a small chance.

This is why I am numb to all the "time to clean house" talk. The cancer will still be there so it's all a bit of a waste of time isn't it? Literal bandaid over cancer.

Last edited:
Anyone surprised?

Question is, where to from here?

What needs to change?
Where do you start?

McCarthy aint a HCs arse so start there.

Who is left? Quinn is a good DC but not a HC regardless of today and it was 1 game.

I want Quinn to stay as DC but it wont happen and after today so be it!

My wishlist is Bill Bellichick and Harbaugh 2nd. Also keep in mind that BB could bring Saban as well in some form and both are close to Jerry.

Roster/ Cap wise we are in no mans land with CD wanting a rise soon and Dak am extension. But you need to start at HC and McCarthy has to go you cant have 3 12 win seasons and not make a NFCCG. He was constantly under achieving with Rodgers at GB as well.

Last edited:

My wishlist is Bill Bellichick and Harbaugh 2nd.
Harbaugh could do way better than Dallas. Belichick even near the end can probably still do better than Dallas

At the end of the day I am not sure why either would want to coach under the ownership of a narcissist moron. The very best head coaches can do way better. Dallas is not an attractive location and hasn't been for decades

Harbaugh could do way better than Dallas. Belichick even near the end can probably still do better than Dallas

At the end of the day I am not sure why either would want to coach under the ownership of a narcissist moron. The very best head coaches can do way better. Dallas is not an attractive location and hasn't been for decades
There is a connection between BB and Jerry that goes way back and they are close friends. Not saying BB will come or JJ even sacks MM who has 1 year left on a contract anyway. If history repeats JJ will just sit on his hands and we lose another playoff game next season early even if we make it than the forced changed of hands comes. I would rather do it now and i have seen enough of McCarthy.

Grass grows around the feet of the people that dont move fast and this league moves quick.

This i agree with and it is not like our last batch of coaches over the last 3 decades have been getting us playoff wins!

Lose with MM again or move on with a proven football brain that wins playoff games and SBs. I am taking the latter.

There is a connection between BB and Jerry that goes way back and they are close friends. Not saying BB will come or JJ even sacks MM who has 1 year left on a contract anyway. If history repeats JJ will just sit on his hands and we lose another playoff game next season early even if we make it than the forced changed of hands comes. I would rather do it now and i have seen enough of McCarthy.

Grass grows around the feet of the people that dont move fast and this league moves quick.
There is a good chance Belichick is just passed it now. I am getting Parcells vibes here. Former Giants/Patriots hard nose coach that is a bit past it at best.

At the end of the day Belichick is a 71 year old head coach who is going to want huge control while working under a huge narcissist that still gives himself the title of GM. Recipe for disaster

There is a good chance Belichick is just passed it now. I am getting Parcells vibes here. Former Giants/Patriots hard nose coach that is a bit past it at best.

At the end of the day Belichick is a 71 year old head coach who is going to want huge control while working under a huge narcissist that still gives himself the title of GM. Recipe for disaster
Yeah i see that point of view and understand it. Something needs to change though and McCarthy aint the answer moving forward.

Regardless who it is we aint doing s**t with McCarthy next season anyway so why wait now?? You sit on your hands in this league to long you will wake up with s**t all over them.

Parcells also didnt walk into a roster that we have now. We are close but need just a few pieces to complete it and MM is not getting us there.

Yeah i see that point of view and understand it. Something needs to change though and McCarthy aint the answer moving forward.

Regardless who it is we aint doing s**t with McCarthy next season anyway so why wait now?? You sit on your hands in this league to long you will wake up with s**t all over them.

Parcells also didnt walk into a roster that we have now. We are close but need just a few pieces to complete it and MM is not getting us there.
I really don't think the roster is as good as you think it is. It's good, but there are still huge holes in LB, DT and the O-Line groups. These are areas where you need to be very good at to be a legit Super Bowl contender.

Like I said, I am not bothered if they fire McCarthy or not, because at the end of the day the ownership will still be the same, so it's all a bit meh.

I really don't think the roster is as good as you think it is. It's good, but there are still huge holes in LB, DT and the O-Line groups. These are areas where you need to be very good at to be a legit Super Bowl contender.

Like I said, I am not bothered if they fire McCarthy or not, because at the end of the day the ownership will still be the same, so it's all a bit meh.
Agree and every team has holes on both sides of the ball. It is how you coach around them and make them so they are not a game losing weakness. No team in the NFL is perfect but i like the roster we have but we are poorly run off the field.

Anyone surprised?

Question is, where to from here?

What needs to change?
I think Dallas Cowboys as an organisation are on the fence as to whether they're a professional football team whose purpose is to win superbowls or if they're just a business built on revenue. I was really disconnected on the way home lol so I started pondering all the times I saw the Dallas Cowboys social media feeds doing these bullshit posts about what the players were wearing before getting on the plane to the road games. It's cringe as all hell and seems fairly innocuous, but if players are being told to suit up and pose for photos to get on a plane there are probably more non-football related things that players are having to think about prior to games. The winning mentality and ruthless dedication of other teams and clubs is just not there. I feel like Jerry discovered ten years ago he could have a highly profitable team without the on-field success and deep down he's content with that.

I think Dallas Cowboys as an organisation are on the fence as to whether they're a professional football team whose purpose is to win superbowls or if they're just a business built on revenue. I was really disconnected on the way home lol so I started pondering all the times I saw the Dallas Cowboys social media feeds doing these bullshit posts about what the players were wearing before getting on the plane to the road games. It's cringe as all hell and seems fairly innocuous, but if players are being told to suit up and pose for photos to get on a plane there are probably more non-football related things that players are having to think about prior to games. The winning mentality and ruthless dedication of other teams and clubs is just not there. I feel like Jerry discovered ten years ago he could have a highly profitable team without the on-field success and deep down he's content with that.
Reckon there's a fair bit of this at play. As for surprises there's no way this team should have been 27 - 0 down in the second against that GB team at home. Beggars belief the new lows they can find during the biggest moments. In context I can't remember seeing any team I follow in various codes put in a performance like today.

Reckon there's a fair bit of this at play. As for surprises there's no way this team should have been 27 - 0 down in the second against that GB team at home. Beggars belief the new lows they can find during the biggest moments. In context I can't remember seeing any team I follow in various codes put in a performance like today.
Well, I can't say that...

But yeah, there are no excuses for today. Relatively healthy team, plenty of All-Pros on the roster, experienced QB, homefield advantage in an indoor stadium. Doesn't matter the circumstances, we just cannot win games that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just that, but Jerry would rather not win his way than win but not get all the credit.

It would bother him the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl and him not getting all the spotlight. His narcissism is that out of control.

Meh, calling out the wrong people.

So many of these ex-Cowboys never have the guts to call out the real problem with the Cowboys (Jerry), instead just do it to the players. Not going to do anything. Can't expect the players to excel when they are imbedded in such a weak culture.

Like the Commanders... problem is the owner
We're starting with a new slate
Problem is Jerry thinks Dak is as good as Troy Aikman - he isn't
Owner's own and shut up - coaches coach and GMs hire and fire the talent
Jerry needs to pass or Marc Cuban needs to sell the Mavs and buy 51% of the Cows

Belichick would only go to the Cowboys if they give him full control over personnel.
Even if Jerry were to give that up he would still be looking over his shoulder every other minute. That's assuming that Belichick still has it, which I think he doesn't anymore.

Like the Commanders... problem is the owner
We're starting with a new slate
Problem is Jerry thinks Dak is as good as Troy Aikman - he isn't
Owner's own and shut up - coaches coach and GMs hire and fire the talent
Jerry needs to pass or Marc Cuban needs to sell the Mavs and buy 51% of the Cows

Yup.

The problem is Jerry. Too involved and intwined and that's not conducive to enabling success.

Apologies, Cowboys fans, but I think the club is doomed, kinda, in the same way the Raiders were. A tyrant owner. Raiders weren't ever as huge as Cowboys were/are in terms of finances and supporter base, that aspect will keep them getting as bad as the Raiders did. But youre headed in the same trajectory. Jerry wont give up control and meddling, and when he passes away, his son will take over and maybe only then things improve, but it depends....i dont know what kind of guy the son is, whereas Mark was always different from his dad.

Apologies, Cowboys fans, but I think the club is doomed, kinda, in the same way the Raiders were. A tyrant owner. Raiders weren't ever as huge as Cowboys were/are in terms of finances and supporter base, that aspect will keep them getting as bad as the Raiders did. But youre headed in the same trajectory. Jerry wont give up control and meddling, and when he passes away, his son will take over and maybe only then things improve, but it depends....i dont know what kind of guy the son is, whereas Mark was always different from his dad.
Dont think many will argue with you here.

This needs to be read folks and you should be able to see it without being a member….

So apparently half the team were partying the night before the game. Can only imagine the s**t they were snorting all night and explains the lackluster effort from the opening kick off.

Only in Dallas does this happen and Jerry was probably there as well doing what he does with them. This would never happen under a team that was led by a real head coach. We need Belichick more than anything now after reading this crap and he would never tolerate such a Hollywood attitude within a franchise that has not done jack s**t for 3 decades and loaded with pro bowlers on both sides of the ball.

Must read folks.

most Teams, check into a team hotel the night before a game, even home games to avoid distractions, eat properly, study film, watch college games etc

here is says all teams do, be interesting if the Cowboys don't however

The Giants, like all NFL teams, also stay in hotels the night before home games.

“It gets everybody in the same place so they can have tabs on everybody,” Campbell said. “We live right across the water from New York City, so they don’t want you to be in New York City the night before the game.”

Buses depart from the hotel to the stadium at three different times on game day. The first bus typically leaves four hours before kickoff. That bus is mostly for the medical staff and production crew. Shepard is one of a handful of players who takes that bus so he has extra time to warm up.

Most players take the second bus, which departs the hotel three hours before kickoff. The last bus leaves two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

“Some guys like to get over there early,” Campbell said. “Some guys like to get there later so they’re not sitting around for a lot of time. It just depends on the guy.”

Interesting breakdown of the interceptions. Cole Beasley was brutal on the first route by Cooks and Kurt Warner goes through the second one forensically.

The second one was about the unnecessary pump fake costing us time and Cooks and CeeDee running the same slant route. The timing was all wrong. Simply shouldn't be using Cooks in those short routes.

This is on McCarthy's play calling and possibly Dak's inability to improvise. It doesn't show Cooks in a good light and to a lesser extent Lamb, who needed to make his opponent go with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back