D4 D4 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With the Mighty Scraggers bringing home the flag to Footscray this year, i lay in hope that a forgotten son can bring one home to Jordan Reserve in 2017.

Some may know him as Adam Farrugia, some who have played alongside him know him as Killer, Personally I know him as Adam The Killer, he may have never taken a mans life and i am sure all you keyboard warriors are sitting there and wondering what warrants the nickname "killer", the way he kills and attacks that Sherrin in the forward pocket week in week out proves that the nickname is warranted.

With news sweeping across the state that The Mighty Synners have been demoted to Clubbies, Adam The Killer is someone who all at Jordan Reserve should chase as a possible player to lead a charge to Premier C over the next few years.

Players without a home next year include Premiership Player and Brownlow Medalist Dane Swan, VFL Premiership Player Wild Will Minson and Eli "The Gambler" Templeton. Throw Adam Farrugia in with those names and he is a genuine viable option for any club wanting a superstar to build a club and culture from 2017 onwards.

If all else fails, at least there is someone to drink cans with and fight at the annual poker night.

Good Luck to all involved in D4 in season 2017 and remember, if Jason Johannisen can win a Norm Smith, you lazy pricks can train 2 nights a week and pay your fees on time.

Keep Rocking The Free World and Remember To Look Out For Junkies!

Regards, Tony "The Prince" Armstrong #27.

Post on SFX Facebook page

We will be informing VAFA HQ that we will aiming to field a Seniors and Reserves side into Division 4.

In order to do this, we need to find at least another 25-30 players whilst maintaining the majority of last seasons playing list. If each players gets 1 or 2 players to the club, we will be able to field 2 sides and hopefully make our way back up the divisions.

We will be informing VAFA HQ that we will aiming to field a Seniors and Reserves side into Division 4.

In order to do this, we need to find at least another 25-30 players whilst maintaining the majority of last seasons playing list. If each players gets 1 or 2 players to the club, we will be able to field 2 sides and hopefully make our way back up the divisions.
Seems late in the process to be commencing this? I don't like their chances based on this...

"hopefully make our way back up the divisions."

I find this comment strange. Shouldn't the focus purely be on fielding 2 teams???

"hopefully make our way back up the divisions."

I find this comment strange. Shouldn't the focus purely be on fielding 2 teams???
Actually disagree. Doesn't every team (football area) in less than Premier A aim to play off (win) GF's & earn promotion?
Doing it wrong otherwise aren't you?
Although I do acknowledge at committ level the aspirations can be slightly different.

Actually disagree. Doesn't every team (football area) in less than Premier A aim to play off (win) GF's & earn promotion?
Doing it wrong otherwise aren't you?
Although I do acknowledge at committ level the aspirations can be slightly different.

Ultimately that is the goal of all clubs.

But for a team coming back from clubbies they should be focusing on the short term i.e. Field 2 teams and build a sustainable club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Francis back in D4 what an absolute joke !!. Talk about getting a leg up , they should have been made to go into the division they were in before they went to clubbies.
Same as Hawthorn a couple of seasons back, rort the system get relegated and dominate in D4. VAFA are you are a joke !!!.

Id imagine 2 years in clubbies (although winning a flag) isn't a great advertisement for the club. Obviously they struggled at some point to get numbers.
Regardless, whats the issue with them coming back in to bottom division.
If the other clubs have been building along the last couple of years for a tilt at the flag, I hardly think a club previously from 1 division up and via the clubbies is a power house threat.
Saddle up and enjoy the fact that the bottom division gets some more depth and another local club survives a battle.

Id imagine 2 years in clubbies (although winning a flag) isn't a great advertisement for the club. Obviously they struggled at some point to get numbers.
If the other clubs have been building along the last couple of years for a tilt at the flag, I hardly think a club previously from 1 division up and via the clubbies is a power house threat.
Saddle up and enjoy the fact that the bottom division gets some more depth and another local club survives a battle.

Could not agree more mate. Worry about getting your own team in a position to win a flag, no point worrying about what the other clubs are doing.

Why don't you and Norfolk stick to the D3 thread, don't get on here and tell us what we should be doing.
Go up a grade and think you run the show now.

Why don't you and Norfolk stick to the D3 thread, don't get on here and tell us what we should be doing.
Go up a grade and think you run the show now.
Actually just came down a grade mate.

Sorry to offend you, hopefully SFX and the rest of the teams are so putrid that whichever club you're associated with can have some easy premiership success.

Actually just came down a grade mate.

Sorry to offend you, hopefully SFX and the rest of the teams are so putrid that whichever club you're associated with can have some easy premiership success.
We don't want any easy games or premierships handed out just an even playing field will do. All i'm saying is if drop out for whatever reason play in the same division you were in previously and if relegated so be it.
D4 is the hardest division to get out of without doubt so lets not give sides that rort the system or go up and find it too tough an easy out. Is this asking asking too much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back