Current West Coast player contract status

Remove this Banner Ad

When a player just plays in a premiership I think it is a turning point for some players who don't play the game for the love. Really what extra dough when you earn alot anyway, lives in his home state and plays a succesful club.

Good for him:thumbsu:

I suppose what i was wondering whether a Jeff White/Darren Jolly scenario might occur where an obviously talented second ruckman gets tired of playing in the superstar (in this case Cox's) shadow.

Mind you, he wouldn't be the first player to come out saying something like that and then leave.
Who knows what might happen in the future ? Remember that it wasn't so long a go that Cox would have been described as being in Gardiner's "shadow". Now he's the number one ruckman (not just the Eagles number one !) and Gardiner is plying his trade elsewhere.

One of the ones that concerns me is Spangher. He hasn't played for the Eagles yet, has he ? Had a lot of injury problems I think. Is he likely to be retained ?

Good for him:thumbsu:

I suppose what i was wondering whether a Jeff White/Darren Jolly scenario might occur where an obviously talented second ruckman gets tired of playing in the superstar (in this case Cox's) shadow.

Mind you, he wouldn't be the first player to come out saying something like that and then leave.

Very true mate.
When both he and Cox are fit our ruck is extremely hard to beat. We have quality in both our 1st and 2nd ruck spots and it is an excellent situation for us supporters to be in, but i could see how a footy star could get sick of being in someone else's shadow for so long.
So I don't think i'd hold it against him too much if he left.. but saying that i'd love to see a Seaby v Cox battle!

Gee there are a few blokes up for contract renewal during 2008.

Couldn't see us signing all of them.

But with Juddy gone and Cuz taking a pay cut we will have some cash to throw round.

Contracted until the end of 2008 (18):
Beau Waters – Signed a 3-year deal (2006, 2007, 2008) in September 2005.
Matt Rosa – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in July 2006.
Brent Staker – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in July 2006.
Ashley Hansen – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) in August 2006.
Steven Armstrong – Signed a 2-year deal (2007, 2008) when elevated.
Shannon Hurn – Signed a 3-year deal (2006, 2007, 2008) when he was first drafted.
Mitchell Brown - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.
Will Schofield - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.
Tim Houlihan - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.
James Thomson - Compulsary 2-year contract (2007, 2008) when drafted.

I think those are the ones, you'd actually be a little worried about. The others will sign on or retire/delist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask a couple of questions here?

First, will the Eagles make their minimum player payments with Judd and Cousins leaving?

and

Second, did any player like Seaby, re-negotiate their contracts after Judd and Cousins left? Because it only seems fair that blokes who took a pay cut for the team get rewarded ...

This thread needs updating.
Dean Cox signed a contract to 2011 in Feb this year...

I have a 2013 Signed West Coast Eagles Framed jersey that was donated to me to use to raise money for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. All proceeds from the sale go directly to the charity. send me a message if your interested in this jersey to 0412883346.
Thanks

Attachments

• WC.jpg
    WC.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 162

Remove this Banner Ad

Back