Cricket 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Here we go for another season albeit an early one.
Where will the pay dispute end up, as there are positives on both sides. The pros are looking after their own and the board are trying to pump up grass roots cricket, due to the lack of volunteers .
Anyhow , I believe we are a big chance in the Champions trophy.

The pay dispute is complicated by things like the IPL etc. Players can make millions not playing for their country. Pisses me off that players who choose to focus on representing their country/state first & foremost aren't able to be remunerated for doing so while "mercenaries" (willing to play for the biggest cheque), who forego preparing or even playing for their country, get the big payday & rockstar status.

These players are built at grassroot level by their countries infrastructure. They are developed & nurtured through "the system"... Club level, state level & then national level. Only to then turn their back on the system that made them in the first place for the big payday.

So I think it's a structural & "model driven" issue. Why isn't there big loads of cash in the CA coffers to spend on our superstars? Should we allow greater or more flexible funding arrangements from the private sector into the national squad? I dunno. But something needs to happen. We're losing talented kids away from representing their country in test or one day cricket all because the funding structure of CA isn't able to remotely compete with that of things like BBL, IPL etc.

Greater investment in T20 might help. Maybe extend a hand to the BBL & see if you can integrate the national brand with that somehow?

I just want to see Patto, Cummins, Starc, and Hazlewood in one Test. But I fear the long term future of Test cricket is in serious doubt. BBL is killing it in terms of money, crowds, willingness of players to play it.....

They'll probably keep playing Test cricket, but more and more players will be unavailable as their T20 contracts become more important.

He's from NSW, so I don't believe he has to root anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great innings and match by the useless Wade as per usual as well. So many issues with this side...

Khawaja at 3 on a spinning deck...dumb
Smith not at 3?
Wade keeping- waste of time. If he's scoring nothing pick a better keeper, he lets in too many byes to make up for his shortcomings.

The whole top 6 is a mess. Cartrwright should have played.

Another great innings and match by the useless Wade as per usual as well. So many issues with this side...

Khawaja at 3 on a spinning deck...dumb
Smith not at 3?
Wade keeping- waste of time. If he's scoring nothing pick a better keeper, he lets in too many byes to make up for his shortcomings.

The whole top 6 is a mess. Cartrwright should have played.
It only took 5 minutes for the expert to appear.

It only took 5 minutes for the expert to appear.

Hey he sorted the contracts and picked the side, may as well watch after picking the all australian, doing the brownlow and preparing for the draft

What a terrible test , on a terrible deck. Seriously Warner don't leave our shores and Usman you brain dead f. These rats appeal more than the snake charmers.

Where's Patto at Bedders?
The wickets in Bangladesh are the kind that would suit his style of fast bowling.

Where's Patto at Bedders?
The wickets in Bangladesh are the kind that would suit his style of fast bowling.
Welcome back mate. Not a really bad one this time and is still on track for the Ashes. Hazelwood has broken down today, that's a worry.
Next time these cheating rats from Asia come here, we need to be putting out greentops and bounce the shit out of them.

Welcome back mate. Not a really bad one this time and is still on track for the Ashes. Hazelwood has broken down today, that's a worry.
Next time these cheating rats from Asia come here, we need to be putting out greentops and bounce the shit out of them.
Shit, what did Hazy do mate?

Should just bounce the shit out of them anywhere, like the Windies used to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back