Injury Cowan on LTI List - Simpkin re-elevated!

Remove this Banner Ad

Also from the same article, VARDS IS BACK on the permanent list... no more LTI.....

Go Catters

Not surprising Cowan LTI given it seemed likely they'd put him away for the year, and opening another slot to look at another rookie given Vards is now off the LTI.

No surprise on Simpkin, he has been our most consistent player in the vfl and the next five weeks are make or break for his career. Hopefully he gets the chance to play an AFL game and if he does so, hope he takes it and runs with it.

Interesting. Perhaps he's the one to come in for Corey/SJ in midfield. It's pretty rare that a bloke is elevated and not played.

Also great to hear Vardy is back training. Hopefully he can get a game or 2 before the season is out. We don't have a VFL reserves team do we? It would be nice if he could even just drift around the forward line for a quarter or 2 to give him a taste of it before the year's out.

Do we have any rookies that aren't on the senior list as of now?

Burbury, Blicavs and Bathie are the only 3 I can think of...oh and Stringer..

Interesting. Perhaps he's the one to come in for Corey/SJ in midfield. It's pretty rare that a bloke is elevated and not played.

Also great to hear Vardy is back training. Hopefully he can get a game or 2 before the season is out. We don't have a VFL reserves team do we? It would be nice if he could even just drift around the forward line for a quarter or 2 to give him a taste of it before the year's out.

It is but I doubt he will play. It's probably more planning for next week as given the short turnaround (vfl sunday, afl interstate on friday) they will have to plan ahead for the likely 25 next week, and hold those 3 or so guys out of the vfl, so I'd say they are thinking he's a strong chance to be in that group.

Vady's an interesting one, very happy to see him back but the vfl team is at a crucial time playing for top 4 spot and a real tilt at the flag, so hopefully when he does play he can play a fair chunk of minutes.

Do we have any rookies that aren't on the senior list as of now?

Burbury, Blicavs and Bathie are the only 3 I can think of...oh and Stringer..

And Eardley.

Walker Sheringham and Simpkin are the only three currently on the senior list.

Certainly points to some further bad news at the selection table. Either SJ or someone else.

Scott said they will name SJ and then see how he is on the day, so it won't be him.

Apparently will play some minutes in the VFL this week.

Vady's an interesting one, very happy to see him back but the vfl team is at a crucial time playing for top 4 spot and a real tilt at the flag, so hopefully when he does play he can play a fair chunk of minutes.

Honestly this is a very secondary concern. We played Blicavs who looked pretty lost against another finals bound team. Nothing wrong with giving blokes some game time in the VFL coming back from injury or trying to teach them a role while expecting us to be very competitive. Once we get to finals then we can look at having a run at the flag but our AFL team should be our #1 concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a mental thing now as much as physical one I reckon.

Needs to be on the bench of the VFL side for2-3 games just to get touch the ball and get a kick. Take a mark, take a tackle, etc at a lower level intensity than the AFL. But still quite reasonable.

Needs to believe that it is all mending and he can resume playing again with gusto after another pre-season.

Im a big wrap for what Mots has done this year and his performance has been great , but like Bundy, Menzel, and Mitch last year he might need a general soon. He has played lots this season and is probably hitting or close to hitting the wall.
I could see him going out this week for a slower but bigger body mid / forward type.... Hypen or Schredder even....
Not saying he is palying bad or should be traded - but a break might so him good....

Go Catters

Im a big wrap for what Mots has done this year and his performance has been great , but like Bundy, Menzel, and Mitch last year he might need a general soon. He has played lots this season and is probably hitting or close to hitting the wall.
I could see him going out this week for a slower but bigger body mid / forward type.... Hypen or Schredder even....
Not saying he is palying bad or should be traded - but a break might so him good....

Go Catters

Yeah just a break to freshen up nothing more than that,your point on bringing in a bigger body is a good one,Motlop got pushed around a bit in his first encounter with the Hawks.

Yeah just a break to freshen up nothing more than that,your point on bringing in a bigger body is a good one,Motlop got pushed around in his first encounter with the Hawks.

Just recharge the batteries and a smaller body will get pushed around a bit. Hawks will be ferocious in this one and fas players get slower, slow players get tired, but bigger players NEVER get smaller.....

Mots has plenty for us in store for the rest of the season...

Go Catters

Great news on Vardy. Hope he stays healthy.

Id would be good if Simpkin can get 3 games or so before end of season. Full games not sub. It would give every future late bloomer the confidence that its possible to do it of our VFL list. Be a brave move to play him against the Hawks but , huge game.

Is he good enough? At times id say yes but boy we cant promote them all and we have that many Rookies atm that are legit potential players that he will have to do something out of the box. So if he does get a game this week , its on the big stage and quality opposition. He would get a huge tick if he got the job done.

End of the day , any of the Rookies may be able to show enough to interest another club , perhaps we can trade a Rookie and a pick for an upgrade etc

Simpkin for Motlop with the general?

Could be, although I would have preferred Mots have his week's rest once Woj is back.

I still reckon Simpkin is for next week, they probably have to decide now which 3 guys they are going to give individual programs to and keep out of the vfl on Sunday so they can go to Perth, and I reckon he's a good chance to play there.

I just hope whenever he plays they can give him a full game-I know that's hard to arrange but he's a bottom of the packs guy, he's not an impact sub player, and he needs at least 3 quarters to show whether he's good or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back