Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the exact problem though. There is a period before symptoms show, at least a few days (sometimes more), where people are shedding the virus and infecting others without being able to tell...

Yeah I know

Around Easter they reckon will hit hardest

Can’t see it stopping its growth there.

Been following this very closely* since late January. Unless they go into significant quarantine/lockdown it won’t stop at that point...

This is going to overwealm our health system.

Don’t reckon the footy will go through past Easter. Wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get to round 2 (not completely convinced Round 1 goes ahead!).

I thought they might have squeezed the F1 in just, but not to be either.

*obsessively

Been following this very closely* since late January. Unless they go into significant quarantine/lockdown it won’t stop at that point...

Don’t reckon the footy will go through past Easter. Wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get to round 2 (not completely convinced Round 1 goes ahead!).

*obsessively
I agree. i have been following this closely. its unchartered waters for health, financial system, economies, personal lives. its just unprecedented.

*obsessively

interesting times ahead lucky we have capable leaders...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They won’t get a choice

Government will decide for them imo anyway

Shame really seems we have to police the stupid people who would wander along sick
Problem is the 7-10 day incubation period that most viruses have... you do all your wandering around before you know you're sick!

I haven't heard what the incubation period is with this one... anyone know?

I reckon in a month or so there will be a new norm/adaption people adapt quickly to the new norm

look at London being bombed during the war people live around it

the world cant just shut down

25 year old fit, players wont die from it, its sick and elderly that are most at risk by my Reading

Problem is the 7-10 day incubation period that most viruses have... you do all your wandering around before you know you're sick!

I haven't heard what the incubation period is with this one... anyone know?
14 days apparently from diagnosis. but that's give and take. but you could have infected others prior to symtoms. but i would not worry too much. if you dont have contact with old people or people with existing medical probs. dont worry. but going to meet your grandmum after going to a concert would not be recommended.

I reckon in a month or so there will be a new norm/adaption people adapt quickly to the new norm

look at London being bombed during the war people live around it

the world cant just shut down

25 year old fit, players wont die from it, its sick and elderly that are most at risk by my Reading

You are half-right.

25 year old fit players shouldn't be at risk of dying from it.

But the worse the situation gets (ie increase in cases), the greater strain it puts on the hospitals and health care centres.

And that's when the risk increases, even slightly, for 25 year old fit players.

You are half-right.

But the worse the situation gets (ie increase in cases), the greater strain it puts on the hospitals and health care centres.

very true

theres no quick fix, but one bit of reading was the more common it becomes you get herd immunity, i have no idea on medical issues

glad to be in the most isolsted state

You are half-right.

but they go home and meet mum on Sunday. she talks to Daisy who talks to Jacinta and the whole town is infected in a week. Thats just the way it is working. unfortunately

very true

theres no quick fix, but one bit of reading was the more common it becomes you get herd immunity, i have no idea on medical issues

glad to be in the most isolsted state

I'd suggest do lots of reading from multiple sources as there are conflicting ideas and opinions out there, all from equally-qualified sources.

I am nearly 25, I like to think I'm fit and healthy, besides essential tremor which I've had since 19 and a keg since I was of legal drinking age, but I don't want to get it under any circumstances with the fear that I could give it to someone else, be it at work, friends or family. So I took my immediate family down south and we're planning to wait it out for as long as necessary. It seems an OTT course of action, but this thing will grow legs and something as simple as getting treatment for it at a hospital will soon become a shit-show.

There were 500 people in coles today ffs, stop that if you can
Were they all hanging in toilet roll aisle?

EDIT: Seems I was hours late to the party... oh well, it amused me at the time!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back