Covers

Remove this Banner Ad

Last Angie I will inflict on everyone. May not stay up long in any event.

Audio and video a little bodgy as recorded raw on an I-phone and the band was a touch intrusive.

But live, this was a mesmerising performance and the clip barely does it justice.

Edit: I am not the creator of the clip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll preface this post by saying that, for context, Comfortably Numb is my favourite song from my favourite band.

I thought that this was a terrific cover right up until the final guitar solo. The guitarist tried too hard to replicate Dave Gilmour's guitar playing style and that's a style that cannot easily be replicated. Still a great cover, but I have to take marks off for the solo.

Believe it or not, this song was my introduction to Foo Fighters. It was included on the Songs in the Key of X, which was a CD putting together a bunch of songs used on The X-Files back in the late 90s.

Haven't been through every page in the thread just yet, so these may have already been posted, but these are some of my favourite covers:

Foo Fighters' cover of Pink Floyd's Have a Cigar (from Wish You Were Here) (RIP Taylor, who was the driving force behind the cover and sung the vocals)

Guns N' Roses' cover of Wings' Live and Let Die

Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal

Steve 'N' Seagulls' cover of Guns N' Roses' November Rain

New Hibushibire album has a cover of The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Another older longer version from around 2000 of "Tomorrow Never Knows" by Ann Dyer from a jazz re-interpretation of the Revolver album. Sort of works. A lot of the songs have accordian (this one does too) which bugged me a bit when I listened to it recently but the vocal chops are impressive.

Last edited:
New Hibushibire album has a cover of The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Another older longer version from around 2000 of "Tomorrow Never Knows" by Ann Dyer from a jazz re-interpretation of the Revolver album. Sort of works. A lot of the songs have accordian (this one does too) which bugged me a bit when I listened to it recently but the vocal chops are impressive.

Forgot about this version too, by Junior Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back