Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
again this is your nice little how come meth addicts can go shopping like the other well worn argument of how come pedo's are allowed at the pub

you are the one making a comparison between meth use and antivax, not me

not my job to explain your straw man to you, if you can't work it out maybe come up with a better analogy

So essentially, You cant explain it?

Thats all I needed to hear

So essentially, You cant explain it?

Thats all I needed to hear
given I never said what you're arguing I said I don't have to explain your comment to you

this isn't some checkmate moment where you've won

addiction is not the same thing as being antivax, you can be sober as an addict but you the same doesn't hold true for someone who didn't get vaccinated by choice when it comes to workplace safety

given I never said what you're arguing I said I don't have to explain your comment to you

this isn't some checkmate moment where you've won

addiction is not the same thing as being antivax, you can be sober as an addict but you the same doesn't hold true for someone who didn't get vaccinated by choice when it comes to workplace safety

So in that sense wouldnt you advocate testing for the virus rather then the vaccine itself? You can be someone without the virus as a unvaxxed person.

So if a addict can be sober and I can be someone without the virus, isnt the answer somewhat the same?

Unless testing isnt going to help?

They should direct some of the staggering amounts of resources put towards the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and make a serial killer vaccine, then we can require everyone to check in to prove they're not a serial killer too.

Or the same amount of resources to stop obesity, drug use and smoking

That would help the hospitals too you would think?

The anti-vaxxers vaccine of choice.

I prefer companies without criminal records

Although you seem to think a criminal record doesnt matter? Only there medical ones so I suppose this does all add up

What a weird place society has gotten too

In any sense, what is wrong with Novavax? Seems like you think its not a good choice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer companies without criminal records

Although you seem to think a criminal record doesnt matter? Only there medical ones so I suppose this does all add up

What a weird place society has gotten too

In any sense, what is wrong with Novavax? Seems like you think its not a good choice?

You do know Oxford developed the AZ vaccine right, AZ just fulfil the production.

Similarly with BioNTech and Pfizer.

Nothing. It's a sound choice, were it available.

Instead of the anti-vaxxers vaccine of choice, specifically because it's not available.

They get to say "oh I'm not against vaccination, I'm just waiting for the Novavax one!" yet we all know when it's actually available, they'll find a reason not to get it.

Nothing. It's a sound choice, were it available.

Instead of the anti-vaxxers vaccine of choice, specifically because it's not available.

They get to say "oh I'm not against vaccination, I'm just waiting for the Novavax one!" yet we all know when it's actually available, they'll find a reason not to get it.

So you think Novavax wont be available?

What proof do you have of this? I think its a matter of when not if

With the data showing how insanely low the risk of illness is for 5-11 year olds that catch covid, surely it wont be mandated at a school level.

Not a lot being said around the place in terms of when the remaining mandates are going to be phased out. If those who don't want it haven't gone out to get it so they can do the things vaccinated people will do I don't think they ever will.

Is she still waiting for Novavax?

Eh. Its moving goal posts that one. Ultimately she waited for a better option

If she can, why cant we?

I dont have a problem with none of us waitiing necessarily but that isnt and hasnt happened one bit

That is why Canberra does not have a vaccine mandate and certain South Australian reps are allowed to keep there jobs without the vax. Also need to remember that 75% of W.A jobs have a vaccine mandate. Being a politician isnt 1 of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back