Analysis Cordy's fat guts

What's your take?

• He does have a gut but it doesn't have a negative impact on his game.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • The gut is an indicator of poor conditioning

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • There is no gut

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ScragCity

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I noticed this was a contentious issue in the game day thread yesterday and thought that it deserves its own thread. There seems to be some different opinions on this so ill try to break it down.

1. He does have a gut but it doesn't have a negative impact on his game. Like Stuey Dew in the 2008 GF, we know that having a bit of a gut can actually be an advantage if you know how to use it. Is Cordy one of these players who can use it to take his game to a new level?

2. The gut is an indicator of poor conditioning. This one I find a bit harder to believe. We all know Bevo is huge on running capacity so if Cordy was out of shape I can't see him getting games. Clubs take conditioning more seriously than just about anything. It's prioritised over skill these days.

3. There is no gut. Basically it's a shared hallucination from posters who suffer from Cordy Derangement Syndrome. They want to believe Cordy sucks and will look for any excuse to criticise him, to the point of even making them up.

Where do you stand on the gut? I thought Cordy was exceptional last night and if he needs to be carrying a few extra kgs to sustain that form then I can live with how it looks.

Not sure I've noticed anything significant.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

"I want you blokes to give it everything you've got! I want you to stick it right up 'em!! I want GUTS and DETERMINATION!!!"
- EJ​

We've always known Cordy's had determination. Now we know he's got guts.
How could we ever complain????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dane Swan had a gut and he wasn't half bad!

One of these guys has played over 100 AFL games.

unknown.png

How have we got through 19 posts of this thread without anyone mentioning Dane Swan's famous rig?

1650362269494.png

How have we got through 19 posts of this thread without anyone mentioning Dane Swan's famous rig?

View attachment 1378320
Before interchange caps, Swan was the most interchanged player in the league and Malthouse's use of him in bursts was one of the catalysts for interchange numbers going through the roof across the league eventually leading to the interchange cap that we see today.

Buddy Franklin comes to mind as well. His gut is sometimes there and sometimes not, but he has played more than adequate footy carrying a bit of gut around.

Appears to have expanded since his move forward which I believe is designed by our conditioning staff to assist his centre of balance while In the kicking motion . Certainly seems to be assisting his goal scoring this year . Plenty of room for further development .

Back