List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Be interesting where the list spots come from? If we do land Baker and Buss, Yeo stays. Maric and Culley coming off the rookie.

Retire/delisting
Gaff
Jones
Edwards creates 3 senior spots.

Still need another spot plus a couple of draft picks needed.
Witho, Rotham, HEdwards, Trew, Baker also all in the gun IMO.

Be interesting where the list spots come from? If we do land Baker and Buss, Yeo stays. Maric and Culley coming off the rookie.

Retire/delisting
Gaff
Jones
Edwards creates 3 senior spots.

Still need another spot plus a couple of draft picks needed.

Maric doesn’t need to come off rookie list. He’ll be going into his 3rd season as a rookie in 2025. From memory, there was an exemption provided for MsD pick ups where the first half season doesn’t count, essentially giving them additional season on rookie list.

Rotham, and other Edwards would be up for delisting too.

Gaff
LEdwards
HEdwards
Rotham
Jones
Trew

In:
Pick 3
Baker (2nd round pick)
Busslinger (F2nd)
MSD rookie
Rookie pick 1
Culley upgrade (??)

Maric doesn’t need to come off rookie list. He’ll be going into his 3rd season as a rookie in 2025. From memory, there was an exemption provided for MsD pick ups where the first half season doesn’t count, essentially giving them additional season on rookie list.

Rotham, and other Edwards would be up for delisting too.

Gaff
LEdwards
HEdwards
Rotham
Jones
Trew

In:
Pick 3
Baker (2nd round pick)
Busslinger (F2nd)
MSD rookie
Rookie pick 1
Culley upgrade (??)
Having signed a multi year contract I thought he would be certain to come off

HEdwards who is currently first called up when either of Gov/Barrass go down?

Can't see them letting him go at the moment. Do you see Bazzo and Jaimeson as the guys to be first called up?

Witho won't get let go either on current form.

Forward line is more stacked than the defence.

When Bazzo was healthy he was slightly in front HEswards in selection, and I think most are working off the assumption that HEDwards goes out and Busslinger comes in.

Gov, TB, Jamieson, Bazzo,Busslinger is probably enough.

Been busy with work and just catching up a little. Could it be of benefit to both the Crows and Eagles to get Yeo to band one compensation. Especially if we finish with pick 3-4?

Crows then receive the compensation pick via trade to take Draper and we get the Crows 1st rounder (currently pick 6) and some 2nd/3rd rounders to even the deal out?

I’d be happy for Yeo to stay, I’m not saying trade him but it would be tempting if a high pick was on the table.
Only problem then is we cant sign any free agents or we get a worse pick. Might not be an issue but if the club wants to be aggressive then we need that option I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Bazzo was healthy he was slightly in front HEswards in selection, and I think most are working off the assumption that HEDwards goes out and Busslinger comes in.

Gov, TB, Jamieson, Bazzo,Busslinger is probably enough.
Agreed, but he looks very small at the moment and you'd think has a bit to do to get back to his best. Has more upside than Edwards and I guess the end of the year is a long way away.

Plus maybe you hold one extra with Gov's age and injury history.

HEdwards looked pretty good vs GC. I'd be surprised if he gets cut, particularly with Govs' age and physical issues in recent years, TB too

We need to make 5-6 list changes as a minimum if you believe we are likely to trade in Baker and Busslinger.

HEdwards might just be the one who gets cut, due to number of spots needed to be turned over more than anything.

Wouldn't be racing to cut HEdwards yet. Understand the need for list churn but think we're too thin at KPD to do that. If Buss comes in that's a different story, sure.

MSD watchers, with Long out we're surely hitting the MSD despite Simmo giving off the "don't get too excited" vibes a few weeks ago. Who does that leave us with?

If we got Buss, Bazzo played a few WAFL games toward the end of the year or at least was fit and firing ready for a big preseason, and we were semi-confident Jamo could hold down a key post in the absence of TB AND Gov, I think we could be confident letting HEdwards go.
I dont think Jamo is our guy to be emergency cover as a KPD, but the unfortunate thing for HEdwards is he is out of contract and Jamo is not, and we have to delist somebody.

Id be happy to re-rookie him if another club doesnt chase him, essentially swapping his list spot with Culley.

Can anybody think of a club that might look into HEdwards at the end of the year? Any chance of a late pick upgrade for him?
The Dogs if they lose Buss might require some KPD depth as Jones is close to the end.
HEdwards + a 2nd rounder for Buss maybe?

Back