List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

There is absolutely no point putting anyone else on the LTI list to gain pick 21 in the MSD. We have pick 3, choose the best available and give Hewett and Bazzo something to aspire to for the rest of the year.
Honestly the pickings are slim in the MSD .
Happy to get Ruscoe. What we know is he was good enough to be picked at 50 in the main draft then spent 4 years in a very good team .
He has also been our best performer in the Beagles and probably would have played for us this season already if he was on our list .

I know it not a sexy pick but he is way better than a lot of the MSD and SSP guys we have picked up .

We probably would have picked him in the SSP period if we had an open spot

Honestly the pickings are slim in the MSD .
Happy to get Ruscoe. What we know is he was good enough to be picked at 50 in the main draft then spent 4 years in a very good team .
He has also been our best performer in the Beagles and probably would have played for us this season already if he was on our list .

I know it not a sexy pick but he is way better than a lot of the MSD and SSP guys we have picked up .

We probably would have picked him in the SSP period if we had an open spot
Agreed on the slim pickings, really is a total crapshoot. If the strategy is a mature body then you’re right Ruscoe is as good of a pick as any for a multitude of reasons.

I’d just rather think long term and take Hopkins or Howes in that order. Still have McLachlan 3rd but big question mark on the defensive side of his game at AFL level and have some distance between my interest level in each of those selections.

For me Trey Ruscoe would be a smart pick, he's a inside mid that is very very versatile
can play anywhere
He very quick and surprisingly strong

Left field pick is Bailey Banfield
Playing colts as over ager has improved this season so much you think its a different player

Last year in his draft year was a very quick small mid with a terrible kick who couldn't kick past 30 metres
and didn't impact games

This year his kicking has improved over one season more than any player I can remember ?

He constantly hits targets and can now kick 50 metres probably one of the best players in colts

I bagged him out last year as a hack cant believe how much he has improved

Wouldn't be upset if we use a pick on him in national draft at end of year if he continues his form

Left field pick is Bailey Banfield
Playing colts as over ager has improved this season so much you think its a different player

Last year in his draft year was a very quick small mid with a terrible kick who couldn't kick past 30 metres
and didn't impact games

This year his kicking has improved over one season more than any player I can remember ?

He constantly hits targets and can now kick 50 metres probably one of the best players in colts

I bagged him out last year as a hack cant believe how much he has improved

Wouldn't be upset if we use a pick on him in national draft at end of year if he continues his form
Hes only playing Colts? I cant see us go for a guy who is playing Colts as an overager. Would be nice to bring the Banfield family back in before we get the younger one.
We would have had a good look at him, maybe one for the rookie draft at the end of the year if he plays some league?
Wouldnt be upset about it for sure

Hes only playing Colts? I cant see us go for a guy who is playing Colts as an overager. Would be nice to bring the Banfield family back in before we get the younger one.
We would have had a good look at him, maybe one for the rookie draft at the end of the year if he plays some league?
Wouldnt be upset about it for sure
Yes he was given allowance to play as a over ager
Much better chance of being drafted playing as a over ager in the colts then playing
reserves or league
It was the reason Joe Fonti got picked up last year by GWS, playing colts as over ager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy enough with taking Ruscoe. When I saw him in his first couple years get a few games for Pies I thought he looked a player.

The fact he's in the age group that coach/list mgmt have said we desperately need to add to strengthens my belief we'd be into him. Plus his versatility and obviously a strong body which I think we still need.

Reckon he'd be far from our worst, fit in our best 26 rotating through. Surely would be better than a L.Edwards for example.

That said I'm happy if we have a dip at Hopkins, but based on media reporting doesn't really sound like he's in the frame for anyone.

Howes & Blight - meh. Watching their "highlights" I couldn't really see strong marking capabilities.

In a universe where Smillie makes it to our first pick, are we taking him?

I'm assuming yes he's too good to pass up, even though he's perhaps not the exact type of player we need.

Smillie, Reid, Hewett & Ginbey certainly has some muscle to it, but all of them also have acceleration. Would just be lacking running power / link up play, but if you can get that from your wingmen then perhaps ok.

Feel like a McKercher would be a perfect fit FWIW.

I'd be happy enough with taking Ruscoe. When I saw him in his first couple years get a few games for Pies I thought he looked a player.

The fact he's in the age group that coach/list mgmt have said we desperately need to add to strengthens my belief we'd be into him. Plus his versatility and obviously a strong body which I think we still need.

Reckon he'd be far from our worst, fit in our best 26 rotating through. Surely would be better than a L.Edwards for example.

That said I'm happy if we have a dip at Hopkins, but based on media reporting doesn't really sound like he's in the frame for anyone.

Howes & Blight - meh. Watching their "highlights" I couldn't really see strong marking capabilities.
They are too busy pumping up all the interstate boys Howes, Blight, Scaife etc to be poached when 4 of the top 5 picks are vic clubs. This was posted a week ago if anyone can get past the paywall.

Agree on LEdwards, he is the guy at training who needs the drill explained 3 times over before he gets it.

I'm assuming yes he's too good to pass up, even though he's perhaps not the exact type of player we need.

Smillie, Reid, Hewett & Ginbey certainly has some muscle to it, but all of them also have acceleration. Would just be lacking running power / link up play, but if you can get that from your wingmen then perhaps ok.

You'd have to take smillie if he's there.hes much more of a centre clearance beast than any of our young mids.
He'd take yeos role

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

May as well put a Norf jersey on Smillie now, 0% chance he gets past them unless they split. We definitely need a McKercher type for outside polish. Would be an interesting discussion for a trade centred around McKercher for pick 3 so they can get Smillie and Trainor. Although Colby’s foot stress fracture not even half way into his first season is very concerning.

Tbh, I think Ginbey will settle as a defender for the next 3-4 years.

We seem to be trying to find the right spot for him outisde the midfield.

Hell no to Smillie. His combine is going to show he's slow and less agile as shit. Put even more weight on him to make him an afl body he's going to be slower then an anchor.

He doesn't play with any speed or burst. We already have jai Culley and Greg Clark and brander

Last edited:
Back