Rumour Conca?

Remove this Banner Ad

no worries.
my post was trying to say that those of us who focus on a big KPF above all else may miss out on a gem because our vision was focussed "up high".
Just imagine if we could nab another Fyfe at pick 18. surely we would love to skip a KPF, then look to find a later round option for a tall fella to add to the "stable"
Fyfe was an amazing pick though he went from a brilliant but slender small medium foward to a giant midfield powerhouse with a potentially great future as a chf!

Aaron Black & Reece Conca resigning on the same day. Still think we're a chance of getting Jesse White though, watch him closely guys, could be interesting. There's really no other forward left :(
Ayden Kennedy out at North has been listed in the best six times in VFL, 22 yo 192cm defender so should be hitting his prime as a KP, swap with Michie and 3rd round picks.

Aaron Black & Reece Conca resigning on the same day. Still think we're a chance of getting Jesse White though, watch him closely guys, could be interesting. There's really no other forward left :(

There's one out Hawthorn way they don't go too badly

Ayden Kennedy out at North has been listed in the best six times in VFL, 22 yo 192cm defender so should be hitting his prime as a KP, swap with Michie and 3rd round picks.

They said they'll either trade him or delist him.
That means we can get him for free. If he is that tall with the ball use I've heard, he needs to get his fitness up and play in the middle.

Their father son pick will have a place earmarked in the back six.

I wonder how people's perception of him will change after McPharlin eats his soul on Saturday.

Not that I'm any great fan of White, but if we judged guys by McPharlin flogging them we wouldn't want Buddy either.

Fun fact: Buddy averages less goals against Freo than any other team in the comp. If McPharlin played for Geelong he'd have 6 AA's by now.

Black and this bloke at192cm are not a KPF's,2nd tall forward at best,Taberner at 197cm ,19yo great mark is a mile in front .Put the work in Tabs and we have the gorilla forward we have been looking for

Black and this bloke at192cm are not a KPF's,2nd tall forward at best,Taberner at 197cm ,19yo great mark is a mile in front .Put the work in Tabs and we have the gorilla forward we have been looking for

Pav has another 2-3 years in him now that he is a forward by then Tabs will be 22-23 so should be hitting his prime right time.

I don't see Taberner as a gorilla type forward, I see him more as a lead up hard running chf. I think we still need another contested marking forward, whether or not McCarthey in this years draft is that person I'm not sure but he looks to have the qualities.

I don't see Taberner as a gorilla type forward, I see him more as a lead up hard running chf. I think we still need another contested marking forward, whether or not McCarthey in this years draft is that person I'm not sure but he looks to have the qualities.

He is 19 with one pre season behind him ,wait until he has worked the weights and loaded up on 3-4 Pre seasons
He has all the necessary attributes to be a big key big forward

Actually think Howson has more potential than Tabener to turn into a superstar forward. Tabs obivously more likely to make it though.
Howson seems more of a goal-kicker and a more natural forward.
Mind you can't compare when Howsons played ressies all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually think Howson has more potential than Tabener to turn into a superstar forward. Tabs obivously more likely to make it though.

Well, looks like you just did anyway!

Why would you say that when Howson struggled to get a game in the ones at E Freo
Taberner was regularly taking big bags of marks for Peel incl 14 in one game
Howson might be great but at the moment has shown very little
Maybe thats the reason he is still on the rookie list and Tabs has been upgraded to the main list

Why would you say that when Howson struggled to get a game in the ones at E Freo
Maybe thats the reason he is still on the rookie list and Tabs has been upgraded to the main list

agree, that's why Tabener is more likely to make it. But Howson seems like one of those players who could kick goals in games at any level just not consistelntly and doesnt give as much effort as required yet. Has more improvement in him than Tabs does at least.

Pretender. You would be happy not to have him

Who you talkin' bout g?

Yeah but Tabs is where he is in the Peel line up because of our affiliation, whereas Howie is behind a few established seniors at Easts, who he won't shift easily (knowing the kind of nepotism that goes on there). Agree that Tabs has looked more impressive in his one on ones and overhead marking in comparison to Howie at this stage, but Howie has a different skill set, with lightning pace and a very accurate kick. So Howie will come along, but has a tougher road to play seniors while he stays at old Easts.

Conca could almost give you another mundy if he continues to develop as he has - wins his own ball, is a pretty good user and has added goal kicking to his game in the second half of the year. Love the way he plays the game.

I believe its not so much that we are tight on our cap, rather our footy department is bullish about the need to:
- embrace a payment model like that of Geelong, where blokes take below market rates to keep a group together; and
- leave space available in order to add to our list again in future trade/FA periods.

Agree that Richmond should be able to up Conca's offer and that he should stay if Martin is gone (looks like a done deal IMO) . To lose two first round picks in one hit, without getting too much back, would be a massive blow for the club. Would really need to get one, if not two, best 22 players in an attempt to fill their spots?!
is he better than colin "whore monger" Sylvia?

is he better than colin "whore monger" Sylvia?

Geez, way to bump an old post! Turns out we had room for the both of them :drunk:

Conca will be a good replacement for the hole Lauchie Neale will be leaving. 4 years is a risk due to his injury history but likely will be required to get hims to move back from Melbourne.

A minor bugbear of mine, just because he can play a rebounding role doesn't actually make Conca a defender, will be a gun mid for whoever he plays for and I'd love him at Freo.

For an inside mid he also has very neat skills, I don't like the prospect of what we'd need to give up to make a trade work out though. Richmond will be throwing big bucks at him now that Martin's ******* off to secure his services and they won't want to part with another highly valued top 10 pick.

:drunk:

At least I was right about him not being a defender?

hey if we snag Black and Conca (and why not throw buddy in there) I will build a shrine to Bondy in my backyard and name my first child after him...

.. although Bond would be an odd first name

Incidentally - Black is contracted to end 2014..

The days when we thought Aaron Black was any good. They were simpler times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back