Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

about 75% of that article is okay.

But the belittling terminology they choose to use, and calling it "gifts". Seriously? I guess every other club that got a PP earned it, but us? a gift.
He's just thrown together a bunch of stories from other people.

What's the point of it? To make sure we've not missed anything? He's added nothing of substance.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Most difficult conundrum to solve? Uh, yeah give us the same treatment as gold coast and that might be a start?
Wouldn’t even ponder the idea of access to Sanders

Last edited:
Better piece

Sick of hearing the "no number one picks" thing. Functionally we have two number one picks - Sheezel and Wardlaw. That's what we traded our number one picks for (Goad the bonus). I don't care about which players have the label on them, if anything it's better that they don't. I'd rather have those 3 than JHF and Cadman.

Better piece

What the f*ck!? An intelligent, factual, well informed article that wasn't peppered by predictable, belligerent, reactionary shite in the comment section..?!?!?

Had to inspect my coffee cup to see if it had been spiked with LSD.

Sick of hearing the "no number one picks" thing. Functionally we have two number one picks - Sheezel and Wardlaw. That's what we traded our number one picks for (Goad the bonus). I don't care about which players have the label on them, if anything it's better that they don't. I'd rather have those 3 than JHF and Cadman.
Speaking of the #1 picks, there are only two players who have won the flag after being taken at 1 - Luke Hodge ( #1 2001 -Hawthorn, flags won in 08,13,14,15) and Des Headland (#1 1998 Lions, 02).

Whether that trend continues into the future, who knows.

Edit: Tom Boyd was also a #1 pick at GWS but was traded to the WB and won a flag there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of the #1 picks, there are only two players who have won the flag after being taken at 1 - Luke Hodge ( #1 2001 -Hawthorn, flags won in 08,13,15,14) and Des Headland (#1 1998 Lions, 02).

Whether that trend continues into the future, who knows

And Hodge was an unusual situation as Hawthorn traded with Freo for the #1pick, had Freo turned down that offer and taken Hodge there is every chance that Hodge doesn't play in a flag for the Dockers.

Speaking of the #1 picks, there are only two players who have won the flag after being taken at 1 - Luke Hodge ( #1 2001 -Hawthorn, flags won in 08,13,15,14) and Des Headland (#1 1998 Lions, 02).

So best not to get another one or trade it away 😁

Tom Boyd and Drew Banfield were a number 1 pick, so that makes 4

Better piece

Just went and looked up the 2010 season - in Richmond’s first seven rounds, their closest loss was about seven goals and they had one loss of more than 100 points, before finally losing a close one against Hawthorn in R8, and notching their first win in R10 (against Port).

Went on to not finish bottom, with West Coast getting the wooden spoon, not that it mattered much with Gold Coast taking most of the top draftees.

Duck me he has no self awareness, does he?

It's not like he could have done something about it while at the AFL.
Too difficult?

There's no risk to challenging anything anymore. Just the cost of doing it.

That's why unless it's an obvious one clubs challenge all day, every day.

What the f*ck!? An intelligent, factual, well informed article that wasn't peppered by predictable, belligerent, reactionary shite in the comment section..?!?!?

Had to inspect my coffee cup to see if it had been spiked with LSD.
I mean, it could still be lsd.

I think the Harley/JHF/Tarryn Thomas trifecta has unsettled us all - understandably so. It’s almost like if we had missed out on Carey/Longmire/Schwass back in the day.

But by the same token, back then we missed out on Buckley, stuffed up signing Scott Wynd, and gave away Liberatore, Derek Kickett and Tim Mcgrath for frig all but we made it work.

And Longmire was a peripheral player after 1995, and after Schwass left the club, we had our best H&A season in 98 and another flag in 99.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back