Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m struggling just to watch us play let alone watch the press conference.
I will continue to watch (as difficult as it is) but listening to "we know where we are at" every week has become too much to bear.

Sadly, true. I have a few rellos and friends with younger kids who are members and some of them just won't go to the footy now. It is a big problem. Losing the 'rusted on' love of youngsters now will hurt us going forward. I know there is no easy 'snap the fingers' way to start winning but the heartless, unaccountable way many of our boys are playing now is damaging the club. 60 year plus member here and this is the most worried I have been about the future of the club. Five years of misery is enough but this year we go backwards? Doesn't add up. I won't miss a game - never have just because we are losing - but show me something. Players drop their heads early - they have tossed in the towel sometimes in the first quarter. Not acceptable any longer. Something has to give.

Sadly, true. I have a few rellos and friends with younger kids who are members and some of them just won't go to the footy now. It is a big problem. Losing the 'rusted on' love of youngsters now will hurt us going forward. I know there is no easy 'snap the fingers' way to start winning but the heartless, unaccountable way many of our boys are playing now is damaging the club. 60 year plus member here and this is the most worried I have been about the future of the club. Five years of misery is enough but this year we go backwards? Doesn't add up. I won't miss a game - never have just because we are losing - but show me something. Players drop their heads early - they have tossed in the towel sometimes in the first quarter. Not acceptable any longer. Something has to give.
I’m worried. All the time. We can’t sustain this.

Totally get this. I have half the number of years of membership that you have, and I've never felt as anxious about North as I do now. As you say, it's not necessarily about winning, it's about attitude and how we are showing up. Yes I too am 'staying the course' and will continue to support the club, but I don't blame people for un-rusting.

Totally get this. I have half the number of years of membership that you have, and I've never felt as anxious about North as I do now. As you say, it's not necessarily about winning, it's about attitude and how we are showing up. Yes I too am 'staying the course' and will continue to support the club, but I don't blame people for un-rusting.
Bit the same here. They ruin ya whole weekend and part of the week. Never ever felt like that about North in the past.

Driving home today i switched on the radio, Dwayne was taking talkback callers but stated he didn't want to talk about North because we are low hanging fruit, sad, but true.
It doesn’t usually stop them but there is literally nothing left to say. We are early steps on a long path and no one knows how we come out the other end. “Wait and see” is not interesting radio.

That Herald Sun article doesn't even make sense.

Oh north are bad, here's some obvious stats that prove it. I'm incapable of showing anything to show or suggest they will improve because I know nothing about football. Sheezel will be good in the midfield one day but not today. End of article

Everyone already knows we are shit. We have been for 5 years. It's an article written because it's easy, and given how easy it is to write how bad we are he's still done a shit job of it. AFL media is by far the worst it's ever been. My god

I’m worried. All the time. We can’t sustain this.
Yep, casual fans have tuned out. None of my North supporting family/friends other than my dad are still watching each week.

I can't emphasise how much we can't afford for this to continue.

Last edited:

This is something I am not sure how deeply the club has considered the long term impacts of. I mean North hasn't been relevant enough to get mass supporter buy-in since the '90s. I'm positive, certain even, that there are a lot more North fans than we're led to believe then the memberships numbers tell but they won't pay for them or attend games because we're shit.

And its hit the point now where we're so bad that fans are abandoning the club entirely, won't follow it, won't care and likely will never care until we're powerhouse levels again and I can't see where that even begins to happen.

The threat to move to Gold Coast was real, but this is just as real, and I really couldn't care less about how 'financially stable we are off-field', great, we've secured Arden St. but that matters for nought if on-field we're the shits forever and nobody cares. Supporters are the lifeblood of the club, and there's an entire generation that just doesn't care because why should they.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Table spoon of cement needed for a few of yas. Harden up. FFS. Showing as much heart as Baily scott right about now

All of us here are rusted on but the unfortunate reality is the club can't survive commercially if we are the only ones left and there are little to no young supporters coming through.

Highly conspiratorial however if the AFL did intentionally manufacture our demise, one major milestone would be the demoralisation of the supporter base.

They would need to show the footy world that North Melbourne FC cannot exist on its own with their dwindling crowd numbers and supporter base.

However we’ve had record membership numbers all throughout the darkest on-field days. No debt and brand new facilities.

So telling the AFL to gagf for the second time should be easier than in 2007.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences of your speech
Freedom of speech is saying you might disagree, even completely disagree, but I will defend your right to say it. Give me this any day over the alternative.

Last edited:
Oh f#ck off. Take this shite off here. This is a football forum not some God-bothering lunatic asylum. Carlson is a blight and so it seems are you. Be off with you.
I responded to a comment from someone else. Wasn't talking to you. Don't like it? Couldn't care less. Politely, get stuffed!

Last edited:

Respectfully, all that you are describing in terms of the players closely matches what many of us are doing ourselves as supporters. We've dropped our heads, we are half-hearted, and we expect failure. I appreciate that we are not pulling on the boots ourselves, and we can do very little to impact the results, but the way we start autopsy threads before halftime of games, for instance, yet expect the players to fight it out to the very end despite a 10 goal deficit, is a little bit rich.

We get more praise from opposition players than clarko in his Presser's

Clarko is always too busy praising the opposition, how good they are, how good specific their players are

Needs to be directing that confidence to us, not the other teams
Clarko gets to talk to North Melbourne players anytime he likes and doesn't need to communicate to them through the media.

That Herald Sun article doesn't even make sense.

Oh north are bad, here's some obvious stats that prove it. I'm incapable of showing anything to show or suggest they will improve because I know nothing about football. Sheezel will be good in the midfield one day but not today. End of article

Everyone already knows we are s**t. We have been for 5 years. It's an article written because it's easy, and given how easy it is to write how bad we are he's still done a s**t job of it. AFL media is by far the worst it's ever been. My god

Over a 5 year period, journalists like that Hun peanut have become far worse at journalisting than we have at footballing. And you can quote me on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back