List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s slight, but if he’s quick enough and uses it well enough, he can clearly find the footy.
Even better than those things I think he has his dad,s brains and footy nous, as most people are aware Mickey has a fantastic footy brain.Thomas has been around the club since he was about 13 or 14 and is a natural footballer and though he is 18 mths away he is 1 we will be watching closer and closer as we get nearer his draft year.

Even better than those things I think he has his dad,s brains and footy nous, as most people are aware Mickey has a fantastic footy brain.Thomas has been around the club since he was about 13 or 14 and is a natural footballer and though he is 18 mths away he is 1 we will be watching closer and closer as we get nearer his draft year.

Can you imagine how many training sessions Mick has dragged him along to while he was coaching? He would have been like the team mascot.

And here I thought he had a solid day…

6c62afed93b79435073709789cdf5193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Physical development, over that time, will play a big part.

That would be amazing. Mick’s #34 was the first I ever had on a Collingwood jumper, and I was there to see his seven bounces at the MCG. Bliss!

#7 Thomas McGuane
Midfielder | 177cm | 27/08/2007

Stats:
24 disposals, 8 marks, 2 goals

McGuane spent most of Saturday’s game out on the wing, where he swept back to support the defence and help transition the ball from end to end. He showed his class with two goals; the first being a terrific finish on the run, and the second a set shot on the angle. The 2025 Collingwood father-son prospect also got a late run at the centre bounces and is quite versatile in that regard.

#33 Luke Quaynor
Defender | 179cm | 17/03/2006

Stats:
16 disposals, 8 marks, 3 tackles

If Smith was a lone hand in midfield, Quaynor was Oakleigh’s main man down back. The Collingwood NGA prospect made his marking a feature, snapping up several intercepts with his powerful leap and clean takes in the air. Quaynor was also tasked with the kick-ins but proved he could find the ball on a high line, not just relying on the restarts to pad his stats. Like last week, he also got a late run in midfield and offered the usual notes of physicality and effort.

What’s the story with this kid?
What are his chances looking like draft wise and at what range for those who follow this a little more closely?
Ive seen some people rank him about #47 at this point.
He's not in vic metro (though did trial for it) or the academy, so safe to assume he'd be outside the top 40 prospects.
His coach (Ash Close) mentioned to me, he is draftable, bit its tough to break into the top 30 mids given how many mids this draft contains.

Last year in school footy he made a name for himself playing as a intercepting third defender, played some midfield/back at chargers in his bottom age year. But this year, been purely playing as an inside mid. A bit of forward too. He wanted to get some versatility, so can play a range of positions.

Ive seen some people rank him about #47 at this point.
He's not in vic metro (though did trial for it) or the academy, so safe to assume he'd be outside the top 40 prospects.
His coach (Ash Close) mentioned to me, he is draftable, bit its tough to break into the top 30 mids given how many mids this draft contains.

Last year in school footy he made a name for himself playing as a intercepting third defender, played some midfield/back at chargers in his bottom age year. But this year, been purely playing as an inside mid. A bit of forward too. He wanted to get some versatility, so can play a range of positions.
I, and I imagine the club, like this in a prospect. A decent sized versatile utility type would be handy

I, and I imagine the club, like this in a prospect. A decent sized versatile utility type would be handy
Especially one his size. Has the body of an afl player imo And thats even without having an afl pre-season.
He used to be in the rowing team, so that probably helped his strength.

Especially one his size. Has the body of an afl player imo And thats even without having an afl pre-season.
He used to be in the rowing team, so that probably helped his strength.
Endurance would be there from rowing.

Whilst he has hype and has played well at APS level, it is only school footy. There’s a big bridge between that and even Coates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Endurance would be there from rowing.

Whilst he has hype and has played well at APS level, it is only school footy. There’s a big bridge between that and even Coates.

Oh yes I know. He does solidly at Coates. The games he is able to play. Given all the mids they have to rotate. At least they can put him forward or back if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back