Review Colgate Young Guns vs Vic Metro, Sat 7/5 @ 4.30pm, vs Vic Country, Sat 15/5 @ 1.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

VIC METRO v YOUNG GUNS SQUADS

COLGATE YOUNG GUNS

# NAMESURNAMEDOBHTCOMMUNITY
CLUB
NAB LEAGUE REGION /
VFL CLUB
1MassimoD'Ambrossio5-06-2003178Point CookWestern Jets
2HarveyGallagher26-09-2003177SandhurstBendigo Pioneers
3PaddyCross14-02-2003181Nar Nar GoonGippsland Power
4EuriahHollard11-03-2003175Newtown & ChilwellGeelong Falcons
5PatrickDozzi27-06-2003185MontmorencyNorthern Knights
6TylerNorton8-05-2003184Wangaratta
Magpies
Murray Bushrangers
7OskarFaulkhead11-02-2003179WentworthBendigo Pioneers
8HamishSinnott25-11-2003186Camperdown FCGWV Rebels
9MaxWalton6-11-2003182Phillip IslandGippsland Power
10JamiesonBallantyne16-04-2003183Portland FCGWV Rebels
11CharlieMolan23-01-2003187Mount ClearGWV Rebels / Williamstown
12ZavierMaher5-05-2002185Shepparton UnitedCarlton VFL
13LachlanCarrigan9-12-2002191Hampton RoversRichmond VFL
14HugoHall-Kahan22-09-2003188Old HaileyburySandringham Dragons
15JedRule10-06-2003191Box Hill HawksOakleigh Chargers
16TyreeceLeiu14-04-2003194Rowville FCEastern Ranges
17JaiCulley24-02-2003193Langwarrin FCDandenong Stingrays
20RyanEyers22-04-2003198Corowa RutherglenMurray Bushrangers
22JeromeLawrence18-07-2003196BlackburnOakleigh Chargers
24SamuelGrant4-04-2003199Old CareyNorthern Knights
26FletcherHart1-07-2003200AlburyMurray Bushrangers
27TobyMurray3-11-2003200Wangaratta RoversMurray Bushrangers
28MaxRamsden19-04-2003202Old MelbourniansSandringham Dragons

VICTORIA METRO U18

#NAMESURNAMEDOBHTCOMMUNITY CLUB/SCHOOLNAB LEAGUE
REGION
1MasonHelleren03-02-04172South CroydonEastern Ranges
2JasonMcCormick11-02-04174Eltham/Box Hill SCNorthern Knights
3JoshBennetts09-08-04178Rowville/RowvilleEastern Ranges
4CamNyko25-11-05178Healesville/Mount LilydaleEastern Ranges
5KaiWindsor27-01-04179Lysterfield/Rowville Sports AcademyEastern Ranges
6CameronKizan03-06-04181Point Cook/Maribyrnong Sports AcademyWestern Jets
7CharlieClarke04-01-04182Port Melbourne ColtsSandringham Dragons
8PaulPascu20-08-04183Oak Park/PenolaCalder Cannons
10HarrySheezel13-10-04184Ajax/Mount Scopus CollegeSandringham Dragons
11CalebWindsor09-06-05184Lysterfield/RowvilleEastern Ranges
12MitchellRowe26-05-04186Mordialloc Braeside/Parkdale SCSandringham Dragons
14BenHempel07-06-04187Mordialloc Braeside/St Bede's CollegeSandringham Dragons
15CallumVerrell22-04-04187Lysterfield/St Joseph CollegeEastern Ranges
16JackNewitt13-02-03189Sunbury LionsCalder Cannons
17NateCaddy14-07-05191Yarrambat/Parade CollegeNorthern Knights
18JackChubb26-02-04194Montmorency/Box Hill SCNorthern Knights
19JacksonMcMenamin29-03-04195HillsideWestern Jets
20RileyWeathrill21-11-05195East Ringwood/Ringwood SCEastern Ranges
21DaneHarvey10-05-04197Fitzroy/Maribyrnong CollegeNorthern Knights
22LewisHayes17-12-04197Lysterfield/Rowville Sports AcademyEastern Ranges
23WillGreen08-09-05202Northcote/Thornbury HighNorthern Knights
24HudsonO'Keefe16-12-04202Camberwell Sharks/Camberwell HighOakleigh Chargers
25ClayTucker09-08-04203Rowville/St Joseph CollegeEastern Ranges

Who do you guys think would be a good MSD choice for West Coast? I only really know a bit about Ramsden

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who do you guys think would be a good MSD choice for West Coast? I only really know a bit about Ramsden

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Depends on what you are looking for. Im guessing, anything.
I jest, if you need a big mid Jai Culley would be a good one.
But WCE usually and may go for local talent.

Reposting from the 2023 cohort board.

I only watched the last qtr of the young guns v vm game and during that time no 2005 stood out. What were the first 3 qtrs like For the 2005 born? I heard C. Windsor was good early?

Reposting from the 2023 cohort board.

I only watched the last qtr of the young guns v vm game and during that time no 2005 stood out. What were the first 3 qtrs like For the 2005 born? I heard C. Windsor was good early?
I went to the game last night. Both Windsor boys were good early but not really sighted in second half.
Hempel was probably best for VM
Sheezel kicked 5 which was solid couple lucky ones but his fwd craft exceptional. Did get caught holding the ball a few times. This was what stood out the most as the YG looked bigger and stronger and that year or two development shows.
Pascu tried hard physically didn’t get much of the footy though.
Clarke was creative with ball in hand he might of had 20 odd possessions with a few i50’s a hand in 3/4 goal assist.
Of the 05’s I like the look of Caddy raw but has long arms presents well and good leg speed.
For YG culley looks a real player. I’d be shocked if he isn’t afl listed this year.
D’Ambrossio was very good, uses ball well,
Gallagher with 5/6 goals was good and benefited from his teams dominance.
Ramsden was ok kicked a couple of goals.
Molan, murry, Maher & faulkhead all had some good moments.
Hudson O’keefe I must mention also had some good moments taking some nice marks and was great at the stoppages with his hit outs.
I’ll just finish saying I think VM boys did fairly well considering I think probably 15 first choice players were not in the team. That young guns side would account for full strength SA & WA state teams in my opinion.

I went to the game last night. Both Windsor boys were good early but not really sighted in second half.
Sheezel kicked 5 which was solid couple lucky ones but his fwd craft exceptional. Did get caught holding the ball a few times. This was what stood out the most as the YG looked bigger and stronger and that year or two development shows.
Clarke was creative with ball in hand he might of had 20 odd possessions with a few i50’s a hand in 3/4 goal assist.
Of the 05’s I like the look of Caddy raw but has long arms presents well and good leg speed.
For YG culley looks a real player. I’d be shocked if he isn’t afl listed this year.
Hudson O’keefe I must mention also had some good moments taking some nice marks and was great at the stoppages with his hit outs.
I’ll just finish saying I think VM boys did fairly well considering I think probably 15 first choice players were not in the team. That young guns side would account for full strength SA & WA state teams in my opinion.
Nice wrap up. I’ll try watch the game today in between Mother’s Day duties 🤦
This game should be played when all players are availabl, not so sure the YG would beat a full strength VM side.

I think the last sentence is a step too far in reality, can't speak for WA but there's some pretty decent talent running around in the SANFL still these days including a fair smattering of ex AFL listed players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the last sentence is a step too far in reality, can't speak for WA but there's some pretty decent talent running around in the SANFL still these days including a fair smattering of ex AFL listed players.
I meant the u18 state teams not sanfl or wafl senior teams

Jai Culley the standout for me so far, Essendon will be kicking themselves if they can’t get an MSD pick being 3rd bottom as Culley is exactly the player they need.

I don't think pick 3 will be enough personally.

I think he goes to North or the Eagles, with the other taking Derksen.

Personally see WC going for Derksen being a WA kid and North taking Culley.

Regardless of needs, you don't pass on a 193cm 88kg midfielder that can kick, tackle and impact the scoreboard.

I don't think pick 3 will be enough personally.

I think he goes to North or the Eagles, with the other taking Derksen.

Personally see WC going for Derksen being a WA kid and North taking Culley.

Regardless of needs, you don't pass on a 193cm 88kg midfielder that can kick, tackle and impact the scoreboard.
Wouldn't North have a look at Leiu as a key defender?

Wouldn't North have a look at Leiu as a key defender?

Culley has played 3 games this season.

He absolutely wiped the floor with Eastern in Rnd 1 and despite it being a weakened Metro side (it was still a representative side and a step up from your average Nab League side) he kicked 4 goals in a half from midfield over the weekend.

If he continues the same form for the next 3-4 weeks prior to the MSD, he's getting picked at #1. He's the same size as Bontempelli, they don't come along often in National Drafts, let alone MSD's. Especially one that's been described as having abnormally good footskills for a tall midfielder.

In fact, I think he'd go in the first round of the draft at the end of the year in his current form given his size, defensive ability, footskills and natural goal-scoring ability from midfield, being a former half forward.

Likewise, I think Derksen looms as a top 25 ND Harry Taylor type prospect, given his growth spurt and agility.

Last edited:
Culley has played 3 games this season.

He absolutely wiped the floor with Eastern in Rnd 1 and despite it being a weakened Metro side (it was still a representative side and a step up from your average Nab League side) he kicked 4 goals in a half from midfield over the weekend.

If he continues the same form for the next 3-4 weeks prior to the MSD, he's getting picked at #1. He's the same size as Bontempelli, they don't come along often in National Drafts, let alone MSD's. Especially one that's been described as having abnormally good footskills for a tall midfielder.

In fact, I think he'd go in the first round of the draft at the end of the year in his current form given his size, defensive ability, footskills and natural goal-scoring ability from midfield, being a former half forward.

Likewise, I think Derksen looms as a top 25 ND Harry Taylor type prospect, given his growth spurt and agility.
Do you guys have a pick in he MSD?

Came off late in game vs Bendigo with shoulder injury. May have kept him out. He's been playing terrific football in NAB league so far, would have been good to see him perform in this game
👍 he was listed as no’s 5 on original squad
Will he play next game vs VIC Country

Remove this Banner Ad

Back