Toast Coffield and Clark sign on for 2 more years

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes great news , now they have to secure Wilkie , Butler , Billings , Membery , Jones , Byrnes - others off contract Ross FA , Kent , Ryder , Lonie , Carlisle , Connolly , Dunstan

Yep a few to go but a damn good start, get a few wins and the signings will snowball.

Good news. Huge list of re-signings to make this year so we're off to a good start.

Can’t see any of our core moving on the way we are heading. I’m not worried.

Can’t see any of our core moving on the way we are heading. I’m not worried.
I'm not either but still a bit of anxiety until the deals are done. We have about 15 players this year OOC.

I'm not either but still a bit of anxiety until the deals are done. We have about 15 players this year OOC.

Yep, but we’ll have the money for them if no one is too greedy. Don’t see them leaving a team on the up. Have we ever, in the 2000s, lost a player we wanted to keep?

Yep, but we’ll have the money for them if no one is too greedy. Don’t see them leaving a team on the up. Have we ever, in the 2000s, lost a player we wanted to keep?
If we have it's bloody hard to remember one. Maybe Matty Maguire but he was past his prime. Xavier Clarke left in the same year, but perhaps past it as well.

Barry Hall the obvious one just thinking about it now.

I know we didn't (St Kilda) want to keep and we did well out of the trade but I'm still gobsmacked at losing Big Boy.

Bit like George nervous re having to sign some quality players but reckon we will be right. Have a strong list this year across lines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we have it's bloody hard to remember one. Maybe Matty Maguire but he was past his prime. Xavier Clarke left in the same year, but perhaps pas
Completely forgot about McEvoy

McEvoy did not ask to go. That was the club‘s idea.
I was talking about players who chose to leave the club for greener pastures. Don’t remember much about Barry Hall leaving ( before my time in Aus maybe) but even then, weren’t we semi happy to see him go?

McEvoy did not ask to go. That was the club‘s idea.
I was talking about players who chose to leave the club for greener pastures. Don’t remember much about Barry Hall leaving ( before my time in Aus maybe) but even then, weren’t we semi happy to see him go?
From memory Barry definitely wanted to go and let us know about it in the years after.

McEvoy was the definition of a sell high trade for us. You don’t see them too often in this game. Not sure we’d have been much better off with him over the years, may have missed Marshall for instance.

just a shame the trade that started promising for us has ended up a pretty poor loss.

right I’m in the hunter and coff thread. Super excited to see these two locked away and I reckon they’ll be a touch more expensive come the end of 2023. Calling them both AA ;)

Excellent, these were the two most important re-signings IMO. Not too worried about any of the rest - the only ones who might test the waters seriously are Billings, Ross and Carlisle. But personally not super worried if any of those three wander off as long as we get some compensation back.

Fantastic news! I get real Rowell-Anderson vibes from these two - best mates who most likely will stay together at the one club for their whole career. Looking forward to seeing them both improve with every game!

Excellent, these were the two most important re-signings IMO. Not too worried about any of the rest - the only ones who might test the waters seriously are Billings, Ross and Carlisle. But personally not super worried if any of those three wander off as long as we get some compensation back.
Jake was lucky to get a deal , he will be begging us to keep him end of year , the other Two like you , not fussed about either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back