Roast coffee.afl

Remove this Banner Ad

So apparently Freo now has it's own branded coffee blend titled 'The Anchor'

Read over the press release - whoever wrote it needs to be fired. It's perfectly written in the 'ad pretending to be news' style including spouting independent reviews, and how good the roaster is. Cringe worthy copywriting.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-12-20/freo-dockers-new-recruit-has-brewed

A recent independent review rated the quality of the Coffee.AFL premium blend above some of the leading capsule brands in today’s market. For the industry experts and self-confessed coffee enthusiasts, the freshness and bold flavour of the AFL blend is a true winner.

During the blind tasting session, feedback from a professional coffee roaster and panelist said the flavour was so good he wouldn’t have to add sugar. According to the panel, this is a good indication of the quality of the beans and the roasting process.

“It is well balanced, with a good symmetry of flavour…kind of toffee, malt sweetness in the length, so you get a nice sweet resonance after you have tasted the coffee.”

Following this successful review, it is fair to say Coffee.AFL would make the perfect Christmas gift for any Fremantle fan and coffee lover.

Last edited:

Btw, isn't there already a beverage named anchor?

4fed77e3975e7e2c29b25a4bfd80e252.jpg

Damn. After many months, I finally managed to find a bottle of sailor jerry (literally few minutes ago).
Dang, this advertising thing is working....

You seriously took that long ?
Walk into any bottle shop, aim in the general vicinity of the spirits then look for the bottle with the 'discounted' tag on it in the rum section. You'll end up with Jerry's or captain Morgan - garuanteed!

Waterhouse blend - Big bold & mysterious.

Kickett blend - aroma really hits you in the face like you are Phil Read.

Thornton blend - perfect for vampires.

Solomon blend - not recommended for rangas

Carr blend - to aggravate the eagle in your life

Sooooo... are they actually doing different beans/blends for every team or are they just swapping the colour of the packaging? If they're really serious about going this direction, they should at least give it a bit more effort.

More importantly, will they be selling beans?

It would have been way more interesting to get a local roaster from each state to create a blend or coffee for each club. Yahava and Fiori for starters make fantastic coffee - and I'm sure there are more small roasters that can do a good brew!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sooooo... are they actually doing different beans/blends for every team or are they just swapping the colour of the packaging? If they're really serious about going this direction, they should at least give it a bit more effort.

More importantly, will they be selling beans?

It would have been way more interesting to get a local roaster from each state to create a blend or coffee for each club. Yahava and Fiori for starters make fantastic coffee - and I'm sure there are more small roasters that can do a good brew!

Geisha is already in Freo. They do a nice brew

And I usually just prefer the straight up Italian style Espresso beans

I mean just get Gelatis to import something and Freo can just chuck a label on it

I'm a Fiori or Five Senses person myself. I really hope they prioritise having good coffee available at Cockburn. Surely one of the great cafes around would consider expanding with an extra presence down that way? And agree with others, it would have made a lot of sense to partner with a local roaster. We have some of the best coffee roasters in the world right here in WA, would have made it far more meaningful than a single coffee blend rebranded 18 times.

Gesha do a fantastic blend - the medium roasts are great

I'm a Fiori or Five Senses person myself. I really hope they prioritise having good coffee available at Cockburn. Surely one of the great cafes around would consider expanding with an extra presence down that way? And agree with others, it would have made a lot of sense to partner with a local roaster. We have some of the best coffee roasters in the world right here in WA, would have made it far more meaningful than a single coffee blend rebranded 18 times.

Would have made more sense, but it's an AFL level partnership with a branded coffee company - so Freo would have had little say in it. A real pity - if it was a local roaster i'd be keen to support

I swear by Black Gold from Yahava, have tried a lot of beans and it's the one my hubby and I always go back to. I will have to ship it across when I am in SA.

Fiori do a great selection of small batch roasts, and their Mexican decaf is my favourite.

I've never tried Gesha, there are always so many people there and nowhere to park!

I've worked my way through all their coffees and the Black Gold is a goody.
Yahava have been more than generous in dealings with the community too.

I'll miss them! I hope I find good roasts in Adelaide. We also sample their specialty estates regularly, and the Sta. Ana (the current one) is a beauty

A local girl who had worked for them for 2mths broke her leg playing sport.It was a bad break and slow to heal but Yahava continued paying her for at least 4mths until she returned to work.
Another local woman bought one of the earliest Yahava franchises with the standard fitted out Ford Transit diesel van.
Six months down the track the motor blew and while they had no obligation to, Yahava paid for a replacement motor to be installed.
Some old school values in the corporation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back