Club Colours that are OFF THEIR NUT

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the dodgiest set of colours?

The green and red (toffee apples) and red and gold (twisties) combinations are pretty sensational, and the green and tan of UHSOB are even more dodgy. Pink and white probably runs in at #5.

But here's my favourite so far!

http://www.footypedia.com/00002131.htm (F-Ref 2131)

Bushfield Football Club (Vic)

Guernseys & Nicknames :
Early - Bushfield wore violet and green colours.

CARN BUSHFIELD!!!

Prior to joining the Adelaide University - Roseworthy College played in black guernseys with a pink sash.
They were called the Pink Panthers

Having played against the Morphettville Park Twisties on a few occasions I'd have to say their Yellow and Red is pretty ghastly!
Having said that, they did improve their guernsey's look, it used to be the 70s style mainly red with 2 yellow vertical stripes down the side but in recently years they werea a red and yellow guernsey based on the same design as the NM Kangaroos first away guernsey.
They used to wear yellow shorts at home and white shorts away!
yuk!

As if being called the Kookaburras isnt bad enough, but dont go much on Kenilworths White, Royal blue and Brown Guernsey. Torrens Valleys Average mix of White, Black, Red And Blue isnt overly Appealing either!!!

Two "toffee apples" (for Kev) - Pines (MPNFL) and The Basin (Eastern), although Pines wear a lighter shade of green.

I recall South Toowoomba in the Darling Downs being called the Pinkies for wearing I think the same guernsey as Roseworthy!

Nothing wrong with purple and gold, Mud! Vermont wear purple with a gold eagle emblem, and Altona also wear purple and gold. I don't think either the Eagles or the Vikings would be overly impressed being called the Violet Crumbles - although Altona certainly crumbled this year! ;)

Red and yellow depends on the design. Red with a yellow vee is OK (I think Therry used to wear that in the VAFA).

I think Glenorchy's are really off Green, Black, and White, and their jumper. Well I will let the following picture, tell the story....

Glenorchy.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have to say that the VAFA would have to be the most prolific producers of ugly jumpers. Here's my top 10 shockers from this league. Should also acknowledge there are some very good and original designs from many of the other clubs.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Banyule AFC

4.gif

Brunswick Power AFC

8.gif

Bulleen Cobras AFC

9.gif

Bulleen-Templestowe AFC

10.gif

Collegians

12.gif

Glen Eira

17.gif

Melbourne High School Old Boys

25.gif

Monash Blues

26.gif

Old Essendon Grammarians

35.gif

Prahran AFC

49.gif

Originally posted by The Scarecrow
I think Glenorchy's are really off Green, Black, and White, and their jumper.

HEY HEY HEY!!!

Lay off the green, black and white combination, Scarecrow! That's Donvale's colours!! (Think St.Kilda guernsey - the one with the cross design - but replace the red with green)

Anyone dissing the Vale's jumper in my presence does so at their peril! That's as bad as tearing down the hill (read: take away the grog) at Prospect right in Wedgie's face! ;)

(Just being a nut case, Wedge!)

Originally posted by Lidge
I'd have to say that the VAFA would have to be the most prolific producers of ugly jumpers.
Monash Blues

26.gif

Old Essendon Grammarians

35.gif

Are you kidding? These two jumpers are two of my favourites (and I'm not just saying that out of Monash patriotism).

Originally posted by goaldrush
Lake Wendouree's colours are Green and Gold and they look really bad.

Same with Gordon's, Suz-- they're in green & gold, a gold eagle in flight against a green background, and that looks classy.

Watching Dunnstown and Ballan last weekend, those look like traditional jumpers (Ballan in navy blue with white trim, and Dunnstown in black-and-white thirds), but it was sometimes hard to tell those teams apart, especially in the crappy weather.

It's even worse when Dunnstown plays Clunes (who sport black-and-white stripes, á lá Collingwood).

Some of the teams in the CHFL are in dire need of a change strip...

Originally posted by Uncle Steve
I reckon the SA state side once wore BROWN and TURQUOISE. Will have to check up on that...

SA's state colors:

1879 red, white and blue

1891 black and white

1907 purple and white horizontal bands.

1908 Guernsey was brown, with turquoise cuffs, armbands and socks. YEUCCH!

1930 red yellow and navy chosen.

The now-familiar tricolour remained, except for a brief period in the early '80s when white was added to a panelled guernsey design.

Originally posted by you_idiot
Same with Gordon's, Suz-- they're in green & gold, a gold eagle in flight against a green background, and that looks classy.

Watching Dunnstown and Ballan last weekend, those look like traditional jumpers (Ballan in navy blue with white trim, and Dunnstown in black-and-white thirds), but it was sometimes hard to tell those teams apart, especially in the crappy weather.

It's even worse when Dunnstown plays Clunes (who sport black-and-white stripes, á lá Collingwood).

Some of the teams in the CHFL are in dire need of a change strip...
The lake wendouree jumper is green with a gold anchor on it and it looks disgraceful.

Don't mind Gordon's jumper though.

Bacchus Marsh's jumper is pretty gross looking as well.

I like ANY guernsey design that doesn't just slavishly copy an AFL team (same goes for nicknames that we talked about on an earlier thread). But, having said that.

Worst I've ever played in (under 17) was the Newcastle (NSW) combined league representative team:

Think St Kilda, with Dark Green, White & Brown panels, a Brown back, white number & shorts, Dark Green socks with 2 thin brown stripes around the top.

Worst I've ever coached (under 18) was the Central Coast (NSW) combined league representative team:

Orange & Black stripes with an Orange back, white number & white shorts. Black socks with Orange tops.

Both ordinary, and as the major rep fixtures of the year were against one another, it made a very attractive picture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back