Injury Clark Confirmed Out for the Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this coming and don't think we will say much of Clark at all in his entire MFC career.

He's had a fine MFC career, unfortunately it's only lasted about 10 games.

Classic farce/shambles if he doesn't play more than a handful of games and we've managed to blow another high draft pick by accident. You can't help bad luck, but * me could we have anything but?

I swear to who ever is worth swearing to, if I could go back in time and stop the MFC / Norm Smith relationship going sour - I'd do it in a heart beat :mad:

Does that mean you'd draft Boyd?
If he's there at our pick then absolutely! He's the best available so grab him. Besides KPF on the trade table command an absolute premium as they are just so rare.

If Clark comes good then he becomes our long term replacement for Jamar.

Both the Saints and Bulldogs will be very, very keen on Boyd I would say, he would fit their needs much better than ours. Could we pull a shifty deal to upgrade one of those clubs to pick #2 in return for a player?

Both the Saints and Bulldogs will be very, very keen on Boyd I would say, he would fit their needs much better than ours. Could we pull a shifty deal to upgrade one of those clubs to pick #2 in return for a player?
Spot on. Boyd is the type you can build a side around.

I would implore the club to look at such an option. I'm sure the dogs would look at Griffen and P5 for him.

The issue is we can't assure the Dogs or others of him unless we finish last or get a round 1 PP. I wuldnt at all be shocked to see GWS take him even if they land Buddy.

I think the thought process is picks 5 and 6 for pick 1 which is reasonable - but nobody gives away the player they already have.

Can I have some of what you guys are on, must be some potent stuff, you're in la la land

Okay champ, what would you give up for the first pick in the draft and a guarantee that you can draft Tom Boyd - the best KPF talent from Victoria in about 5 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you trade Jones for pick 1? Exactly. We'd be lucky to get Griffen straight.

Um, yes - yes I would trade Jones if a club offered pick one.

Assuming he wanted to leave, I'd take it and run.

Um, yes - yes I would trade Jones if a club offered pick one.

Assuming he wanted to leave, I'd take it and run.

But does Griffin want to leave?

You'd trade Jones for Gibbs/Kreuzer/Watts/Scully/Swallow?

But does Griffin want to leave?

You'd trade Jones for Gibbs/Kreuzer/Watts/Scully/Swallow?

No, Griffen wouldn't want to leave - and Jones wouldn't either (please, God).

Would a club offer pick one for Jones? That's the question.

Can I have some of what you guys are on, must be some potent stuff, you're in la la land
Maybe so and look it’s all hypothetical of course. But it’s a seller’s market and P1, and my statement is predicated on us having P1 to trade, has untested worth. Has P1 ever been traded before, certainly not in recent times? What would a Freo be prepared to offer? I’m sure GC would love to get that big marking threat to complement the more mobile Day and Lynch.

If teams like the dogs want to draft a real power KPF then Boyd is as good as any that has come through in recent times and basically the only option early this year. Griffen is an elite player, but at his age and given the Dogs won’t realistically be a flag chance for at least 5 years it might be something worth consideration.

Maybe so and look it’s all hypothetical of course. But it’s a seller’s market and P1, and my statement is predicated on us having P1 to trade, has untested worth. Has P1 ever been traded before, certainly not in recent times? What would a Freo be prepared to offer? I’m sure GC would love to get that big marking threat to complement the more mobile Day and Lynch.

If teams like the dogs want to draft a real power KPF then Boyd is as good as any that has come through in recent times and basically the only option early this year. Griffen is an elite player, but at his age and given the Dogs won’t realistically be a flag chance for at least 5 years it might be something worth consideration.

Luke McPharlin, Trent Croad and pick 20ish for pick 1 (Luke Hodge).

Do the Dogs have that kind of quality on their list?

Yeah no-one is stupid enough to make the mistakes that Fremantle made back in their early days, we are dreaming if we think they will give up their contracted best player for a shot at an 18-yo full forward.

Aish looks like quite the player.

What's the chance of us getting Oliver Wines to come back to Victoria next season? Would a trade of Pick 1 for Wines + Port's first pick happen? They'd be pretty keen on the South Australians Aish and Dunstan there you'd think, or even Boyd - KPF stocks are slim given Butcher's inconsistency and Schulz's age. Might give Westhoff some support?

If not then maybe Pick 1 -> WB and Wines + WB first pick to us and something from WB to Port? We could throw any number of spuds onto the trade as well...

Aish looks like quite the player.

What's the chance of us getting Oliver Wines to come back to Victoria next season? Would a trade of Pick 1 for Wines + Port's first pick happen? They'd be pretty keen on the South Australians Aish and Dunstan there you'd think, or even Boyd - KPF stocks are slim given Butcher's inconsistency and Schulz's age. Might give Westhoff some support?

If not then maybe Pick 1 -> WB and Wines + WB first pick to us and something from WB to Port? We could throw any number of spuds onto the trade as well...

There is no chance barring Port not winning another game for the rest of the season, in Melbourne-esque style.

so your telling me the one thing that i have been waiting out for this year which is seeing both our best forwards playing in the one game will have to wait until next year!

how long must i endure before i can see clarky and dawesy unite together in the side!

so your telling me the one thing that i have been waiting out for this year which is seeing both our best forwards playing in the one game will have to wait until next year!

how long must i endure before i can see clarky and dawesy unite together in the side!

By the time that they're both in the side together, we may have assembled a decent enough midfield to actually get the ball down to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back