Event Christmas with Uncle Tony

Remove this Banner Ad

KDbL9rU.jpg

Ever since that Christmas when I wanted a Pac man machine. Mum and Dad were too poor so instead of Pac man I got the Dick Smith rip off off called Puki and the Monsters.

Christmas has never ever been cool after that day.

Today I learned Tony Lynn 15 hates Christmas.

Disgusting.

This year, I was shocked to learn that Tony Lynn 15, man of the people, affectionately known as Uncle Tony to all, hates Christmas.

Something just wasn’t right.

Having got to know Tones on our boys weekend away, I have never met a more thoughtful, caring and sensitive man in all my days. This rocked me to my core.

It wasn’t always like this you see. Why, just a few seasons ago he gleefully shared his love of Christmas with future teammate Ava in her Christmas thread.
Outstanding Ava...all except the part about the Bombers losing!
So Avatarp is this the perfect place after a days shopping for Santa to empty out his sack?

Not to mention his warm, heartfelt christmas message to his Bombers teammates in S26...
Hello fellow Baghdad Bombers!

I trust you have all had a great Christmas with the ones you love (and in some cases the ones you cannot stand) and are looking forward to a magnificent New Years.

And even his Carlton brethren were on the end of some signature Tony Lynn christmas cheer.
Wishing everyone a great Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.

Yet in S28, current day Tony despises Christmas, especially Christmas threads…

Yeah not too much different to the Christmas message one that will pop up in a month. Oh wait, that's right I forgot.
Don't stress mate, The Christmas thread is fine because it is about the SFA. Wink ,wink.....
When it was put to him that the Christmas thread was particularly relevant to all those caring folk of the SFA community...
Relevant? Really? Each to their own mate.....especially when it is a mate of yours I guess.

Could it be that Tony genuinely has a problem with Christmas? :'(

This really hasn’t sat comfortably with me since. I decided to get Tony a present this year after we bonded on our boys weekend, and so off I went to Goldfingers to get some more vouchers for the great man, and I thought I’d pop in to Uncle Tony's House when he was out to drop off his present and speak to Mrs TL15 about it all, to try and understand where this Grinch that’s so out of character came from.

So she gave me a tour of the house, I especially enjoyed the tour of Tony’s man cave (lots of posters of Coachy in his undies, likewise a young Mark McClure, and I particularly liked the signed Mick Malthouse in a beret poster in pride of place) as well as the 'workbench', it was pretty creaky and felt abit unstable but we managed. Afterwards, she fixed me a warm cup of cocoa, and we sat down to discuss it all. She was shocked to hear Tony had been so anti-christmas on the boards, thanked me for my concern and for letting her know, as she went to grab their Christmas photo albums to show me his softer side.

V1os6Ii.jpg

Christmas 2017, Tony just couldn't wait to unwrap his first present

gMNjqf1.jpg

Christmas 2016, Tony and TheCoach16 after Tony surprised Coachy with a visit and a french bulldog puppy!

tDVrJAE.jpg

Christmas 2015, Tony eagerly pouring out the christmas toast of champagne, his favourite! yum yum!

So it turns out, Tony has always loved Christmas, but I guess with the crushing weight of expectation on his shoulders at Baghdad to commit to his tough guy persona, somewhere some time ago he lost his Christmas cheer.

It’s time we let Tony know it’s ok to love Christmas, and that under that harsh exterior, we all know there’s a gooey centre.

Please, good kind folk of the Sweet FA community, tag Tony with your Christmas wishes and let’s get behind him and fill the man to overflowing with ‘Christmas spirit’.

Merry Christmas Tony! :christmastree:🎅:kissingheart:

Last edited:

gMNjqf1.jpg

Christmas 2016, Tony and @TheCoach16 after Tony surprised Coachy with a visit and a french bulldog puppy!
Oh this was a beautiful photo, what a happy couple. Congrats Tony Lynn 15 and TheCoach16. To see you smile when you've both found true happiness has absolutely been the best present I could have wished for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

beez has been won mate, slow down with the freds and enjoy the off season.
I'm pretty easy this time of year.

Sing a few carols, quote a few lines from Love Actually and accompany me to the cricket on Boxing Day.

I'm pretty easy this time of year.

Sing a few carols, quote a few lines from Love Actually and accompany me to the cricket on Boxing Day.
qzYOTEu.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back