Lavy_Panther

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2005
Mumbai Dustbowl
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parthiv Patel
Anyone heard of this guy? anyone know what he's up to this year?

Was a consistent 100+ goal kicker for Lavington in the 90's, moved to away because of work commitments, i think he might still play?

The last time his name was mentioned was when he got the arse as coach of a team in the Geelong league.
The players revolted against him.
How many goals did he kick when the pressure was on in Sept?
Not many.
Lavington should have went back-to-back in 1996-97 with Stuhldreier kicking 100 goals both years for memory.
But, lost to Albury in '96 and was bundled out in the prelim final in '97 by Wodonga Raiders.

harsh said:
The last time his name was mentioned was when he got the arse as coach of a team in the Geelong league.
Not many.
Lavington should have went back-to-back in 1996-97 with Stuhldreier kicking 100 goals both years for memory.
But, lost to Albury in '96 and was bundled out in the prelim final in '97 by Wodonga Raiders.

I think it was fairly similar with GVL club Kyabram in the early 1990's...would kick bags full during the H and A, however the Bombers failed to get past the preliminary, despite CS's efforts...

harsh said:
Not many.

Stuhldrier gave Lavy a chance against an Albury side which were in the middle of an untouchable era. I think youre de-grading Albury by saying that the blues shouldve gone back to back.

Was he a playing coach in the Geelong league?

Lavy_Panther said:
Stuhldrier gave Lavy a chance against an Albury side which were in the middle of an untouchable era. I think youre de-grading Albury by saying that the blues shouldve gone back to back.

Was he a playing coach in the Geelong league?

He was with Bell Park...playing coach...not sure...

Albury were by no means "untouchable" in the era...

Weather helped them in 1995 against the ultimate flat track bulles, Wodonga...

Dropping Marty Semmler was not the smartest move...

not enough goals in big matches in the O and M for my liking considering the price he puts on his head.

it was no coincidence Lavi won the flag soon after he left the club..

arceri said:
not enough goals in big matches in the O and M for my liking considering the price he puts on his head.

it was no coincidence Lavi won the flag soon after he left the club..

Funny you say that, he left kyabram in 95, they went on to win the flag the following year under the guidance of Peter White

wouldn't hold a candle to Tim Sanson, Ray Mack, Doug Norton-Smith as they had the respect of teammates..

more potent when he got it lace out on the chest.

it's about respect and the drier didn't have much of it.

ask the Lavi boys and I reckon they would agree

My uncle's best mate reckons Sanson is No.1 by the length of Centaur Rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the call about Sanson, has delivered under pressure year-in, year-out.

Freddie Ednie reckons Stuhldrier slept with the light on.

Comparing the Drier to Sanson is like comparing Matty Lloyd to Brendan Fevola.

arceri said:
more potent when he got it lace out on the chest.

it's about respect and the drier didn't have much of it.

ask the Lavi boys and I reckon they would agree

My uncle's best mate reckons Sanson is No.1 by the length of Centaur Rd.

Tim, is, was, and always will be the Panthers best player in their first half-century in the O and M...

That means they've got 24 years to come up with somebody better...and, no disrespect to the club, they won't.

Lavy_Panther said:
Ask the players, hey? ;)

If we're talking about people getting it lace out on the chest.. lets talk about timba, best midfield in the comp by a long long way, brilliant delivery, Timba is a great bloke and a brilliant coach, but he'll be nothing more than a great kick, cleanish hands and a free kick appealer.

And Jocks Netballers, if you can say that he's the clubs best player, youve got alot of catching up to do on past players and history... considering Tim hasnt even won a single best and fairest award.

Ask anybody who has followed O and M footy in the last 25 years, who is the most influential player to wear the blue and white, and then the red, black, green and white, I redckon T.Sanson may come to mind.

Ask the O and M officials who saw Sanson deliver a goal in the inter-league final after the siren in the 1990s..

The Drier wouldn't have played because of the no coin policy.

Sanson had it all

Is Lavington where Paul McMaster played in the mid to late 90's, if so what type of player was he.

arceri said:
Ask the O and M officials who saw Sanson deliver a goal in the inter-league final after the siren in the 1990s..

The Drier wouldn't have played because of the no coin policy.

Sanson had it all

Stuhly was picking splinters out of his backside on the bench at the time.
Hang on.
No he wasn't.
He didn't get a game because he was over the hill at this point.

A quick history lesson champ.
In 1997, Chris Stuhldreier played on the bench in the Victorian Country Championships grand final win against Geelong at Geelong West.
No major impact.
He didn't represent the league in 1998 at all.
The forwards in the country championships gf against Geelong were Sanson, Matt Fowler and Steve Coghill.
Stuhly's influence in the O and M was well and truly on the wane at this point.
Lavington made the gf in 1998 and Heath Mooney restricted him to a modest return compared to his exploits in the second semi-final when he kicked a bag and the Blues won.
In 1999 Lavington lost the elimination final and Stuhldreier only kicked about 50 goals for the season.
Full-forwards are judged on the amount of goals they kick. Simple.
Stuhldreier was a good one at his peak, but give me Tim Sanson for year-in-, year-out value for money.
This is not a personal vendetta. I am simply pointing out the facts as you so kindly requested.

harsh said:
A quick history lesson champ.
In 1997, Chris Stuhldreier played on the bench in the Victorian Country Championships grand final win against Geelong at Geelong West.
No major impact.
He didn't represent the league in 1998 at all.
The forwards in the country championships gf against Geelong were Sanson, Matt Fowler and Steve Coghill.
Stuhly's influence in the O and M was well and truly on the wane at this point.
Lavington made the gf in 1998 and Heath Mooney restricted him to a modest return compared to his exploits in the second semi-final when he kicked a bag and the Blues won.
In 1999 Lavington lost the elimination final and Stuhldreier only kicked about 50 goals for the season.
Full-forwards are judged on the amount of goals they kick. Simple.
Stuhldreier was a good one at his peak, but give me Tim Sanson for year-in-, year-out value for money.
This is not a personal vendetta. I am simply pointing out the facts as you so kindly requested.

Good point,,,but HBF, too much time on your hands to know all of that...

Steve Coghill...the man with the dogdiest hamstrings in O and M history?

Lavy_Panther said:
Oh so Sanson in the last 3 years has been going awesome i see???

This year is Sansons best year in a looooooooonnngggg time. Id go as far as saying, in the last 3 years (not including this year) timba wouldve struggled to make the senior team, if it wasnt for his coaching role.

Buddy, CHF are based on how many marks they take, goals they kick and set up..... if we're going by your rationale.

Sanson is about as consistent as damp WACA wicket.

Someone sounds a bit bitter that they can't crack a senior game ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back