Games & Recreation Childhood toys that take your nostalgia to 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Next will be he-man I reckon. We used to have a heap of them as well (they were mainly my older brothers but would remember them easily)

1616639564806.png

Had one of these. Was ******* awesome.

Was anyone forced to go to church as a child? I was- I remember attending Sunday school up until about Grade 6.

Then joined the Youth Group around that same time, every Friday night.

Thankfully my mum grew out of her church phase, and we stopped going maybe around Year 9-10.

LOL yep, my brother and I were dragged along till probably till about Year 7 until mum just gave up, as we were irreverent little shits who hated every second of it. Dad never went, full blown atheist. Every Saturday we used to do everything in our power to get out of church, we'd even hide under our house (was raised from the ground on short stilts...common style up north back in the day). I briefly did youth group but it sucked so I never went back.

Anyone remember Marshall Bravestarr? I got the figurines and an action set for my birthday for my 8th? birthday and was the coolest thing at the time.

Also had Castle Greyskull posted by Jade, now that was the s**t. Had most of the He-men figurines too but they gradually ended been buried in the backyard along with Inspector Gadget and a few other toys that I never found again lmao.

LOL yep, my brother and I were dragged along till probably till about Year 7 until mum just gave up, as we were irreverent little shits who hated every second of it. Dad never went, full blown atheist. Every Saturday we used to do everything in our power to get out of church, we'd even hide under our house (was raised from the ground on short stilts...common style up north back in the day). I briefly did youth group but it sucked so I never went back.

Anyone remember Marshall Bravestarr? I got the figurines and an action set for my birthday for my 8th? birthday and was the coolest thing at the time.

Also had Castle Greyskull posted by Jade, now that was the sh*t. Had most of the He-men figurines too but they gradually ended been buried in the backyard along with Inspector Gadget and a few other toys that I never found again lmao.

I remember Marshall brave star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were doing some serious reminiscing about books we read as kids in another thread the other day;ie. Enid Blyton; Faraway Tree, Wishing Chair, Naughtiest Girl, Mr Galliano's Circus, Baby-sitters, Point Horror, Christopher Pike, Judy Blume, Alison Klein, John Marsden, Paul Jennings, Roald Dahl etc etc etc.

I raided my local library and put several titles on hold including Letters from the Inside, So Much to tell you and Came back to show you I could fly.

I had a Rubik's cube as a kid in early 80s, only ever managed to get 2 layers out.

Got one a couple of years ago and managed to get the whole thing solved a few times, but admittedly always takes me a while.

Similar to a cube, there was the Pyramid, anyone abler get that out.....from memory was quite easy. Then there was the "Snake", that you could manoeuvre into a ball, likewise fairly simple.

Anyone remember the little Mickey Mouse etc book/records that you could listen to and the words would be on the page too. Made a noise when it was time to turn the page.

I had Donkey Kong 2 (never really played the first one), and remember "clocking" that multiple times in one go. Likewise I had a single screen Popeye game that I practiced until I became fairly successful at it

Anyone remember the little Mickey Mouse etc book/records that you could listen to and the words would be on the page too. Made a noise when it was time to turn the page.
I had a Thomas the Tank engine book like that, but with an audio cassette rather than a record.

Building the Lego Optimus Prime today had me remember other Transformers merchandise I had while growing up. One was a Transformers - Decepticons water pistol. It was purple and had a weird "hose" that the water came out of when fired. Didn't stop me from making the shooting noises when I used it (the Decepticon plane firing noise to be exact :p).

Building the Lego Optimus Prime today had me remember other Transformers merchandise I had while growing up. One was a Transformers - Decepticons water pistol. It was purple and had a weird "hose" that the water came out of when fired. Didn't stop me from making the shooting noises when I used it (the Decepticon plane firing noise to be exact :p).
We went to the Lego store in Melbourne central today.....both kids, the missus and myself all came away with a Lego set each (went to Kmart though, they were cheaper )

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back