Check Out My Stuff!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Check out my band

Recorded Demo Tracks at Melbourne Records for the last few days. Go to www.myspace.com/ayerametal to have a listen.

This is really good stuff. The songs have a lot of later-era Kreator feel about them, mixing the aggression and thrash with some really cool melodies and clean guitar work. I've seen a lot of local bands over the last 15 years or so, and the thrash bands in particular tend to be pretty ordinary, and most serve up the same ineffectual tripe that leaves no lasting impression - this is WAY above most locals I've seen. Definitely a thumbs up from me. Will keep an eye out for gigs. :thumbsu:

Any rappers on here? Surely not everyone is a rock junkie. I'm yet to see one Aussie rap group/artist that I like except for 1200 techniques.

Any rappers on here? Surely not everyone is a rock junkie. I'm yet to see one Aussie rap group/artist that I like except for 1200 techniques.

Yeah mate I am a rapper, my music is at www.myspace.com/deepdarwin

Tell me what you think, my style isnt really like 1200 techniques so I dont know if you will really like it? But tell me what you think mate

Yeah mate I am a rapper, my music is at www.myspace.com/deepdarwin

Tell me what you think, my style isnt really like 1200 techniques so I dont know if you will really like it? But tell me what you think mate

You got a nice flow and the lyrics are solid, Pen to the Piper is probably my favourite of the four you have on their.
Though one thing I can't stand is the really heavy Aussie accent. Don't lose it completely, though change it up, just my opinion.
For example, like when you're singing. You're not trying to sing the exact way you talk, you put on a singing voice. Same thing here. Kind of like Scribe (I know he doesn't have a lot of fans on here, due to him trying to sound American according to people on here), he has a solid voice, though you can still tell he's not American.

Just my opinion. Digging everything except for the voice.

You got a nice flow and the lyrics are solid, Pen to the Piper is probably my favourite of the four you have on their.
Though one thing I can't stand is the really heavy Aussie accent. Don't lose it completely, though change it up, just my opinion.
For example, like when you're singing. You're not trying to sing the exact way you talk, you put on a singing voice. Same thing here. Kind of like Scribe (I know he doesn't have a lot of fans on here, due to him trying to sound American according to people on here), he has a solid voice, though you can still tell he's not American.

Just my opinion. Digging everything except for the voice.

Yeah I can understand where your coming from alot of Oz hip hop fans have a grudge on New Zealand for their lack of using their accent. I am still new in making music I only started September last year so I am still trying to come into my own.

Yeah I can understand where your coming from alot of Oz hip hop fans have a grudge on New Zealand for their lack of using their accent. I am still new in making music I only started September last year so I am still trying to come into my own.

Yer, I understand what you mean about the New Zealand thing. Though to me Aussie Hip Hop is just poetry with talking over the top of it, while American hip hop is sung and not just talked over.

I don't know if I am being ignorant, though this is something I've noticed. I usually don't like a lot of hip hop outside of America, especially British hip hop, though I've taken a liking to Dizzee Rascal, as he sings most of his verses, instead of just speaking over the top of a beat.

Also while searching on youtube for some talent, I found this guy, whose also British. I am already a big fan.

[youtube]hjNsT1DrEVQ[/youtube]

Like I said, don't usually like the UK accent but this guy is brilliant.

Also found this guy who is pretty darn good, though doesn't really have the hip hop look.

[youtube]8gFqRlbBjq4[/youtube]

This is really good stuff. The songs have a lot of later-era Kreator feel about them, mixing the aggression and thrash with some really cool melodies and clean guitar work. I've seen a lot of local bands over the last 15 years or so, and the thrash bands in particular tend to be pretty ordinary, and most serve up the same ineffectual tripe that leaves no lasting impression - this is WAY above most locals I've seen. Definitely a thumbs up from me. Will keep an eye out for gigs. :thumbsu:

Sorry i haven't replied mate i haven't checked this thread in a few weeks. That is some of the best kudos we've had, thanks a lot. As for gigs, if there are any in your area you know of coming up, give me a PM as we'd be more than happy to play anywhere at any time.
Thrash metal :thumbsu: \m/

Thanks mate, any criticism is also appreciated as it helps us to build upon what we have for the future.
Stay metal.

Listened to it a fair bit over the weekend.

I can hear a lot of Slayer, especially in parts of the drumming.

And on the drumming, that'd be my main criticism. The drummer is clearly very talented, but I think it's a little bit too intricate when the focus is on other parts of the band (like guitar or vocals). I'd like to see more of the intricate stuff at the start or end of solos or the song, and a bit more simple during the rest of the song. Look at Lars Ulrich, who shows in parts that he's an incredibly good drummer, but also has very simple rhythms when the focus is on Hetfield or Hammet. It's a pretty minor thing, but as you say, it helps you build.

Also if I were a record label (which is a long way from the truth:cool:) I'd want to hear a ballad, even if it's a harder, metal-y-er ballad (e.g. something like Nothing Else Matters, The Unforgiven etc.), just to see what the band - and especially your voice - sounds like in a different part of metal, so to speak.

As I said, love your work.

Recorded Demo Tracks at Melbourne Records for the last few days. Go to www.myspace.com/ayerametal to have a listen.

This usually isn't my kind of music but very impressive for a bunch of guys my age.

Don't know why someone had a cry over the vocalist :rolleyes: Sounds fine to me.

Keep up the good work and maybe eventually you can venture over the border and play at my partners pub in Adelaide ;):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This usually isn't my kind of music but very impressive for a bunch of guys my age.

Don't know why someone had a cry over the vocalist :rolleyes: Sounds fine to me.

Keep up the good work and maybe eventually you can venture over the border and play at my partners pub in Adelaide ;):thumbsu:

Thanks mate :), yeh we will be looking to gig in a much larger radius over the next 12 months or so as shit comes together and we release the EP etc, so i'll keep you posted.
Cheers.

Listened to it a fair bit over the weekend.

I can hear a lot of Slayer, especially in parts of the drumming.

And on the drumming, that'd be my main criticism. The drummer is clearly very talented, but I think it's a little bit too intricate when the focus is on other parts of the band (like guitar or vocals). I'd like to see more of the intricate stuff at the start or end of solos or the song, and a bit more simple during the rest of the song. Look at Lars Ulrich, who shows in parts that he's an incredibly good drummer, but also has very simple rhythms when the focus is on Hetfield or Hammet. It's a pretty minor thing, but as you say, it helps you build.

Also if I were a record label (which is a long way from the truth:cool:) I'd want to hear a ballad, even if it's a harder, metal-y-er ballad (e.g. something like Nothing Else Matters, The Unforgiven etc.), just to see what the band - and especially your voice - sounds like in a different part of metal, so to speak.

As I said, love your work.

Sorry i haven't been more prompt with my replies, don't check this thread too often. Good to see you thought our couple of tracks worth a bit of a decent listen, means a lot :thumbsu:.
Awesome pick up with the big Slayer influence in the drumming, would be his favourite band by a stretch so that is always going to shine through. I'll talk to him about what you said as well because it does make sense, so thanks for the input. The ballad idea is actually one which has been thrown around a bit with the band since we formed 18 or so months ago, so one day soon one might eventuate, i'll let you know, hopefully you'll stay posted on our myspace 4 updates on the EP etc. anyway :thumbsu:.

Sorry i haven't been more prompt with my replies, don't check this thread too often. Good to see you thought our couple of tracks worth a bit of a decent listen, means a lot :thumbsu:.
Awesome pick up with the big Slayer influence in the drumming, would be his favourite band by a stretch so that is always going to shine through. I'll talk to him about what you said as well because it does make sense, so thanks for the input. The ballad idea is actually one which has been thrown around a bit with the band since we formed 18 or so months ago, so one day soon one might eventuate, i'll let you know, hopefully you'll stay posted on our myspace 4 updates on the EP etc. anyway :thumbsu:.

My turn to be sorry for not replying for a while (two months?).:D

Loved your demos and will definitely buy your EP when I can, and let you know what I think.

Cheers.:thumbsu:

I'm not a fan of much modern music at all. Don't care for much rock music after maybe 1983. To me the best rock music is prog rock and fusion from the period 1968-1983. It's all about the quality of the melody, the genius ideas and thoughts to think of smart melodies which stick in your head with interesting bass lines, jazz styled drumming, plenty of classical style keys. It's smart music and a real team effort, where the guitarist actually doesn't get front stage(unlike almost every other form of rock music). The guitarist actually plays as a team member and not a knob :D. The guitarist chips in with bits and pieces with a nice jazz sound and approach. That's what i call quality Rock. The mixture of rock, jazz and classical rolled into one. Other forms of rock just don't have enough interest to hold me. Anyway, here's some ideas I started working on when I started to make my own tunes a few months ago. I'm not a musician(wouldnt know how to play a note on any instrument) so don't expect brilliance with instruments. It's all about ideas and musicians working together :cool:

http://www.myspace.com/vigilante2008

Not really "My" stuff. But they're friends of mine and I'm their manager. They've got quite a following in the local music scene. Really good stuff. They only have one song up at the moment but yeah, check it out. It's bloody good.

Their Myspace is www.myspace.com/theoutcomes2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back