Prediction Changes vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ll see what happens with Georgaides (calf) and Finlayson (back).

Ollie Lord I reckon has put his hand up if needed, as a fwd/ruck that can take marks down the line. Lachie Jones would be in contention. Jake Pasini should be an emergency at minimum.

Miles Bergman surely won’t still be out with illness? Charlie Dixon likely to go through the SANFL first.

Pretty sure Charlie said half a game in the sanfl and back for North Melbourne.

No change unless forced and 3-4 players knocking the door down is as it should be.

I'll be surprised if Georgiades gets up for the game but I expect Finlayson to play. If Georgiades misses they'll most likely just bring in Mayes to play as a 3rd tall as they did against the Crows in round 3.

Personally speaking I'd like to get Duursma into the team but Dumont played well enough to keep his spot yesterday, and I'm not sure there's anyone else he would be ahead of right now. Would love to see Lachie Jones get a game ahead of DBJ but that would never happen. DBJ for me has been absolutely piss poor ever since he was given the Vice-Captaincy.

Lord is doing some nice things, but he's nowhere near AFL ready. Probably still at least a year away at best.

I can't see how we could make a change at the moment. We need Dixon and Fantasia back, but outside of that Dumont deserves to be persisted with and to see if he can keep improving.

Having Duursma, Bergman and Jones waiting in the wings is a solid spot to be. If we stay fit, Dixon and Fantasia would create some epic selection difficulties.

If Finlayson & MG both miss then Lord plays, no ifs or buts. We need the second forward and ruck option.

Yep and good for morale. We all thought Hayes should've debuted last year when Lycett went down but "nah hasn't got the tank for AFL".

Give players a sniff and voila. Ken's legendary people skills based on whether he likes you?

I feel for you guys having to play Friday night after that Saturday slog.

Yep and good for morale. We all thought Hayes should've debuted last year when Lycett went down but "nah hasn't got the tank for AFL".

Give players a sniff and voila. Ken's legendary people skills based on whether he likes you?
Lord strikes me as the sort of forward who will do at AFL level what he does at SANFL level because of his size, athleticism, workrate and competitiveness. In fact, he might even do better against a third tall AFL defender as opposed to the best key SANFL defender, and also theoretically having a better forward structure around him and delivery into the forward 50 (debatable, I know). I hope he can be as good as Mitch Lewis and Kotschiske are for Hawthorn by the time he is the same age as them.

Lord strikes me as the sort of forward who will do at AFL level what he does at SANFL level because of his size, athleticism, workrate and competitiveness. In fact, he might even do better against a third tall AFL defender as opposed to the best key SANFL defender, and also theoretically having a better forward structure around him and delivery into the forward 50 (debatable, I know). I hope he can be as good as Mitch Lewis and Kotschiske are for Hawthorn by the time he is the same age as them.
How’s his kick PJ?

How’s his kick PJ?
A bit like Georgiades in that he doesn't kick all of the ones you expect him to, but is still a nice kick. He kicked a ripper long goal yesterday at the start of the last quarter after taking a good sliding chest mark in front of his opponent. I love that he plays in front and jumps at everything. He plays like someone who has confidence in himself and has some mongrel about him. The best part of his game though is his work below his knees and second efforts. He is as agile and skillful with the ground level ball as Marshall is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 3rd tall AFL defender is an SANFL 1st tall that made the grade.

A bit like Georgiades in that he doesn't kick all of the ones you expect him to, but is still a nice kick. He kicked a ripper long goal yesterday at the start of the last quarter after taking a good sliding chest mark in front of his opponent. I love that he plays in front and jumps at everything. He plays like someone who has confidence in himself and has some mongrel about him. The best part of his game though is his work below his knees and second efforts. He is as agile and skillful with the ground level ball as Marshall is.
I’m sold…

Has Jones shown enough skills to play centre or in the forward line? Replace Motlop for instance.

Too similar to PP who is tracking very well atm.?

Last edited:
Showers easing and 7 degree minimum after 16 during the day forecast for Friday.

If Georgie doesn't come up, I would expect Mayes in.

I don’t see the point in persisting with Sam Mayes.

I’m even a bit iffy on Dumont.

Games into Jones, Bergman and even Duursma please

Dumont hasn't actually done a lot wrong. He's still only 26. Peak age really. His stats were very similar to SPPs on the weekend with better disposal efficiency.
His problem is he isn’t an explosive player so it’s easy to over look his contribution

But again he is really clean in the contest and runs to create space I think he’s offering more in the role we want X to play right now (yes yes X has a much higher ceiling but I’m talking right now)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back