Preview Changes vs Saints May 4th 4:35 at Docklands [out: Stephens/Laz/WiPhi/Biggie / In: Sleevo/Pink/Arch/Shiels]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to drop all our under 21's. Let the senior players bear this embarrassment all on their own.

Then we can get some joy from watching VFL.

Honestly I could get behind stacking the VFL team at the moment.

Internally we don't care about our AFL results this year - fine, let's have our young players developing together in a competitive system. No point subjecting them to smashing after smashing during their most crucial development years.

Inb4 more thinly veiled swipes from other posters about being stupid or impatient or something.

What's everyone's thoughts on trialling Simpkin and Durs down back..think they'd be perfectly suited and much better defensively than the others..with arch included would be a better set up without losing much offensive drive
Probably worth trying at some stage but the coach has said that Sheezel must be given time in the one position. When to do it?

concerned by the comments re the defence.
It’s not contest work when most of their possessions and goals are coming uncontested. Structurally we’re a mess back there. That is the biggest problem. So much space, so many free players. It’s why our inside 50’s against to scoring shots ratio is so high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy Webster gonna play?

Screenshot_20240502_182036_Chrome.jpg

St Kilda v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST

ST KILDA

In:
J.Webster, M.Wood, M.King, J.Hayes
Out: Z.Cordy (managed), J.Higgins (suspension), A.Caminiti (omitted), C.Sharman (omitted)

R7 sub: Angus Hastie

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
T.Pink, L.Shiels, J.Archer, J.Stephenson
Out: C.Lazzaro (omitted), B.Nyuon (omitted), W.Phillips (omitted), D.Stephens (omitted)

R7 sub: Zac Fisher

Honestly I could get behind stacking the VFL team at the moment.

Internally we don't care about our AFL results this year - fine, let's have our young players developing together in a competitive system. No point subjecting them to smashing after smashing during their most crucial development years.

Inb4 more thinly veiled swipes from other posters about being stupid or impatient or something.
I was thinking about this. The big, successful clubs like Collingwood and Geelong - who have been living off the repercussions of priority picks or a bevy of FS selections for 20 years - have almost always been patient with their young ones, content in having a structure of competitive mature players and developing their kids in the VFL until they have the confidence, strength and knowledge of the game plan to compete.

We have a NM vfl side now. Play the kids in the 2s and give them and us something to cheer about, developing a brand and game plan that can weird results, even in the 2s.

We might as far in as we are out of our rebuild, which means we could have another 2-3 years of getting absolutely mauled by teams.

Protect the kids. Crucify the few veterans we have. There will be no hiding behind the effort of the younger players either. We need the harsh light of day to cast itself across every element of the club.

View attachment 1976930

St Kilda v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST

ST KILDA

In:
J.Webster, M.Wood, M.King, J.Hayes
Out: Z.Cordy (managed), J.Higgins (suspension), A.Caminiti (omitted), C.Sharman (omitted)

R7 sub: Angus Hastie

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
T.Pink, L.Shiels, J.Archer, J.Stephenson
Out: C.Lazzaro (omitted), B.Nyuon (omitted), W.Phillips (omitted), D.Stephens (omitted)

R7 sub: Zac Fisher

1 cat 🐱 out
1 cat 🐈 in

Did I read correctly that not only Jy has a fitness test tomorrow but so does LDU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back