Preview Changes vs Saints May 4th 4:35 at Docklands [out: Stephens/Laz/WiPhi/Biggie / In: Sleevo/Pink/Arch/Shiels]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, really unhinged to have an opinion on football and go on a footy forum to share it.
Mate I rest my case. It is not the opinion, it is the same thing ad nauseam that is starting to grate. Up to you what you post on here though, let’s hope things turn tomorrow.

Mate I rest my case. It is not the opinion, it is the same thing ad nauseam that is starting to grate. Up to you what you post on here though, let’s hope things turn tomorrow.
To clarify: the thumbs down is for my criticism. Not for us turning it around tomorrow?

To clarify: the thumbs down is for my criticism. Not for us turning it around tomorrow?

Obviously it’s for the criticism.
If we happen to turn it around, I’ll be here revelling and I’ll be happy.

If we don’t, I’ll be reading people’s criticisms of our lack of direction without telling them “it makes no difference” or “go and barrack for a different club” because that’s not constructive and obviously what I was being sarcastic about in the previous posts.

You might find some things grating, but I think it’s worse when people lurk here just to comment on what others say without having a clarified opinion of their own.

Either way, our team is bollocks and is getting worse. We all want to see signs of improvement tomorrow and I hope we do.

If we don’t, I’ll be reading people’s criticisms of our lack of direction without telling them “it makes no difference” or “go and barrack for a different club” because that’s not constructive and obviously what I was being sarcastic about in the previous posts.

You might find some things grating, but I think it’s worse when people lurk here just to comment on what others say without having a clarified opinion of their own.

Either way, our team is bollocks and is getting worse. We all want to see signs of improvement tomorrow and I hope we do.
I think I’ve been pretty clear with my opinion in multiple threads. I’m concerned but don’t think more instability - I.e sacking board/coaches - is what we need. Anyway. Let’s pray we see something different tomorrow. Enjoy your night.

I think I’ve been pretty clear with my opinion in multiple threads. I’m concerned but don’t think more instability - I.e sacking board/coaches - is what we need. Anyway. Let’s pray we see something different tomorrow. Enjoy your night.

I’ve never called for the coach or board to be sacked, that would kill the club in a second. It’s just bitterly disappointing how far we’ve regressed and absolutely deplorable how tepid everyone is about it.
I’ll very respectfully disagree that any of my opinions around this have been “tripe” and while I’m at it I’ll mention how highly I rate you as a poster here.
I just wish our team had the passion people here seem to have. (Mine lingers even well after the aftermath of another poor loss.)
Enjoy yours too 👍🏼👍🏼

I didn’t day you should barrack for another club - I said I don’t know how a supporter stops “accepting” whatever the team delivers, apart from switching teams (or, I guess, tapping out altogether).

Looking forward to the day we can all sing the song together after a win. I’m just home from the MCG and I really miss being in games and winning them.

I’ve never called for the coach or board to be sacked, that would kill the club in a second. It’s just bitterly disappointing how far we’ve regressed and absolutely deplorable how tepid everyone is about it.
I’ll very respectfully disagree that any of my opinions around this have been “tripe” and while I’m at it I’ll mention how highly I rate you as a poster here.
I just wish our team had the passion people here seem to have. (Mine lingers even well after the aftermath of another poor loss.)
Enjoy yours too 👍🏼👍🏼
Tripe might have been too strong - I just get a bit triggered by repetition of our woes without any analysis in every thread - it’s a classic move of actual s**t posters and the point I was trying to make is you’re not one. Appreciate the appreciation and likewise appreciate your contributions to this suffering community. Go Roos.

Last edited:
I didn’t day you should barrack for another club - I said I don’t know how a supporter stops “accepting” whatever the team delivers, apart from switching teams (or, I guess, tapping out altogether).

Looking forward to the day we can all sing the song together after a win. I’m just home from the MCG and I really miss being in games and winning them.

It wasn’t you 😊
I’ve just heard it a few times in the past: “well go and barrack for one of the big clubs if you hate this so much”.
That’s not my issue with the club. Never will be.

Last edited:
On a positive note, the changes this week should give us a chance of being more competitive. The players brought in are much more physical than those dropped......except Stevo who I have an inexplicable soft spot for. With all the talk this week of us going after an aging player like Pendlebury or Boak to set standards, we actually have one of those in Liam Shiels but haven't been playing him for whatever reason. Yes, he is a little cooked, but he is still far more competitive than Laz or Will or Dyl.

On a positive note, the changes this week should give us a chance of being more competitive. The players brought in are much more physical than those dropped......except Stevo who I have an inexplicable soft spot for. With all the talk this week of us going after an aging player like Pendlebury or Boak to set standards, we actually have one of those in Liam Shiels but haven't been playing him for whatever reason. Yes, he is a little cooked, but he is still far more competitive than Laz or Will or Dyl.
All this talk about how we need to recruit x and y player in the twilight of their careers when we haven’t even been playing the two we’ve already got.

It’s a head scratcher how we got 7 rounds into the season with barely a skerrick of onfield leadership to be seen, while we’ve only found spots for Greenbird and Pup in two games apiece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was 7 years ago the game has evolved since then. Most teams have a minimum 2 KPFs. Which means most teams have a minimum 2 KPDs to defend those KPFs so when they play us we’re outnumbered because they only have to defend against Larkey, he needs help.
If our forwards had any sort of structure Sellers would have gone alright. Sitting at the game they just all led into the same space where the mids had also run down leaving it completely blocked. They need to work out some kind of plan.

If our forwards had any sort of structure Sellers would have gone alright. Sitting at the game they just all led into the same space where the mids had also run down leaving it completely blocked. They need to work out some kind of plan.
Forward structure is non-existent and our delivery in to our F50 is abysmal, there’s a reason we’re last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back