Outs

Darling - Arm
Jones - Nose
Allen - Paper cut
Barrass - Broken finger nail
Kelly - Sniffle

Ins

Probably down to WAFL players, init?

That will make it pretty hard for Hawthorn. Id love to see "Mr. Sniffles" in a proper AFL injury list.
Fixed

images

In my defence, m'lud, I would like to state for the record that I have two daughters...

OUT : Jones, Darling, Allen (rest), Williams (rest)
IN: Dewar, Baker, Barnett, LEdwards
Sub : Trew

Dewar up forward, Baker down back, Barnett to play half a game in the ruck and sub out for Trew
Can't tell if you're taking the piss but I'm going to call you a moron regardless.

Moron.

Can't tell if you're taking the piss but I'm going to call you a moron regardless.

Moron.

Have you seen Hawthorn? We gotta take the tanking to another level.

Its a good time to give guys with back/leg related issues a rest given the long flight and also give Dewar/Baker a game because why not

I really think Bailey Williams 100% needs a match off. He was deplorable last night but fair dinkum. He has a hamstring and knee injury and thats just the 2 we know about

If Jamieson is back, chuck him in the ruck (because he is shit everywhere else) and give the poor guy a game off. Running Bailey Williams into the ground is just sad to watch

Not a lot of point of doing this before the WAFL game, but anyway

Out: Darling, Jones (curse)
In: Chesser, Trew (as sub, Edwards back into the 22)

Backs: Barrass, Hedwards, Rotham, Witherden, Duggan/Ginbey, Hough, Foley
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Ginbey/Duggan, XON, Clark, Hunt
Rucks: Williams, Jamieson
Forwards: Allen, Waterman, Petruccelle, West, Gaff, Chesser, Ledwards
Sub: Trew
Emergencies: Dewar (free flight to Tassie), Barnett, Bazzo or Long or whoever’s fit.

Darling injury gives Jamieson a reprieve because he was invisible as the second ruck.

Gaff spending time forward was a positive move, stick with it.

Maybe SPS is fit, in which case he comes in at the expense of someone like O’Neill or Clark who can play as the sub. Or maybe his leg’s been amputated, who knows.

Not a lot of point of doing this before the WAFL game, but anyway

Out: Darling, Jones (curse)
In: Chesser, Trew (as sub, Edwards back into the 22)

Backs: Barrass, Hedwards, Rotham, Witherden, Duggan/Ginbey, Hough, Foley
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Ginbey/Duggan, XON, Clark, Hunt
Rucks: Williams, Jamieson
Forwards: Allen, Waterman, Petruccelle, West, Gaff, Chesser, Ledwards
Sub: Trew
Emergencies: Dewar (free flight to Tassie), Barnett, Bazzo or Long or whoever’s fit.

Darling injury gives Jamieson a reprieve because he was invisible as the second ruck.

Gaff spending time forward was a positive move, stick with it.

Maybe SPS is fit, in which case he comes in at the expense of someone like O’Neill or Clark who can play as the sub. Or maybe his leg’s been amputated, who knows.

Put petch in the middle and with Darling out throw Barrass forward and have Rotham/ Edwards as key backs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this may sound crazy but I think with development Jamieson could be a better defender than Harry Edwards. Has the height and reach, has significantly better agility, a better jump and is faster.

I know this sounds crazy but I think he could legitimately be a very good KPD.
Agree. He has played there in the past.

I know this may sound crazy but I think with development Jamieson could be a better defender than Harry Edwards. Has the height and reach, has significantly better agility, a better jump and is faster.

I know this sounds crazy but I think he could legitimately be a very good KPD.
Except he would have to learn to do so ?

I remember when he played key back last year during our covid disaster stretch simmo saying he had never played key back .

He then played a bit in the wafl last year.

Has the tools

Except he would have to learn to do so ?

I remember when he played key back last year during our covid disaster stretch simmo saying he had never played key back .

He then played a bit in the wafl last year.

Has the tools
Don’t have an over abundance of talls so we need to get something out of him. But I guess he’ll get a good stretch of games now until NicNat returns in ‘6-7 weeks’ - which means he could play 10-12 more games. 😀

Surely you rest some of the kids like Ginbey and Williams who've been playing sore and with hamstring awareness for weeks. I guess with darling out we'll get a good look at how our forwards cope on an extra defender, if Allen performs well the next couple weeks that basically nullifies any reason to have a half broken darling up forward.

I don't think we have any other reason to rest any other players, Hawthornes midfield is much faster and scrappier than ours they'll out compete us at the contest even if ginbey plays, no reason to purposefully hamper our already broken side.

Give Jamieson a shot as primary ruck and play waterman as backup and let him rest in the forward line. Get a good look at his potential. No way we bring in Barnett underdone.

Out:
1 - Darling (Arm)
2 - Jones (Nose)
3 - BWilliams (really needs a rest and getting on an airplane is bad juju.)
4 - Anyone who has a niggle that is likely to be acerbated by long distance travel and playing in cold, windy and wet conditions.

In:
Chesser, Trew and Edwards (1 as sub)
Jamo for BW.
Anyone who can climb the aircraft steps without assistance. If it takes WAFL guys, so be it.

View attachment 1686653
The scene is set for the first Hawks v West Coast tankathon otherwise known as the Harley Reid Cup. I reckon chuck Chesser in as he got through WAFL. Possible debut for Jack Williams after returning from his spleen injury. Maybe Bazzo might be available.

Can absolutely confirm that Jack Williams will not be debuting next week.

(He played v North last year)

Out Darling (inj) Jones (inj) B Williams (Rest) Ginbey (rest)

In SPS, L Edwards, Chesser Bazzo

Rotham to the forward line

Jones likely has a concussion. Couldn't get a 100% confirmation.

So I would expect at least 2 forced changes next week.

On WAFL form today we really don't have 2 players to bring in who have played any footy.

It's basically Darling and Jones out.
Trew into the 22 and Chesser as the sub.

Outside of that it's 2 cat b rookies and a year 1 ruck who was either injured or got his pants absolutely pulled down by Max Knobel.

Watching the hawks we are in trouble they have far more even ability available. Melbourne beat them - roughly the same marking as ours to GC, a lesser team. As a pointer to our list, Demons and GC have strong fast mids, run across the feld, itall athletic defenders and forwards (lesser extent) and very tall dominate ruck-men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back