Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

What about the match ups Roota? Anything to say about the ones that will swing the game having seen both of these sides up nice and close?

As I metioned in my post, I think the ruck is a worry for Woorinen. Kelm is high quality and I am not sure of the Tigers ruck stocks. Through the midfield I am not sure there is anyone nulify Coates influence and his ability to go forward and kick goals is gold. Having said that Woorinen have some guns in Higgs, Siciliano etc so the midfield may well be a shoot out. If Lovett fires (which I think he will need to if they are to win) then Kerang will need to find someone to run with him but the Tall Forwards of Kerang should get the job done. You have McDonald, Grayling, Thamm (proven grand final player) and even Mathieson if needed and that is too hard for any defence in our league to match up on. Having played in defence against Kerang twice this season I can attest to this.

As I metioned in my post, I think the ruck is a worry for Woorinen. Kelm is high quality and I am not sure of the Tigers ruck stocks. Through the midfield I am not sure there is anyone nulify Coates influence and his ability to go forward and kick goals is gold. Having said that Woorinen have some guns in Higgs, Siciliano etc so the midfield may well be a shoot out. If Lovett fires (which I think he will need to if they are to win) then Kerang will need to find someone to run with him but the Tall Forwards of Kerang should get the job done. You have McDonald, Grayling, Thamm (proven grand final player) and even Mathieson if needed and that is too hard for any defence in our league to match up on. Having played in defence against Kerang twice this season I can attest to this.

If Kelm gets his hand onto the ball (like @ Cohuna a fortnight ago), the job sharking his taps will be a massive task for the Woorinen onballers.

You are right here ROOTA#6, to big to strong and plenty of small zippy/skillfull blokes, Thamm was not so good in last year's Granny:thumbsdown:! Have only seen finals this year of the comp and they look the goods by a streak, if they lose this .................................... gee wizz

Firstly I am a Woorinen person so I apologise if I sound biast at all. Kerang are a great side with an even spread of good footballers across the ground, but I do believe they are volnerible in the back line they have with out a doubt the strongest forward line, and each sides onball is evenly matched with Kerang probably having the edge with higher calibre of players they can rotate through.

For Woorinen to win they will need to exploit Kerangs backline and to do this they will need to win the majority of clearances from the centre and the stoppages aorund the ground and continually pump the ball the forward line. This will be tough job considering the ruck situation we are faced with. The key to the game will be if Woorinen can continually apply pressure and frustrate and not allow them to deliver the ball with ease to there forwards, If we can stay with them until 3 quater time, then maybe a little panic will set in given there recent form in the big ones, who knows what could happen. Kerang are a great side and you would be crazy to back against them but stranger things have happened in footy. Im just glad that the blokes who have stuck with the club through the tough years finally get a chance to playoff in the big one.

At the end of the day Caddy has done a fantastic job in developing the younger blokes on the senior list and with the quality work that recruiting committe has done 2012 has already been a big win for tigerland, and hopefully we can bring home the silverware as well. Go Tiges.

Just heard a whisper that Hugh Foott is playing in the curtain raiser on Saturday, goodluck playing on him Roota....You may even need the second glove

Just heard a whisper that Hugh Foott is playing in the curtain raiser on Saturday, goodluck playing on him Roota....You may even need the second glove

I just mentioned that post to a Lalbert guy. His response was " Hell yeah I hope he is playing".

My thoughts are that if people thought that no-one liked Swan Hill, wait to see what happens if Foott does play!

I honestly hav no idea old mate. I thought it was less than 10 in the seniors and at least 3 in the 2's but if Hugh is playing I must b wrong as usual

Good luck tomorrow mate to you and the rest of the Lalbert/St Marys/Mumble South/Tittybong North/Wangie West Mallee Eagles boys looking for the clubs first ever flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi everyone im a supporter of the monbulk football club in the yarra valley our club has apparently signed daniel ward on as playing coach next year. Was just wondering what sort of player/coach/bloke in general he is

hi everyone im a supporter of the monbulk football club in the yarra valley our club has apparently signed daniel ward on as playing coach next year. Was just wondering what sort of player/coach/bloke in general he is

You have got yourself an excellent player/coach and bloke. I cannot speak highly enough of the contribution Wardy made to our club in the 3 years he was with us

You have got yourself an excellent player/coach and bloke. I cannot speak highly enough of the contribution Wardy made to our club in the 3 years he was with us
I thought he was well past his best as a player, dont know him as a bloke, but found it amusing that the club had a player at the national under 16 championships and he couldnt get a senior game at your club until the season was nearly over and old hacks were still playing, does that reflect on his coaching?

I thought he was well past his best as a player, dont know him as a bloke, but found it amusing that the club had a player at the national under 16 championships and he couldnt get a senior game at your club until the season was nearly over and old hacks were still playing, does that reflect on his coaching?

Obviously he is past his best mate (at his best he played over 100 games of AFL footy) but when fit is still a very good country footballer. As for the point about the young bloke not playing till late in the year....he would have been selected to play every game this season if the coaching panel had their way but as most people that are tied up with footy clubs these days know it is always as simple as that

hey roota i saw the grand final on saturday and was very impressed with troy kelm they tell me he is only 23 would their be any chance of him doing a josh jenkins in the near future

hey roota i saw the grand final on saturday and was very impressed with troy kelm they tell me he is only 23 would their be any chance of him doing a josh jenkins in the near future

Who is this Roota? Is he some sort of Guru of on here? Is there any chance I could download an App on my iphone that will give me Roota Updates? Does he have a 'like' page on the book I could follow?

Who is this young bloke you guys speak of?

$140,000 coaching offer made by Tyntynder down in South West Victoria???? Surely that can't be true, understanding Cairn's is a long way a way and chinese whispers change dramatically along the line, but SHEEEESSHHH!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back