Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
They sure don't. I just thought they might be abit different. They played for about 5 seasons straight knowing that it would take a minor miracle for them not to win a flag. I thought they might just want a different type of challenge.

There is obviously a past connection to the club but gee it would have be b good for them to go to a Flat or South Bendigo etc and build something

There is obviously a past connection to the club but gee it would have be b good for them to go to a Flat or South Bendigo etc and build something

Roota I reckon matho has put in the hard yards travelling from his home town for such a long time. His loyalty to Kerang can not be questioned. Could u imagine the offers he would have knocked back over the years to remain loyal and continue travelling away from home. He was destined to head back home at some stage as was coatesy. There is always a few players that will follow especially the ones like woody that has also travelled and given incredible service. But I can tell u I doubt matho will chase truck etc. he has created a bond at Kerang that I’m sure would allow him back for the rest of his life and never have to buy a beer.
Your looking at one of footballs true gentleman.

Roota I reckon matho has put in the hard yards travelling from his home town for such a long time. His loyalty to Kerang can not be questioned. Could u imagine the offers he would have knocked back over the years to remain loyal and continue travelling away from home. He was destined to head back home at some stage as was coatesy. There is always a few players that will follow especially the ones like woody that has also travelled and given incredible service. But I can tell u I doubt matho will chase truck etc. he has created a bond at Kerang that I’m sure would allow him back for the rest of his life and never have to buy a beer.

No doubt mate what you have said is all true and not a knock on Matho or those boys as I said he had been at Eaglehawk before and obviously loved the joint

Matho did chase truck and almost signed him until Jesse Clark was named coach!

No doubt mate what you have said is all true and not a knock on Matho or those boys as I said he had been at Eaglehawk before and obviously loved the joint
Yeh it's not a knock on them at all, if anything it's a compliment. They are the sort of blokes who could build a club up so it would be great to see that rather than just going to a club where you aren't really going to make much of a difference. In saying that they owe nothing to anyone so good on them for going where they won't to.

helmersdean Word on the street is you've signed at Lake Boga on a three year deal. Is this information true or just hearsay?

helmersdean Word on the street is you've signed at Lake Boga on a three year deal. Is this information true or just hearsay?

No I’ll be coaching lalbert mate!!!!
Excited to see the Saad boys are keen to get fit and give it a big crack next year and may even see another addition from the family gracing the comp????

Last edited:
No I’ll be coaching lalbert mate!!!!
Excited to see the Saad boys are keen to get fit and give it a big crack next year and may even see another addition from the family gracing the comp????
Heard the Saad boys were on the move along with quite a few other players. Viani offered coaching role and taking Boyall with him. Will be difficult covering these sort of losses. Swan Hill losing a few by the sounds.

Heard the Saad boys were on the move along with quite a few other players. Viani offered coaching role and taking Boyall with him. Will be difficult covering these sort of losses. Swan Hill losing a few by the sounds.

s**t you wouldn’t wanna coach lalbert if they are in this much strife!!!!

Losing Boyall and Viani makes it a lot tougher for Lalbert next season. They were probably a player or two off this year so you would imagine they would now need to recruit atleast three really good players to be confident.
Same goes for Swan Hill and Kerang. After losing a couple they really need to go find 3-4 really good players.
This is presuming Woorinen stay the same but apparently they could lose a few too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Boyall and Viani makes it a lot tougher for Lalbert next season. They were probably a player or two off this year so you would imagine they would now need to recruit atleast three really good players to be confident.
Same goes for Swan Hill and Kerang. After losing a couple they really need to go find 3-4 really good players.
This is presuming Woorinen stay the same but apparently they could lose a few too.

Each club will lose and gain a few. Boyall and Vianni will be huge losses to the Eagles..they have been wonderful for our club and hopefully they will be back one day. I know that they are recommending the club to other players they know. I am sure the recruiting committee at home are in the midst of luring replacements and the one or 2 required to go one step further.

Each club will lose and gain a few. Boyall and Vianni will be huge losses to the Eagles..they have been wonderful for our club and hopefully they will be back one day. I know that they are recommending the club to other players they know. I am sure the recruiting committee at home are in the midst of luring replacements and the one or 2 required to go one step further.
I think the problem is the challengers are losing their best or most important players, those guys are going to be bloody hard to replace. I don't think Swan Hill will be able to, the other sides are probably a better chance but it'll be tough.

I think the problem is the challengers are losing their best or most important players, those guys are going to be bloody hard to replace. I don't think Swan Hill will be able to, the other sides are probably a better chance but it'll be tough.

That's the challenge I guess and a reason why Kerang were so strong for so long

Any word on additions as yet..hearing about departures but is anyone landing a few early blows?
I was talking to a couple of Swan Hill people and heard that they have picked up Farrell from Ultima, which is a really good get and apparently someone from Nully but didn't get a name.
Erlandson on has left Nyah for Tooly.

Kayle Kirby with a clearance back into Tyntynder...I hope his health is ok..if so what an addition he will be
Probably the most naturally talented kid I've seen come through this area.

The two Heslop's and Farrell would cover Swan Hill's outs you would think. Probably only leaves them a player short from being a real chance this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back